1. Joined
    15 Nov '02
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 14:53
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I didn't ask a question, just stated a simple fact. You people call yourself Christians but you hardly ever quote Jesus' words in the Gospels. Where did Jesus say ALL scripture is "God breathed"? He obviously didn't care for the OT Law that said adulterers should be stoned to death, did he? John 8: 1-15. When considering the validity of doctr ...[text shortened]... only authoritative ones in the Bible for a "Christian" i.e. a follower of Christ's teaching.
    I put the word question in parentheses for a reason.

Jesus said:
    I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

The Kingdom of God had arrived, He was the only one who could stone the adulterer (or at least be the first to throw a stone) but Jesus came to save the lost ... God's punishment is still death, it's just that Jesus came to save us from our sin by dying for our sin, in our place.

It was Jesus's agents (as you call them) who wrote the Gospels.
    Don't be deceived, the Bible is either the Truth or it isn't ... there is no middle ground. If you say there are parts that are true, how do you know, what authority do you have? The Bible dictates to you, not the other way around.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 14:56
    Originally posted by Acts29
    I put the word question in parentheses for a reason.

Jesus said:
    I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

The Kingdom of God had arrived, He was the only one who could stone the adulterer (or at least be the ...[text shortened]... w do you know, what authority do you have? The Bible dictates to you, not the other way around.
    Actually, you put the word "question" in quotes, not parentheses, so your ability to read your own posts "literally" is pretty weak. What makes you think you can properly interpret the Word of God?
  3. London
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 15:06
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Men of God coping with how He made them or diseased deviants perverting the church?
    Men of God coping with how Humanity (un)made them.
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 15:31
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I would be attracted to you if you built up some guts and submitted a picture.
    Maybe that's why I don't. 🙂
  5. Graceland.
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 16:07
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Maybe that's why I don't. 🙂

Shizzle ma Nizzl Bruva.

Kirk and Casps in the Crib...

Seriously though... If you can get that pic with you from FW and Cribs with his wicked bob, I could put all 3 of us ina pic ?
  6. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 22:21
    Originally posted by Darfius
    And I shall pray that you put God where He should be in your life. 1st.
    Do you mean to infer that it is otherwise?
  7. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 22:36
    Originally posted by Omnislash
    Do you mean to infer that it is otherwise?
    From what you present here, yes.
  8. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 22:57
    From what you present here, yes.
    Then I shall call you brother no more. No man can know anothers personal relationship with God. If you would judge me, then speak to me no more in fellowship for you are an embarrassment to me and my fellow servant of Christ. You have much to learn lad, much indeed.
    Pax vobiscum Darfius.

Best Regards,

Omnislash
  9. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 23:01
    Then I shall call you brother no more. No man can know anothers personal relationship with God. If you would judge me, then speak to me no more in fellowship for you are an embarrassment to me and my fellow servant of Christ. You have much to learn lad, much indeed.
    Pax vobiscum Darfius.

Best Regards,

Omnislash
    I wasn't judging your salvation, however I was rebuking you for putting the opinions of others above the opinion of God, as is proper, right, and commanded of us in the Word of God.

It saddens me that you won't call me brother, but it saddens me more that you let the opinion of the lost sway you more than the opinion OF your brother.
  10. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 23:15
    I wasn't judging your salvation, however I was rebuking you for putting the opinions of others above the opinion of God, as is proper, right, and commanded of us in the Word of God.

It saddens me that you won't call me brother, but it saddens me more that you let the opinion of the lost sway you more than the opinion OF your brother.
    Your God is not my God Darfius.

I have read the scriptures, cover to cover. I have contemplated the vagaries and manifestations presented in the word. I have learned side by side with men of God, debated with them, held open table discussions with them. I have spent the better part of my life in the academic pursuit of truth, the largest of which being the pursuit of theistic truth. I have delved into beliefs both common and obscure, new and old. I have seen it all Darfius, with open eyes and an open mind. I have studied the histories, both commonly held and fabled, certified and disputed, of the major (and many minor) theologies of the world. This has been my passion, my purpose, to find answers.

This said, I reinerate, your God is not my God. My God does not order his subjects to condemn. My God does not order his subjects to judge their fellow man. My God reserves this right for himself, for only he is qualified.

If you were not a Christain, I would have no quarrel with you. However, you incessantly proclaim to be a patron of the truth, spreading the light of God. You do not understand the light of God, not in this respect atleast. We are all imperfect beings Darfius, but some of us have the wisdom to acknowledge this and speak only of that which we know, and if we speculate we say as much.

Only God may judge me.

Pax Vobiscum,

Deus Ex Machina
  11. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 00:01
    Your God is not my God Darfius.

I have read the scriptures, cover to cover. I have contemplated the vagaries and manifestations presented in the word. I have learned side by side with men of God, debated with them, held open table discussions with them. I have spent the better part of my life in the academic pursuit of truth, the largest of which being ...[text shortened]... culate we say as much.

Only God may judge me.

Pax Vobiscum,

Deus Ex Machina
    "Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear."
    1st Timothy 5:20

Simply because our definition of love is different does not mean I do not show it, Omni. You choose to show it through gentleness and being amiable and I choose to show it by sharing the Gospel.
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 00:18

Simply because our definition of love is different does not mean I do not show it, Omni. You choose to show it through gentleness and being amiable and I choose to show it by sharing the Gospel.
    We seem to have gotten back on topic somehow. Wow.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 00:23

Funny, Jesus said just the opposite. Who are you going to follow: Jesus or the author of 1st Timothy?
  14. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 01:02
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Funny, Jesus said just the opposite. Who are you going to follow: Jesus or the author of 1st Timothy?
    You're confused about who Jesus was talking to. Since God is the author of ALL of the Bible, I follow ALL of it.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Mar '05 01:14
    You're confused about who Jesus was talking to. Since God is the author of ALL of the Bible, I follow ALL of it.
    You are either confused or a deliberate liar; take your pick. Jesus is preaching to the multitudes in Luke 6:35-37 when he Says:

35 But love your enemies, and do them good, and lend, never despairing; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be sons of the Most High: for he is kind toward the unthankful and evil.

36 Be ye merciful, even as your Father is merciful.

37 And judge not, and ye shall not be judged: and condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: release, and ye shall be released:

Take a gander at Luke 6:37 and tell me again whether you follow Jesus' teachings or not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree