1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 13:19
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no one deserves to be treated unjustly from cradle to the grave, trapped in a system, where no matter what personal efforts one puts forth, their worth has already been determined.
    Another point of agreement between you and I, dearest Robbie of the Carrobie kind🙂
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 17:092 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    According to reincarnation they can come back as animals.(Animals with truly horrible lives compared to their former human lives)
    But that is not the point of reincarnation and no, I dont agree with vishva on this one. No one deserves to be killed.

Not even plants,(unless you need to eat them)

All life is sacred, especially human life.

The ing to your mortal part of your life-despite the grieving relatives you may have left behind..
    to karolaczel

There are some people (actually lots) who have become career criminals, and there are some who kill for pleasure, and there are some who violently rape and murder young girls and women, and there are some males who enjoy bashing and terrorizing other males.

All the above mentioned, have forfeited there right to live amongst the peace loving people of the community, and its the government duty to terminate.

In advanced society, those persons are deemed defective, and the meaning of life being sacred refers to the spiritual nature of the person the spiritual being,
    which is eternal and unaffected by the termination process.

vishva
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 18:192 edits
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    to karolaczel

There are some people (actually lots) who have become career criminals, and there are some who kill for pleasure, and there are some who violently rape and murder young girls and women, and there are some males who enjoy bashing and terrorizing other males.

All the above mentioned, have forfeited there right to live amongst the peace l ...[text shortened]... son the spiritual being,
    which is eternal and unaffected by the termination process.

vishva
    If we are eternal ,then mortal termination shouldn't matter.
    The examples you mentioned are examples of psycologically sick people.
    They should be trreated as such-sick and in need of humane treatment, not people that need to be sent to death row.

you wanna bring back capital punishment? I know where you are coming from, but we need to stay tolerant.
    To start with we shouldn't rely on the police, we should police our own communities. I do.
    If everyone looked out for their neighbours, violent crime would cease.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 18:231 edit
    no you gave examples of Christianity because you have an axe to grind, indeed, if one looks through your posts in the past, one can readily see the same pattern. The question was specifically made with regard to Hinduism and how it relates to the perpetuation of, in my opinion and unjust system, please do not use it as a vehicle with which to project ...[text shortened]... type of degree the caste system and others that dont. Have you any specific examples of either.
    What a pathetic attempt to cover up your hypocrisy. You point your finger at someone for advocatiing Hinduism for the discriminatory Indian caste system while you advocate Jehovah's Witnesses who have discriminatory views against women and homosexuals.

Like I said earlier, "From what I've read, the [Indian] caste system is not supported by Hinduism proper, though through history some have used and continue to use the religion to support their bigotry" and "maybe you need to do some more investigation into Hinduism."

From http://www.vedanta.com/vital.php
    Q - Does Vedanta accept the Indian caste system or does it reject it as incompatible with religious ideals?

A - Caste, as described in the Gita, is concerned with the division of work according to a man's temperament and capacity. In this sense, caste will always exist not only in India but everywhere in the world. There will always be spiritual leaders and teachers, politicians and soldiers, traders and artisans, and laborers. The Gita says that, regardless of caste, all mankind is born for perfection. Each shall attain it by following the duty of his own nature, if this duty is performed as worship of God.

What is usually thought of as the caste system some castes regard others as inferior and discriminate against them is a degeneration of the original idea. As you know, since India gained independence, caste has been practically abolished. But traditionally, monks have been regarded as beyond caste; and they have often been instrumental in teaching harmony and understanding to the prejudiced and intolerant. This reminds me of an incident which I will tell you.

It happened in our Ramakrishna monastery at Madras while Swami Ramakrishnananda was the abbot. On Sri Ramakrishna's birthday, a group of Brahmins and a group of untouchables came to attend the special worship.

The two groups stayed at opposite sides of the prayer hall. Then hymns were sung, and Swami Ramakrishnananda went into an ecstatic mood. He began to dance, first toward one group, then toward the other. An intense spiritual atmosphere was created. Responding to it, the Brahmins and untouchables forgot themselves, and moved closer to one another. Finally, all were dancing together, united in the thought of God.

This is what happens when you give people true spirituality: ignorance and prejudice leave of themselves. Reform by legislation does little; we must begin reform at the roots.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 18:251 edit
    no one deserves to be treated unjustly from cradle to the grave, trapped in a system, where no matter what personal efforts one puts forth, their worth has already been determined.
    You could have said the same about the JW's position toward women. This is the type of hypocrisy that Jesus spoke against time and again.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 18:30
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    If we are eternal ,then mortal termination shouldn't matter.
    They should be trreated as such-sick and in need of humane treatment, not people that need to be sent to death row.

you wanna bring back capital punishment? I know where you are coming from, but we need to stay toleran ...[text shortened]... n communities. I do.
    If everyone looked out for their neighbours, violent crime would cease.

