1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 02:41
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [bTherefore atheism must be some kind of 'faith' commitment. This is different from stamp collecting because we can 'prove' that stamp collecting exists." Martin

..... makes sense to me.[/b]
    The analogy is between "stamp-collecting" and "believers in a deity/ies".

We know (and can prove) both exist.

We also know that both those sets S have a complementary set S'
    and that is the point that you cannot comprehend
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 03:07
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I severely doubt that.

And I expect you to prove me right very soon by getting it wrong yet again.
    Question: Are you gradually gaining an understanding of the content and inner workings of a theist's mind?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 03:09
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    The analogy is between "stamp-collecting" and "believers in a deity/ies".

We know (and can prove) both exist.

We also know that both those sets S have a complementary set S'
    [b]and that is the point that you cannot comprehend
    [/b]
    "We know (and can prove) both exist." -wolfgang59

Please feel free to do so whenever you have the time.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 03:16
    "We know (and can prove) both exist." -wolfgang59

Please feel free to do so whenever you have the time.
    You want proof that stamp-collectors exist?
    Or proof that theists exist?

Even you are not that stupid but without anything meaningful to say
    you just type the first thing that comes into your pea-brained head.
    Or go google-cut-paste-post unaccredited work. Pathetic.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 03:33
    [b]"Sphexism, Physicalism, Syntactical Engines and Semantic Engines, Not to Mention Cognitive Zombies" Wednesday, January 1, 2014 [Blog site header to the original post...] "An interesting article over at Feser's place, with a different approach from the Chinese Room argument, and yet much the same. This time it is the robotic actions of the Sphex w ...[text shortened]... alized atheists think? If so, what would this forum be like if he was an RHP Member Contributor?[/b]
    "Atheist Revolution and the "Atheist Manifesto" Tuesday, August 16, 2011 "This review of “The Atheist Manifesto” by Joseph Lewis is presented by blogger Atheist Revolution [unnamed] who thinks that the quotes he has chosen are inspiring:

Atheist Revolution: ”Remember, this was written in 1954 long before anybody was talking about "new atheism." And yet, Lewis was not afraid to call the abolition of religion. I cannot remember the last time I actually caught myself exclaiming "hell yeah" while reading a book, but Lewis' manifesto did indeed have that effect. ”I'll end with my favorite sentence in the book, one with which I wholeheartedly agree” (see the last quote from Lewis, below)."

Joseph Lewis: ”Do you know that the religionists opposed the use of anesthesia on the ground that God sent pain as a punishment for sin, and it was considered the greatest of sacrileges to use it—just think of it, a sin to relieve man of his misery! What a monstrous perversion!” A charge made against “religionists” as if it were a belief of all religions. A charge without specificity, made as a blanket condemnation."

Lewis: "It is because of the Biblical curse on man's search for knowledge, which has so paralyzed his mind during the past ages, and its detrimental effect upon progress, that makes the Bible the most wicked, the most detestable, the most pernicious, and the most obnoxious book ever published. It has been a curse to the human race.” The Bible enjoins Christians to seek only the Truth, and to question all premises that are made, in order not to be fooled by human lies and “philosophy” over the facts of what happened. (If philosophy were “fact”, it would be science, not philosophy)."

Lewis: ”As long as man loves a phantom in the sky more than he loves his fellow man, there will never be peace upon this earth; so long as man worships a Tyrant as the "Fatherhood of God," there will never be a "Brotherhood of Man.”

"Exactly so, except that the qualifier is not necessary. It should read, “There will never be a ‘Brotherhood of Man’”. Brotherhood of Man is capitalized properly because it is a godless religion, based on irrational and unprovable tenets as well as distortions which are demonstrated in the hate rant presented here. The abolition of all religion in order to establish this universal godless religion is the objective. As Atheist Revolution says, “hell yeah”. Tolerance? None visible here."

Posted by Stan http://atheism-analyzed.blogspot.com/2011/08/atheist-revolution-and-atheist.html
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 03:45
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    You want proof that stamp-collectors exist?
    Or proof that theists exist?

Even you are not that stupid but without anything meaningful to say
    you just type the first thing that comes into your pea-brained head.
    Or go google-cut-paste-post unaccredited work. Pathetic.
    Let's resume our conversation when the tone calms down. At least "Even you are not that stupid but without anything meaningful to say you just type the first thing that comes into your pea-brained head. Or go google-cut-paste-post unaccredited work. Pathetic." is a change of pace from yesterday's "wolfgang59: You have previously stated that you wanted to learn about atheism. Now you proceed with definitions. You are an outright liar, con-man, troll and waste of oxygen."
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 04:33
    Let's resume our conversation when the tone calms down. At least "Even you are not that stupid but without anything meaningful to say you just type the first thing that comes into your pea-brained head. Or go google-cut-paste-post unaccredited work. Pathetic." is a change of pace from yesterday's "wolfgang59: You have previously stated that you wanted t ...[text shortened]... Now you proceed with definitions. You are an outright liar, con-man, troll and waste of oxygen."
    As you sow so shall you reap, Bobby.

You haven't lost your talent for bringing out the worst in people.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 04:40
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    As you sow so shall you reap, Bobby.

You haven't lost your talent for bringing out the worst in people.
    Thanks for stopping by, HandyAndy.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 12:191 edit
    Statement of position: I am an agnostic dyslexic insomniac: I lie awake nights wondering whether there is a dog.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 13:21
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Statement of position: I am an agnostic dyslexic insomniac: I lie awake nights wondering whether there is a dog.
    Any idea of what Tartakower's position would be?
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 14:14
    Any idea of what Tartakower's position would be?
    Dodgy, but interesting.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 14:40
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Christians believe that there is a God, we can't prove it but we act on 'faith' that it is true.

Yay... you got something right... about your own side.

Atheists believe that there is no god, they can't prove it, but they act on 'faith' that it is true.

"Atheists believe that there is no god, ..."

WRONG. In ...[text shortened]... [/quote]

Then you have really not thought about this very hard. Or are incapable of doing so.
    Christian faith seems to be different than your blind faith. Here is the way the Holy Bible defines FAITH:

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

(Hebrews 11:1 KJV)
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 14:57
    Thanks for stopping by, HandyAndy.
    I just happened to be in the neighborhood when I overheard you making a fool of yourself.

Again. 😴
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 15:011 edit
    no comment actually
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 16:43
    Originally posted by sonship
    no comment actually
    My thoughts exactly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree