Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 19:32
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    to everyone

Its only when one understands, that the material body is not the real person, that doing away with violent repeat offenders, is sensible and civilized, after all the real person is an eternal spiritual being, without beggining or end,,,,ive told you this before, arent you taking notes.

vishva
    So when we believe your BS without question, we'll understand that killing someone is civilised? I'm floored by your intelectual reasoning here, genius!!

I doubt anyone's taking notes, as you're plainly in need of some sort of counselling.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 22:111 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Then maybe you need to do some more investigation into Hinduism.

You asked the following:
    How, if i may as be as bold to inquire, does one advocate Hinduism and yet attempt to explain the injustice of the caste system?

The answer is in the same way many advocate Christianity. I gave the example of Christianity simply because the hers. But as all flavors of Christianity are not the same, the same can be said of Hinduism.
    no you gave examples of Christianity because you have an axe to grind, indeed, if one looks through your posts in the past, one can readily see the same pattern. The question was specifically made with regard to Hinduism and how it relates to the perpetuation of, in my opinion and unjust system, please do not use it as a vehicle with which to project your own issues, that aside, you seem to be saying that there are branches of Hinduism which support in some type of degree the caste system and others that dont. Have you any specific examples of either.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 22:31
    Originally posted by r99pawn77
    Bhagavad Gita Online

http://www.bartleby.com/45/4/

+++

Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna Online:

http://www.kathamrita.org/KathamritaMain.htm

+++

the spiritual poetry of Kabir

http://www.poetry-chaikhana.com/K/Kabir/#PoemList

+++

Another incredible Hindu poet is Rabindranath Tagore. He was a mentor to Gandhi, and won the Noble Prize f ...[text shortened]... of a Yogi

by Paramahansa Yogananda

http://www.ananda.org/inspiration/books/ay/index.html
    At the turn of the last century(1900), that prabhudda guy came to New York with $12.50 in his pocket from India.
    In the last 100 years since he has propagated ISKON(International society for KRSNA conciousnesss)in the west.
    I'd say he's done rather well.
    While they may not be the best example of human harmony ,I would advocate their type of lifestyle over strangling yourself every morning and going to an office.
    The system IS open to corruption, but noteably there is no forced conversion,no door knocking.
    Just"hare krsna, harekrsna"
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 22:342 edits
    to ThinkOFOne

Did someone say capital punishment.

Capital punishment is the only civilized way of dealing with violent offenders, iam all for it. (exuse me for butting in)

vishva

to everyone

Its only when one understands, that the material body is not the real person, that doing away with violent repeat offenders, is sensible and civilized, after all the real person is an eternal spiritual being, without beggining or end,,,,ive told you this before, arent you taking notes.

vishva

If someone was to catelogue your more insipid posts into one thread I don't know whether they would find them extremely funny, or extremely disturbed.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 00:56
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    At the turn of the last century(1900), that prabhudda guy came to New York with $12.50 in his pocket from India.
    In the last 100 years since he has propagated ISKON(International society for KRSNA conciousnesss)in the west.
    I'd say he's done rather well.
    While they may not be the best example of human harmony ,I would advocate their type of lifesty ...[text shortened]... , but noteably there is no forced conversion,no door knocking.
    Just"hare krsna, harekrsna"
    to karoly aczel

Excellent posting!

vishva
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 04:36
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    How, if i may as be as bold to inquire, does one advocate Hinduism and yet attempt to explain the injustice of the caste system?
    They deserved it and did it to themselves. Kinda like original sin.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 04:37
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    A religion not based on the respect of the current life cannot attract new believers very much.
    Some cults try collective suicide. Those cults don't last long.
    This made me chuckle. 🙂
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 04:39
    to everyone

vishva
    Another creepy religious wierdo. Killing is KILLING! It's not like taking off the body as if it were just a piece of clothing!
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 05:53
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Another creepy religious wierdo. Killing is KILLING! It's not like taking off the body as if it were just a piece of clothing!
    to AThousanYoungh

Its exactly like that!

vishva
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 06:16
    to everyone

vishva
    So whats the point? According to you, they'll just be back in another life, except this time we won't know who they are so we cant lock them up. Surely it is better to keep them in jail now rather than hasten their return?
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 06:53
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So whats the point? According to you, they'll just be back in another life, except this time we won't know who they are so we cant lock them up. Surely it is better to keep them in jail now rather than hasten their return?
    to TwhiteHead

They dont come back as the same person, where they left off, they take birth again, in a different family, with a different upbrining, and hopefully a different outlook.

vishva
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 08:39
    They dont come back as the same person
    You just said a moment ago:
    after all the real person is an eternal spiritual being
    Either they come back as the same person, or the 'real person' is only temporary.
    Or do you mean their character etc changes completely? Surely then the morality should be based on the character rather than the rather meaningless concept of a 'real person' that carries no meaningful attributes?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 08:45
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    They deserved it and did it to themselves. Kinda like original sin.
    no one deserves to be treated unjustly from cradle to the grave, trapped in a system, where no matter what personal efforts one puts forth, their worth has already been determined.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 13:17
    to TwhiteHead

They dont come back as the same person, where they left off, they take birth again, in a different family, with a different upbrining, and hopefully a different outlook.

vishva
    According to reincarnation they can come back as animals.(Animals with truly horrible lives compared to their former human lives)
    But that is not the point of reincarnation and no, I dont agree with vishva on this one. No one deserves to be killed.
    Not even plants,(unless you need to eat them)

All life is sacred, especially human life.

The bhudda was approached from behind by a mass murderer. As he was about to kill bhudda he looked into bhuddas eyes and saw the error of his murdering ways and instantly became a follower of the bhudda.
    Whether this story is true or not is not important to me. What is important is the essence of it. The Spirit of it.

My take on it is that the bhudda knew no fear. In this case he was not afraid to die. Truly unfraid. This fearlessness radiated love that broke through the murderers ignorant, fearful ways and "made" him turn on the spot.

This is a good example of how to deal with violence. With compassion and understanding. Understanding that all human beings possess the god-seed and have the potential to become bhuddas.Also the understanding that our essences are immortal and to die a noble death is a happy ending to your mortal part of your life-despite the grieving relatives you may have left behind..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree