1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Feb '17 22:53
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    FMJ said the bible was absolute due to nothing being added or removed. I don't need to believe in God to understand this is incorrect. In the formation of the bible, it was man, not God, who decided which books to include and which to exclude (almost certainly to fit the agenda of the day). No doubt if the bible had been put together 20 years later i ...[text shortened]... a number of different books than it does today. (With just as many contradictions and horrors).
    Nothing again can be done or said that would cause you to accept God as having any involvement on or at any level. With respect to scripture if God is alive and watching over His Word as it is being translated into different languages, I am sure that is something He watches over carefully.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '17 22:57
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Nothing again can be done or said that would cause you to accept God as having any involvement on or at any level. With respect to scripture if God is alive and watching over His Word as it is being translated into different languages, I am sure that is something He watches over carefully.
    Prove, through scripture, that God is Jesus.

You cannot.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Feb '17 23:22
    Originally posted by chaney3

You cannot.
    John 14:9
    (Jesus speaking) "anyone who has seen me has seen the father"
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 00:01

You cannot.
    I have shared with you and you have your fingers in your own ears. If you want the truth like Duke you should start praying God gives you ears to hear and eyes to see. Without those you will end up no differently than the religious leaders of Jesus day, who saw all that God was doing and still missed God.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 01:27
    I have shared with you and you have your fingers in your own ears. If you want the truth like Duke you should start praying God gives you ears to hear and eyes to see. Without those you will end up no differently than the religious leaders of Jesus day, who saw all that God was doing and still missed God.
    Sorry KellyJay, Jesus made no claim to be God.

Humans made it up.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 01:322 edits
    I'm wondering. Can you chose to move on, and leave the rest of us alone? Please? Or at least shut up and enjoy this life. Because, this is true dope, you have nothing else locked in place.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 01:38
    Originally posted by apathist
    I'm wondering. Can you chose to move on, and leave the rest of us alone? Please? Or at least shut up and enjoy this life. Because, this is true dope, you have nothing else locked in place.
    Are you denying him his voice?

Why?
  8. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 04:31
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Seems like pretty much everyone here understands that when faced with points that you can't address, you start asking spurious questions and later pretend that you're the victim.

It's dishonest. It's what you do.
    I seems everyone here understands that you are only here to ask questions and not to answer any. Until you can "think of one" answer to my questions, don't expect me to answer any more of yours.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 04:32
    Sorry KellyJay, Jesus made no claim to be God.

Humans made it up.
    You believe humans made up scripture?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 04:33
    Originally posted by apathist
    If you want me to stop responding to you ask, I will grant your wish.
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 08:31
    But in the formation of the bible, things were added and removed. (And not by God).
    How do you know that God did not oversee what was added or removed?
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 09:04
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    How do you know that God did not oversee what was added or removed?
    How do you know He did? (In absolute terms).
  13. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 09:12
    How do you know He did? (In absolute terms).
    It's an assumption I'm willing to make, just like you assume he doesn't exist. Neither of us can prove it.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 09:22
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    It's an assumption I'm willing to make, just like you assume he doesn't exist. Neither of us can prove it.
    Finally!!! We get there! Your 'universal absoluteness' is grounded in your personal assumption.

You realise you just blew yourself out the water right? There is nothing absolute in assumptions.
  15. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 09:24
    Finally!!! We get there! Your 'universal absoluteness' is grounded in your personal assumption.

You realise you just blew yourself out the water right? There is nothing absolute in assumptions.
    Sorry but assuming that absolutes do exist is not the same as assuming that absolutes don't exist.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree