1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 08:451 edit
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Not surprised that Think of One, has not thought of one answer to any of my questions. Once he answers the question "Is the holocaust objectively wrong?" he will realise that he has to assume that an objective standard for right and wrong exists. Then he will realise that he will also have to defend the objective standard that he posits. Once he has done this I shall continue to answer his questions.
    You have used the word 'objective' 3 times in your post, but I remain unconvinced you understanding its meaning. Please explain its recurrent deployment.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 08:52
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    You have used the word 'objective' 3 times in your post, but I remain unconvinced you understanding its meaning. Please explain in recurrent deployment.
    His use of the word "objective" seems to fluctuate between being 1. an idea that his god figure would agree with (or something along those lines) or 2. ideas or opinions that Fetchmyjunk agrees with.

He seems to use it as a kind of 'intensifier' to indicate an idea that coincides with his own idea (as he does with terms like universal and absolute).
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 09:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    His use of the word "objective" seems to fluctuate between being 1. an idea that his god figure would agree with (or something along those lines) or 2. ideas or opinions that Fetchmyjunk agrees with.

He seems to use it as a kind of 'intensifier' to indicate an idea that coincides with his own idea (as he does with terms like universal and absolute).
    The irony is that FMJ is probably the least objective poster to these forums.
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 10:00
    You have used the word 'objective' 3 times in your post, but I remain unconvinced you understanding its meaning. Please explain its recurrent deployment.
    Objectivity is a central philosophical concept, related to reality and truth, which has been variously defined by sources. Generally, objectivity means the state or quality of being true even outside of a subject's individual biases, interpretations, feelings, and imaginings. A proposition is generally considered objectively true (to have objective truth) when its truth conditions are met without biases caused by feelings, ideas, opinions, etc., of a sentient subject.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objectivity_(philosophy)
  5. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 10:03
    According to your subjective opinion? 😉
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 02:03
    Please explain its recurrent deployment.
    Your wordage gave me a tingle. sigh
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 08:23
    Originally posted by apathist
    Your wordage gave me a tingle. sigh
    It happens.
  8. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    12 Feb '17 05:52
    The irony is you talk about 'objective' without positing an objective standard.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree