Homosexuals in heaven?

Homosexuals in heaven?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
06 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You choose to pontificate against people and condemn them. So it certainly is about you. I am just trying to analyze whether you already sought to discriminate against homosexuality before you signed on for some kind of a religion. Some people condemn homosexuals without even being religious. Did the words in the book you now subscribe to match a pre-existing prejudice against homosexuals that you had? Or did the words turn you against them?
yawn again its not about me i did not author the Bible you pure zoob. The matter is Crystal clear, tell someone about your issues, someone that cares.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
The laws laid out in Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy are still in fashion for the Jews?
The Jews have adapted to the society in which they now live. However, there are some religious Jews in Israel that wish to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem again so they go back to all the laws listed in the Torah.

F

Moves
06 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yawn again its not about me i did not author the Bible you pure zoob.
You cannot explain what harm a person's homosexuality does to them or their partner, you can't show me how it involves deception or coercion, so you cannot explain how it is immoral in any practical way. Indeed you preach intolerance and discrimination, and don't want to take any personal responsibility for what you profess. Why should anyone find your 'I am just following orders' explanation impressive?

F

Moves
06 Aug 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
The Jews have adapted to the society in which they now live. However, there are some religious Jews in Israel that wish to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem again so they go back to all the laws listed in the Torah.
So, in other words, the Mosaic Law went out of fashion.

rc

Moves
06 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You cannot explain what harm a person's homosexuality does to them or their partner, you can't show me how it involves deception or coercion, so you cannot explain how it is immoral in any practical way. Indeed you preach intolerance and discrimination, and don't want to take any personal responsibility for what you profess. Why should anyone find our 'I am just following orders' explanation impressive?
I dont need to the matter is resolved and perfectly clear, these are non issues for Christians who uphold Gods word. No gays inherit Gods Kingdom , Bible is clear.

rc

Moves
06 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
Clearly you fail to understand the difference between an archetype and a fashion.

F

Moves
07 Aug 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Clearly you fail to understand the difference between an archetype and a fashion.
I understand sophistry when I see it. Mosaic Law applied. Later it didn't. The original model on which things were patterned went out of fashion and was replaced by a different model.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
You cannot explain what harm a person's homosexuality does to them or their partner, you can't show me how it involves deception or coercion, so you cannot explain how it is immoral in any practical way. Indeed you preach intolerance and discrimination, and don't want to take any personal responsibility for what you profess. Why should anyone find your 'I am just following orders' explanation impressive?
The most grevious of sins is blasphemy and it does not harm anyone.
Its still a sin.

F

Moves
07 Aug 12

Originally posted by Rajk999
Its still a sin.
I cannot see how blasphemy is immoral. I can see how you might look upon it as a "sin" and want to avoid it as a part of your personal code for living. But that does not make it an issue of morality in your dealings with other people in society.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
I cannot see how blasphemy is immoral. I can see how you might look upon it as a "sin" and want to avoid it as a part of your personal code for living. But that does not make it an issue of morality in your dealings with other people in society.
For the Christian, whatever the Bible considers sinful is automatically an immoral act.

For others its does not matter what the Bibles says so I cannot see what the issue is. Others can go ahead and do as they please.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
07 Aug 12

Its still a sin.
You talk as though sin is a bad thing! Sin is nothing more than what some human invented creator entity is defined to dislike ;]

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Aug 12

Originally posted by Agerg
You talk as though sin is a bad thing! Sin is nothing more than what some human invented creator entity is defined to dislike ;]
Thats fine. Sin is a bad thing for me. Its not a bad thing for you. I understand.

F

Moves
07 Aug 12

For the Christian, whatever the Bible considers sinful is automatically an immoral act.

For others its does not matter what the Bibles says so I cannot see what the issue is. Others can go ahead and do as they please.
Then use your word "sin" to describe things you dislike or things you believe you should not do or think. To include in your definition of "immoral acts" behaviour that has no victims and does no harm to others etc., devalues and obfuscates the meaning and application of the word "moral" and "morality". Perceiving and cautioning against what you see as "sin" is all well and good, but conflating it with "morality" can't work for society as a whole.

You say blasphemy is the most immoral act possible ["The most grevious of sins"]; if the morality of the society around you holds that murder and rape are 'more immoral' than blasphemy, do you think they are wrong? If you do, do you think there is anything sinful or immoral about their disagreement with you?

F

Moves
07 Aug 12

Thats fine. Sin is a bad thing for me. Its not a bad thing for you. I understand.
Then sin is a personal matter. The thing that governs the way we treat each other is morality. Conflating sin and morality doesn't work.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Yes, the Mosaic Law did go out of fashion. I was just trying to point out that it may not remain out of fashion with some Jews in the near future.

P.S. Some Muslims seem to like portions of the Mosaic Law, which is copied under their Sharia Law.