1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 11:32
    1. Can homosexuals make it to heaven?
    2. What happens to them in heaven ... do they become heterosexual?
  2. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 11:42
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Angels dancing on a pin mate!

There is no evidence for the existence of heaven and therefore no point in speculating about its properties.

--- Penguin
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 11:53
    i could imagine that living for eternity would eventually become rather dull and with a lack of new things to do im sure everything will be tried at least once. i guess this asks the question 'if two straight men have sex with each other does that make them homosexuals?'
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 12:412 edits
    It is clear from the Biblical text that those who were homosexuals in the first
    century, after they became Christians, stopped the practice in order to bring their
    life into harmony with Gods standards of morality,

(1 Corinthians 6:9-11) . . .What! Do you not know that unrighteous persons will not
    inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor
    adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men,  nor
    thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit
    God’s kingdom.  And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been
    washed clean, but you have been sanctified, but you have been declared righteous
    in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.

clearly from the text homosexuals do not enter heaven.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 13:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    century, after they became Christians, stopped the practice in order to bring their

(1 Corinthians 6:9-11) . . .What! Do you not know that unrighteous persons will not
    inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Ne ...[text shortened]... Christ and with the spirit of our God.

could it not mean that homosexuals have been forgiven 'you have been washed clean' and they will enter heaven 'sanctified, declared righteous'. this could mean that they have been forgiven in the past and future tense, the same way when christ died mans sins had been cleansed in the past and future tense??

i note that homosexuality is deemed bad, but only in the same breath as drunkards, revilers and fornicators........not exactly the worst 3 crimes in the world.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 13:41
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    could it not mean that homosexuals have been forgiven 'you have been washed clean' and they will enter heaven 'sanctified, declared righteous'. this could mean that they have been forgiven in the past and future tense, the same way when christ died mans sins had been cleansed in the past and future tense??

i note that homosexuality is deemed bad, b ...[text shortened]... h as drunkards, revilers and fornicators........not exactly the worst 3 crimes in the world.
    the text clearly states and yet that is what some of you WERE! They cannot inherit
    Gods Kingdom, regardless of whether its deemed, bad, Bible is clear and explicit.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 13:42
    supposedly there won't be much sex in heaven, since you have nothing to sex up each other with. and we all will love each other.

so everybody will be platonically bi. though even bi might be too much to say since its hard to define boy souls and girl souls.

so better to say: one giant hippie spiritual love fest

and yes, homosexuals get to heaven in my opinion.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 13:48
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    supposedly there won't be much sex in heaven, since you have nothing to sex up each other with. and we all will love each other.

so everybody will be platonically bi. though even bi might be too much to say since its hard to define boy souls and girl souls.

so better to say: one giant hippie spiritual love fest

and yes, homosexuals get to heaven in my opinion.
    in my opinion??? more secular liberal all inclusive, all encompassing, lovey dovey
    bilge, Christianity is a privilege for those who uphold its standards, not for those who
    disregard them.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 14:191 edit
    in my opinion??? more secular liberal all inclusive, all encompassing, lovey dovey
    bilge, Christianity is a privilege for those who uphold its standards, not for those who
    disregard them.
    Lets face it, your sort of thinking on this issue is on the way out in most civilized places ...
    Whether it's in the bible or not 😲
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 14:431 edit
    disregard them.
    You say - after dabling in drugs and the occult and whatever else - you took a look at various religious groups, shopped around a bit and finally chose the group and beliefs that you now profess. In your opinion, the brand of Christianity you settled for and now propagate is the right thing for you. I would not have settled for what you have settled for. But you are entitled to your opinion.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 14:50
    disregard them.
    2 upstanding homosexuals who love each other are upholding christianity's standards. the real ones. not the ones placed in an outdated book, right next to a list of reasons to stone a little girl or how to kill anyone who doesn't believe in your exact idea of god.
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 15:14
    the text clearly states and yet that is what some of you WERE! They cannot inherit
    Gods Kingdom, regardless of whether its deemed, bad, Bible is clear and explicit.
    how did the homosexuals of this passage stop being homosexuals? how is it possible in any situation for a homosexual to stop being homosexual?

how were the people in the passage cleansed?
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 15:24

inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Ne ...[text shortened]... Christ and with the spirit of our God.

"clearly from the text homosexuals do not enter heaven"

Sexually active homosexuals, you must mean, for if the text is correct, why can't men who are homosexuals who do not lie with men, that is, who refrain from it, "inherit God's kingdom?"

So the original question is whether these men can remain homosexuals after that inheriting and going to heaven or attaining eternal life.

You seem to think that being a celibate homosexual is impossible, but there are celibate homosexuals.
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 15:271 edit
    1) Yes
    2) We'll still need hair stylists, party planners, modeling coaches, gymnasts, actors, etc. in heaven, right?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 15:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    You say - after dabling in drugs and the occult and whatever else - you took a look at various religious groups, shopped around a bit and finally chose the group and beliefs that you now profess. In your opinion, the brand of Christianity you settled for and now propagate is the right thing for you. I would not have settled for what you have settled for. But you are entitled to your opinion.
    the Bible is clear and explicit. Its not my opinion, you FAIL fatboy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree