1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Aug '12 00:49
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I think this may be true in some cases. For some, surgery to have a sex change seems very helpful to them.
    Sexual orientation and gender identity are different.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Aug '12 00:50
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I read about that somewhere and they found it held true whether or not the gay child lived with the older brothers. This strongly suggests it is a hormone effect in the womb.
    Yes but obviously it does not account for all cases of homosexual children and it is vitiated by the occurrence of families where the eldest is gay but the youngest are not.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Aug '12 06:56
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Yes but obviously it does not account for all cases of homosexual children and it is vitiated by the occurrence of families where the eldest is gay but the youngest are not.
    All it shows is that something is happening in the womb (one suggestion is that it is an immune reaction to maleness). Obviously in some women these conditions may occur with the first child. This could be to do with genetics or the environment at the time etc. It could also be that there are a number of totally different factors that cause homosexuality. But I still think that it is most likely, in most cases, determined before birth.

Its worth reading through Wikipedia on the subject:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexual_orientation

A lot of different theories, but it is clear that brain structure is an important factor and that is determined very early on.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '12 19:38
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    first of all there is the aspect of cleanliness, oral sex is unclean.
    I've just come across this latest pearl from the JW string of alternate wisdom.

So, how do you come to this conclusion? Is this a JW postion or a robbie carrobie opinion?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '12 23:54
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I've just come across this latest pearl from the JW string of alternate wisdom.

So, how do you come to this conclusion? Is this a JW postion or a robbie carrobie opinion?
    Having inadvertently revealed - in a fit of characteristic tinpottery - that he thinks his spouse's genitals are dirty, I think robbie may keep lying low for the time being.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 02:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    Having inadvertently revealed - in a fit of characteristic tinpottery - that he thinks his spouse's genitals are dirty, I think robbie may keep lying low for the time being.
    Not that low though...
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 22:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, you don't know for sure, maybe he's telling the truth.....
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 22:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    tinpottery
    I tried to look this up, both as tinpottery and tin pottery - no luck. What does it mean?
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 23:50
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I tried to look this up, both as tinpottery and tin pottery - no luck. What does it mean?
    I found this: 'tin glazed pottery'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin-glazed_pottery
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 23:54
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    As in 'tinpot dictator'. I made it up.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 22:30
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    1. Can homosexuals make it to heaven?
    2. What happens to them in heaven ... do they become heterosexual?
    Nope, no homos in heaven. You think God wants a bunch of guys in heaven all busy butt humpin' each other?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 23:55
    Originally posted by CLL53
    Nope, no homos in heaven. You think God wants a bunch of guys in heaven all busy butt humpin' each other?
    Nice choice of words. 😀
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 00:20
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Nice choice of words. 😀
    So it runs in the family doses it?
  14. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 01:30
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So it runs in the family doses it?
    what they should be asking is "will there be heterosexuals in heaven?"

the answer according to the new testament is, no. not in the christian father god's heaven.

maybe in the old biblegod's heaven there would be, but old biblegod didn't have a heaven.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 03:463 edits
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    what they should be asking is "will there be heterosexuals in heaven?"

the answer according to the new testament is, no. not in the christian father god's heaven.

maybe in the old biblegod's heaven there would be, but old biblegod didn't have a heaven.
    I dont know ,man, I generally agree with your take, but it seems our pal RJ has succumbed to the illiteration temptation to the "b" letter in this instance...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree