1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Aug '12 03:01
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Value is what is perceived. What is the value of a planet with no life on it at all, like we think Venus is like (there is some people who suggest life may exist way up in the atmosphere, but the surface, no way, something about a 1000 degree surface temperature, an atmosphere the pressure of a commercial nitrogen bottle but mainly sulfuric acid compounds, ...[text shortened]...
    Or Mars. How many dinosaurs gave a crap about Mars?

How many mastodons valued a coal seam?
    You are a funny guy. 😀
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Aug '12 15:462 edits
    No Particular Proof of a Gay Gene ?

"How Can We Help?"

(the last testimony I think is the best)

YouTube&feature=related
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    20 Aug '12 15:53
    Originally posted by jaywill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbSlkqsUW7Q&feature=related
    I had posted something like this in the passed. But we know they are still in denial.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Aug '12 15:54
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I had posted something like this in the passed. But we know they are still in denial.
    whose in denial ? Clarify please ?

YouTube&feature=related
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    20 Aug '12 15:581 edit
    whose in denial ? Clarify please ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbSlkqsUW7Q&feature=related
    The people on RHP. Athiest about the Homos.

---------------------------------------------------

I did like what SpeedyBruin had to type 🙄
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Aug '12 16:341 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    The people on RHP. Athiest about the Homos.

---------------------------------------------------

I did like what SpeedyBruin had to type 🙄
    Research seems to show in the case of men, growing up with no father figure in a house full of women can imprint feminine characteristics on the male boy.
    That doesn't mean they can pray away the gay or anything like that. Maybe they will revert but not all of them can.

That does not explain the 3 and 4 year old boys who start wearing dresses and later decide they are the wrong sex. Seems to me there has to be some kind of genetic anomaly going on there, maybe not a gay gene but like in Parkinsons, there are many genes involved in that, so it is probably the same with 3 yo cross dressers.

Some of those early crossdressers even grow out of it so when they are 3 most parents start to panic but the time to panic is years later if and when they DON'T grow out of it.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Aug '12 07:07

[b]"How Can We Help?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbSlkqsUW7Q&feature=related[/b]
    isn't it odd that something important has to be uploaded to youtube instead of a respected scientific site, or magazine?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Aug '12 14:02
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    isn't it odd that something important has to be uploaded to youtube instead of a respected scientific site, or magazine?
    That would be because even gay people don't know what is the root cause of homosexuality. Just because you happen to be gay does not make you an expert on the root cause.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Aug '12 19:44

[b]"How Can We Help?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbSlkqsUW7Q&feature=related[/b]
    Unconvinced. I and many people I know, despite a strong religious faith, were never able to get rid of homosexual desire. The testimony of those who claim to have done so must be taken with some scepticism. Probably they are lying because they have huge family and religious pressure to pretend that they are straight. You should also consider the obverse side, that there are many homosexuals who have tried reparative treatment, failed and suffered from depression and even committed suicide.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Aug '12 20:29
    That would be because even gay people don't know what is the root cause of homosexuality.
    My understanding is that it has to do with the brain specifically how the brain develops very early on in the womb. Normal (as in not gay) male and female brains differentiate in the womb and are distinctively male or female by birth. Although there is considerable range (with some characteristics overlapping between the sexes).
    These brain differences are caused by various hormones present during early brain development. Different levels of hormones result in more 'male' or 'female' characteristics.
    There are presumably balances of hormones that result in gay characteristics (to varying degrees). But deciding whether you are gay or not takes place in the womb.
    Where the hormones come from may be a result of genetics of the mother, the child or a result of the environment, or a combination of all three.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Aug '12 14:372 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    My understanding is that it has to do with the brain specifically how the brain develops very early on in the womb. Normal (as in not gay) male and female brains differentiate in the womb and are distinctively male or female by birth. Although there is considerable range (with some characteristics overlapping between the sexes).
    These brain differences a tics of the mother, the child or a result of the environment, or a combination of all three.
    I think environment can have a big effect regardless of hormone levels, if you are male for instance, and raised with an all female family it would be no huge surprise for the guy to think the way women do and become gay later because of his upbringing with several sisters, say, no dad around, broken home, only mom and 3 sisters.

That is definitely a factor. And the other way round for a girl. Raised in an all male family, no mom around, which is of course not a one way street to being gay but it increases the likelyhood of someone who would otherwise be on the fence to tip over into gay land.

The bottom line, so to speak🙂 is to celebrate diversity. Of course in religious societies like the repressive right wing set in America or the Sharia laws in some Islam countries, diversity is the last thing on any of those people's minds. So-called minds.

I suppose he is talking about the wide end of the tunnel meaning you are still alive and are free to partake later if you wish while those on the short end also have short but fun lives....
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Aug '12 19:31
    I think environment can have a big effect regardless of hormone levels, if you are male for instance, and raised with an all female family it would be no huge surprise for the guy to think the way women do and become gay later because of his upbringing with several sisters, say, no dad around, broken home, only mom and 3 sisters.
    I disagree. I think being gay or not is something to do with the structure of the brain and is decided before birth. It is almost certainly nothing to do with social interactions.
    I am also not convinced that gay men 'think the way women do'. I think some gay men try to act like women, but I don't think all gay men do. But then I must admit not personally ever having talked to a gay person male or female about what its like to be gay.

I can say that studies on male and female brains have been done and most of the characteristics are decided before birth and male brains are generally quite different from female brains (with as I said before, some overlap in some areas).
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Aug '12 19:592 edits

That is definitely a fac ree to partake later if you wish while those on the short end also have short but fun lives....

Not disregarding the importance environmental factors may have, I think this theory is not robust. The fact is that many gay men do not come from broken homes or were raised in exclusively or predominantly feminine households. Other studies have shown a strong correlation between number of elder male siblings and an increased probability of homosexual orientation in later male children. So clearly your suggestion is not going to work with that.

The main problem I have is that you essentially equate male homosexuality with 'how women think', a notion not grounded in biology but in your own culture's attitude to homosexuality. While homosexual men and heterosexual women share a sexual interest in the same gender (only to some extent, since sexual attraction is more than just gender), gay men do not necessarily think like heterosexual women. While gay may be effeminate, stereotypes should be taken uncritically as biological facts.

Another cautionary point to consider, not all sexual desires are the same. Men and women may find different kinds of people attractive. To some extent, hormones may play a role (it has been suggested that heterosexual women in different stages of their menstrual cycle or taking the pill are attracted to different types of men). But clearly environment, upbringing and broader cultural pressures influence what people find attractive. Individual sexual impulses may have multiple causes and we shouldn't try to pin down any single one.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Aug '12 20:432 edits
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Other studies have shown a strong correlation between number of elder male siblings and an increased probability of homosexual orientation in later male children. So clearly your suggestion is not going to work with that.
    I read about that somewhere and they found it held true whether or not the gay child lived with the older brothers. This strongly suggests it is a hormone effect in the womb.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Aug '12 21:25
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I read about that somewhere and they found it held true whether or not the gay child lived with the older brothers. This strongly suggests it is a hormone effect in the womb.
    I think this may be true in some cases. For some, surgery to have a sex change seems very helpful to them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree