Peace at last.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 21:01
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Dodgy, but interesting.
    Wonder if he, too, was "an agnostic dyslexic insomniac" preoccupied with a concern that mistakes were waiting to be made.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 21:06
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Peace at last.
    Peace of mind is the result of correct decisions from a position of strength, not external circumstances.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 21:33
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Wonder if he, too, was "an agnostic dyslexic insomniac" preoccupied with a concern that mistakes were waiting to be made.
    A world without mistakes would be dead boring to live in. Just imagine how dreary this forum would be if everyone here were right all the time!
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 21:50
    A world without mistakes would be dead boring to live in. Just imagine how dreary this forum would be if everyone here were right all the time!
    Would you estimate that theists and atheists active on this forum are each right and wrong roughly 50% of the time each?
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 23:16
    Peace of mind is the result of correct decisions from a position of strength, not external circumstances.
    Which decisions are the correct ones?
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 23:41
    One time I got that on a fortune cookie.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Feb '14 01:13
    Objectively focused and unemotional.... with the realization that some decisions have irreversible consequences.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Feb '14 01:15
    Originally posted by JS357
    One time I got that on a fortune cookie.
    Apparently it stuck within your frontal lobes and has, hopefully, continued to inform your viewpoints and decisions.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    08 Feb '14 01:20
    Objectively focused and unemotional.... with the realization that some decisions have irreversible consequences.
    No, Bobby. What makes them "correct"? Your definition could apply to a hired killer.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Feb '14 01:25
    No, Bobby. What makes them "correct"? Your definition could apply to a hired killer.

i]Originally posted by Grampy Bobby[/i]

... "which" or "what"?

Unless you're one of a group of "hired killers" the example is meaningless with respect to your personalized question.
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    08 Feb '14 03:28
    Unless you're one of a group of "hired killers" the example is meaningless with respect to your personalized question.
    Let it go, Bobby. It isn't worth the effort. Go back to your platitudes.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Feb '14 03:42
    Let it go, Bobby. It isn't worth the effort. Go back to your platitudes.
    No need to let go of your question; you wouldn't have asked it in the first place if it wasn't important. Please restate it.
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    08 Feb '14 08:09
    Would you estimate that theists and atheists active on this forum are each right and wrong roughly 50% of the time each?
    Rather than try to estimate who is right or wrong (which, if I am not mistaken, would come perilously close to the sin of presumption), I should like to shift the ground of the discussion by asking you a question. It is honestly meant--not a trick to lure you into possibly contradicting yourself.

Do you believe that it will be your beliefs which will be tested on judgment day (I assume that that is a given for you)? Specifically, the truth or falsity, rightness or wrongness, of your beliefs?
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Feb '14 08:392 edits
    Rather than try to estimate who is right or wrong (which, if I am not mistaken, would come perilously close to the sin of presumption), I should like to shift the ground of the discussion by asking you a question. It is honestly meant--not a trick to lure you into possibly contradicting yourself.

Do you believe that it will be your [b]beliefs
    which wi ...[text shortened]... s a given for you)? Specifically, the truth or falsity, rightness or wrongness, of your beliefs?[/b]
    If by "judgment day" you refer to the Great White Throne Judgment of those who have declined/rejected God's Grace Gift of Eternal Life by faith alone in Christ alone and a personal relationship in time and eternity, yours truly won't be there.

Thread 157295

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree