Homosexuals in heaven?

Homosexuals in heaven?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
06 Aug 12

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
2 upstanding homosexuals who love each other are upholding christianity's standards. the real ones. not the ones placed in an outdated book, right next to a list of reasons to stone a little girl or how to kill anyone who doesn't believe in your exact idea of god.
another FAIL, they should love Gods standards more, what did Jesus say the greatest
commandment was, that you love your God with your whole heart, mind , soul and
strength which means upholding his righteous standards.

rc

Moves
06 Aug 12

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Lets face it, your sort of thinking on this issue is on the way out in most civilized places ...
Whether it's in the bible or not 😲
lets face it, fashions come and fashions go but Gods standards transcend the whims of
moral fashion, neeeeext!

rc

Moves
06 Aug 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
how did the homosexuals of this passage stop being homosexuals? how is it possible in any situation for a homosexual to stop being homosexual?

how were the people in the passage cleansed?
They stop rogering other men, repent and adopt Christian standards. They were
cleansed in that they now have an approved standing before God, cleansing their
consciences.

rc

Moves
06 Aug 12

Originally posted by JS357
"clearly from the text homosexuals do not enter heaven"

Sexually active homosexuals, you must mean, for if the text is correct, why can't men who are homosexuals who do not lie with men, that is, who refrain from it, "inherit God's kingdom?"

So the original question is whether these men can remain homosexuals after that inheriting and going to heaven or ...[text shortened]... think that being a celibate homosexual is impossible, but there are celibate homosexuals.
yes those who practice homosexuality, the passage did state, in the imperative, men
who lie with men as signifying an act. The homosexual is not condemned as a person,
but for the act of homosexuality, as I have made clear on many an occasion.

F

Moves
06 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
the Bible is clear and explicit. Its not my opinion, you FAIL fatboy.
You told us you shopped around for a religion; had a look; sought out what suited you, in your opinion. Presumably you felt hollow and needed to fill yourself with something, anything. You opted for what you opted for. Good for you. You still come across as a bit of a hollow tinpot though, more often than not. Inevitable perhaps. Just putting your misanthropic pontification about homosexuals into context. If'd you'd picked Hinduism - with your personality - I have no doubt you'd be here preening yourself and rabbitting on about 'empirical evidence' and railing against 'self-certified, non-Hindu opinions' etc.

F

Moves
06 Aug 12
1 edit

lets face it, fashions come and fashions go but Gods standards transcend the whims of moral fashion, neeeeext!
Mosaic Law went out of fashion, didn't it?

rc

Moves
06 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
You told us you shopped around for a religion; had a look; sought out what suited you, in your opinion. Presumably you felt hollow and needed to fill yourself with something, anything. You opted for what you opted for. Good for you. You still come across as a bit of a hollow tinpot though, more often than not. Inevitable perhaps. Just putting your misanthropic p ...[text shortened]... about 'empirical evidence' and railing against 'self-certified, non-Hindu opinions' etc.
I posted the Biblical perspective, this has nothing to do with what I profess, i did not
author it, I merely presented it, that's why you FAIL, you are making irrelevant
arguments.

rc

Moves
06 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
Mosaic Law went out of fashion, didn't it?
It was an archetype, not a moral fashion.

F

Moves
06 Aug 12

I posted the Biblical perspective, this has nothing to do with what I profess, i did not
author it, I merely presented it, that's why you FAIL, you are making irrelevant
arguments.
I am putting your comments about homosexuals into context. It is simply your personal opinion that your prejudice and support for discrimination is acceptable. You chose your religion despite its misanthropy and profoundly backward attitude. Who knows, perhaps you chose your religion because of its misanthropy and profoundly backward attitude.

rc

Moves
06 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
I am putting your comments about homosexuals into context. It is simply your personal opinion that your prejudice and support for discrimination is acceptable. You chose your religion despite its misanthropy and profoundly backward attitude. Who knows, perhaps you chose your religion because of its misanthropy and profoundly backward attitude.
another FAIL, I merely posted the Biblical perspective which is clear and explicit, no
matter what hate speech you utilise, the fact remains, Gays cannot inherit Gods
Kingdom.

F

Moves
06 Aug 12

I posted the Biblical perspective, this has nothing to do with what I profess...
The "Biblical perspective" has "nothing to do with what [you] profess"?

F

Moves
06 Aug 12

another FAIL, I merely posted the Biblical perspective which is clear and explicit, no
matter what hate speech you utilise, the fact remains, Gays cannot inherit Gods
Kingdom.
What "hate speech" have I used?

F

Moves
06 Aug 12

It was an archetype, not a moral fashion.
The Mosaic Law "archetype" went out of fashion, though, didn't it?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
supposedly there won't be much sex in heaven, since you have nothing to sex up each other with. and we all will love each other.

so everybody will be platonically bi. though even bi might be too much to say since its hard to define boy souls and girl souls.

so better to say: one giant hippie spiritual love fest

and yes, homosexuals get to heaven in my opinion.
Sex is biologically for reproduction. Of course there is the odd fun moment🙂 but
in the bible heaven, would there be kids? If not, your bodies would probably all become unisexed. In fact, why would you need a physical body at all? Wouldn't you be more like some kind of complex cloud of energy that from the POV of each individual, would think of themselves as solid entities?

Isn't that how the concept of souls are about?

In that case, sex would be the coupling of two different energy clouds.....

In short, Matrix....

F

Moves
06 Aug 12

I posted the Biblical perspective, this has nothing to do with what I profess...
Did you think homosexuality was "immoral" back when you were into drugs and the occult etc.? Or did you adopt and internalize the condemnation of
it when you opted for the religion that you profess nowadays, because the group you joined wouldn't have accepted you otherwise?