Spot on as was ATCs earlier point about the judicial system not being mistake-proof. People such as V allow their fears to override their ability to be able to think rationally about this subject.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 19:122 edits
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    You could have said the same about the JW's position toward women. This is the type of hypocrisy that Jesus spoke against time and again.
    yawn, did you not understand the import of my words, was the language perhaps a little vague? couched and cloaked with in-house terminology and technical terms? if you want to start a thread with aeons of frothy mouthed ranting about this prejudice, that hypocrisy, then start your own thread Spanky, this is about Hinduism.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 19:14
    What a pathetic attempt to cover up your hypocrisy. You point your finger at someone for advocatiing Hinduism for the discriminatory Indian caste system while you advocate Jehovah's Witnesses who have discriminatory views against women and homosexuals.

Like I said earlier, "From what I've read, the [Indian] caste system is not supported by Hinduism pr ...[text shortened]... hemselves. Reform by legislation does little; we must begin reform at the roots.[/quote]
    you know, i was gonna read this, when i saw it was nothing but a vehicle for your incessant whinging, i stopped where i was, such a crashing bore.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 20:121 edit
    yawn, did you not understand the import of my words, was the language perhaps a little vague? couched and cloaked with in-house terminology and technical terms? if you want to start a thread with aeons of frothy mouthed ranting about this prejudice, that hypocrisy, then start your own thread Spanky, this is about Hinduism.
    yawn, did you not understand the import of my words, was the language perhaps a little vague? couched and cloaked with in-house terminology and technical terms?

So far as I can tell, I understood your post perfectly.

This is what you said:

I see nothing here that doesn't equally apply to the JWs position with regards to women.

if you want to start a thread with aeons of frothy mouthed ranting about this prejudice, that hypocrisy, then start your own thread Spanky, this is about Hinduism.

Actually this thread is about "Hinduism Resources". You're the one who deviated from the topic of this thread with your attack on the OP and Hinduism. An attack that is not only hypocritical given the JWs stance toward women, but which does not seem to apply to Hinduism proper as I showed in an earlier post.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 20:172 edits
    you know, i was gonna read this, when i saw it was nothing but a vehicle for your incessant whinging, i stopped where i was, such a crashing bore.
    Evidently when you have no defense, you can only resort to making comments about "incessant whinging" and complaining about it being a "crashing bore".

You should really read the post. No doubt you'd learn something about Hinduism, though if you remain true to form you'll be more than content to remain ignorant. If ignorance is bliss, I imagine you're ecstatic.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 20:191 edit
    [b]yawn, did you not understand the import of my words, was the language perhaps a little vague? couched and cloaked with in-house terminology and technical terms?

So far as I can tell, I understood your post perfectly.

This is what you said:
    [qoute]no one deserves to be treated unjustly from cradle to the grave, trapped in a system, where no d women, but which does not seem to apply to Hinduism proper as I showed in an earlier post.[/b]
    i attacked nothing, i simply asked a question, had you not begun your text with a rant, i might have found an answer, but nooooooo, you could not do it, you slimy hijacker, give it up and answer the question, then if you want to, you can froth and foam like an irate fire extinguisher until your denunciations and curses permeate the air like pollen in summer.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 20:20
    Evidently when you have no defense, you can only resort to making comments about "incessant whinging" and complaining about it being a "crashing bore".

You should really read the post. No doubt you'd learn something about Hinduism, though if you remain true to form you'll be more than content to remain ignorant. If ignorance is bliss, I imagine you're ecstatic.
    i shall gladly read it, minus the ravings and rants!
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 20:242 edits
    i attacked nothing, i simply asked a question, had you not begun your text with a rant, i might have found an answer, but nooooooo, you could not do it, you slimy hijacker, give it up and answer the question, then if you want to, you can froth and foam like an irate fire extinguisher until your denunciations and curses permeate the air like pollen in summer.
    It's remarkable how you can so consistently make one failed argument after another. It was an attack phrased in the form of a question, but an attack nonetheless. If you're going to make it, you should at least have the decency to own up to it. But this is only true to form for you.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 20:34
    It's remarkable how you can so consistently make one failed argument after another. It was an attack phrased in the form of a question, but an attack nonetheless. If you're going to make it, you should at least have the decency to own up to it. But this is only true to form for you.
    you dont understand, i am water, these obstacles in the form of vile accusations, i simply flow past, they get submerged into the torrent, carried by the current and driven out to sea, where they fall to the oceans floor into huge oceanic subterranean filters, which vulcanise the impurities and filter out clean water.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 20:41
    you dont understand, i am water, these obstacles in the form of vile accusations, i simply flow past, they get submerged into the torrent, carried by the current and driven out to sea, where they fall to the oceans floor into huge oceanic subterranean filters, which vulcanise the impurities and filter out clean water.
    Is that how you manage to remain a hypocrite who advocates the Jehovah's Witnesses who have discriminatory positions toward women and homosexuals?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree