Help for homosexuals.

Help for homosexuals.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

Moves
13 Feb 13

change IS possible, come out robbie

F

Moves
13 Feb 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
so just to be clear are you saying that a person cannot be assisted to change their sexual preferences?
Unless you have some evidence to the contrary, I don't see how U.S. TV evangelist style tirades and nostrums about "therapy" [e.g.from the article you cited: "There is no such thing as a homosexual [...] Everyone is heterosexual. Some of you may have a homosexual problem. But you are still a heterosexual. 'Homosexual' is simply a description of a psychological disorder, prompted by an inner sense of emptiness. This by the way, is non-religious, non-political information. This is scientific information."] is of any relevance or consequence to the world's 600,000,000 or so homosexuals.

rc

Moves
13 Feb 13

Originally posted by FMF
It reads like a political polemic, or a religioist polemic, not a peer reviewed scientific paper. It mentions the New Testament's Corinthians 6:9ff and "Lord Jesus Christ". Have you got any scientific research that doesn't mention "Lord Jesus Christ"?
then i suggest you read it again, Corinthians is merely cited as the first known instance of assistance. Perhaps you should try to increase your powers of reading comprehension. Again, are you stating that persons cannot overcome homosexual tendencies with assistance? Last time asking.

e

Moves
13 Feb 13

you would need 2 ribs removed to know any more about your arse

rc

Moves
13 Feb 13

Originally posted by FMF
Unless you have some evidence to the contrary, I don't see how U.S. TV evangelist style tirades and nostrums about "therapy" [e.g.from the article you cited: [b]"There is no such thing as a homosexual [...] Everyone is heterosexual. Some of you may have a homosexual problem. But you are still a heterosexual. 'Homosexual' is simply a description of a psychologica ...[text shortened]... ."] is of any relevance or consequence to the world's 600,000,000 or so homosexuals.[/b]
ok, you cannot bring yourself to honestly sate whether a person can be assisted and helped to overcome attraction to persons of the same sex, goodbye, you have wasted enough of my time, i am prepared to discuss it with any reasonable person, not you.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
13 Feb 13

actuality its a continuation of the last, have you anything to add as to what may help or do you think it immoral that a person should change? Again, this thread is not about me, something you people are having extreme difficulty with.
What do you hope to achieve? (other than reminding us of your homophobia? )

rc

Moves
13 Feb 13

Originally posted by e4chris
you would need 2 ribs removed to know any more about your arse
dude, if you have nothing of relevance to say can you please refrain from bitchin, thanks.

rc

Moves
13 Feb 13

Originally posted by karoly aczel
What do you hope to achieve? (other than reminding us of your homophobia? )
nothing as far as you are concerned, as far as i can discern, your contributions are negligible, your understanding minimal. Another one for the iggy list.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
13 Feb 13

Originally posted by divegeester
Or maybe a reach-around?
..even just a quick one...

he needs something

F

Moves
13 Feb 13

So lets ask you again, are you stating that assisted change is impossible?
In my life I have known people who were seemingly straight and then discovered that they were homosexual; I have known a bisexual man that decided to concentrate on his heterosexual side; I have known a self-declared heterosexual woman change to being bisexual and is now a happily married lesbian. So yes people can change. The integrity of the "evidence" for "assisted change" seems to be undermined by the partisan agenda that wants to believe it and wants to disseminate it.

rc

Moves
13 Feb 13

change IS possible, come out robbie
Haha, very funny, so do you genuinely believe that change is possible? or are you simply content to mock?

e

Moves
13 Feb 13

dude, if you have nothing of relevance to say can you please refrain from bitchin, thanks.
pot... kettle... black...

i think you need to come out, you talk more about gays then a gay person that IS a sign you know...

F

Moves
13 Feb 13

I said it has been discredited, if you construe that as a retraction, then that's up to you, I remain sceptical as to what prompted it.
So you reckon Spitzer might have been right and was wrong to retract his research and apologize?

rc

Moves
13 Feb 13

pot... kettle... black...

i think you need to come out, you talk more about gays then a gay person that IS a sign you know...
dude you have no idea how much i love boobs, I am certainly not gay. Now will you answer my question, do you think it possible that a person can be assisted to overcome feelings for persons of the same sex or do you think that its immoral to do so.

F

Moves
13 Feb 13

then i suggest you read it again, Corinthians is merely cited as the first known instance of assistance. Perhaps you should try to increase your powers of reading comprehension. Again, are you stating that persons cannot overcome homosexual tendencies with assistance? Last time asking.
So Corinthians is cited as some kind of 'scientific evidence' in a 'scientific paper'? That's OK is it?