1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 21:49
    Men of God coping with how He made them or diseased deviants perverting the church?
  2. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:00
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Men of God coping with how He made them or diseased deviants perverting the church?
    Just people, trying to live out their lives and their faith.
  3. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:01
    There is no such thing as a practicing homosexual Christian. That's like a practicing murdering Christian. Equally as absurd.
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:031 edit
    Originally posted by Darfius
    There is no such thing as a practicing homosexual Christian. That's like a practicing murdering Christian. Equally as absurd.
    Homosexuality is like murder? Now that's absurd!
  5. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:03
    THAT my friend is a good question. I've got a friend here at work that's gay and yet he's a strong Jesus follower. Even plays the piano in the choir. He's one of those quiet christians though. Doesn't ever talk about his faith so I never bring it up either. He respects the rules of work in other words.

I've always wanted to ask him about this, but I just don't want to open that discussion if it's gonna make him uncomfortable. But I'd love to know his thoughts on it. He's openly gay too. Doesn't hide it.

6. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:05
    I beg to differ. Either you have been misinformed or you've jumped to a quick and irrational judgement based upon a tiny bit of information. I'm guessing it's both. But of course that's just an assumption on my part.

7. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:06
    Originally posted by wib
    THAT my friend is a good question. I've got a friend here at work that's gay and yet he's a strong Jesus follower. Even plays the piano in the choir. He's one of those quiet christians though. Doesn't ever talk about his faith so I never bring it up either. He respects the rules of work in other words.

I've always wanted to ask him about this, bu ...[text shortened]... ut I'd love to know his thoughts on it. He's openly gay too. Doesn't hide it.

He doesn't talk about his faith because his god is not the one true God who commands us to share our faith. His god is a Supreme Therapist who is only good for comforting him while he sins to his heart's content.
  8. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:07
    Originally posted by wib
    I beg to differ. Either you have been misinformed or you've jumped to a quick and irrational judgement based upon a tiny bit of information. I'm guessing it's both. But of course that's just an assumption on my part.

The Bible is incapable of misinformation, since it is from God.
  9. Graceland.
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:07
    Homosexuality is like murder? Now that's absurd!

Call it "murdering your arse" if you like, either way, death by pineapple is not the way I'd like to go...

10. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:16
    He doesn't talk about his faith because his god is not the one true God who commands us to share our faith. His god is a Supreme Therapist who is only good for comforting him while he sins to his heart's content.
    That's not it knucklehead. He's at WORK. I already told you that.

And how do you know what his God is? A supreme therapist? Where in the world do you get that nonsense from?

I can assure you he believes in the same Jesus you do. His church is a huge part of his life and I assume so is his faith.

So let's stay on point here. We're not discussing whether he's right or wrong by being gay, we're discussing how he and other homosexuals deal with being gay and christian in the anti-gay world that makes up christianity. You know, people like you.

11. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:22
    That's not it knucklehead. He's at WORK. I already told you that.

If he values his job over obeying God, then you are helping make my point.

And how do you know what his God is? A supreme therapist? Where in the world do you get that nonsense from?

Christians are told to judge other Christians by their actions. So far he is ashamed of God and putting his desires above God's. His god isn't the same as mine.

I can assure you he believes in the same Jesus you do. His church is a huge part of his life and I assume so is his faith.

Really? If you've never talked to him about it, how can you assure me of it? Mormons go to church a lot and have faith, but I can assure YOU that their Jesus is not mine.

So let's stay on point here. We're not discussing whether he's right or wrong by being gay, we're discussing how he and other homosexuals deal with being gay and christian in the anti-gay world that makes up christianity. You know, people like you.

First off, do not make me out to be ignorant or bigoted. I hate the sin, not the sinner. My best friend in the world is homosexual, but he gave up his homosexuality when he became a Christian, to please God and NOT himself. Your friend puts himself above God, and as such is breaking many commandments in the Bible he claims to adhere to.
  12. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:27
    [b]That's not it knucklehead. He's at WORK. I already told you that.

If he values his job over obeying God, then you are helping make my point.

Christians are told to judge other Christians by their actions. So far he is as ...[text shortened]... imself above God, and as such is breaking many commandments in the Bible he claims to adhere to.[/b]
    Do you discuss your faith at work?
  13. Graceland.
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:28
    Originally posted by wib

wib, the definition of Christian is a 'follower' of Christ. Surely that would imply a Christian would follow and try to adhere to God's laws ? Sure, we all sin from time to time, some more than others, but to remain is sin means a seperation from Christ. Homosexuality, adultery and beastiality were some of the few sins in the Mosaic law punisheable by death.

Your friend may believe to be a Christian, but would you also believe someone to be a Christian should they 1. Actively commit adultery and see no harm in it; 2. Have sex with animals ?

pc
  14. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:29
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    Do you discuss your faith at work?
    I do not have a job. However, I discuss my faith at school.
  15. Burnsville, NC, USA
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:32
    Once again, I will start off by saying that I am not very well versed in the bible, but does it actually condemn homosexuals? If so, could you please give the chapter and verse.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree