1. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '14 11:01
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Creationism is based on the word of God, so I there is far less guessing than with evolution.
    The entire god hypothesis is nothing but a guess, resting on the assumption that invisible friends exist that can think entire universes into existence.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Nov '14 11:21
    Originally posted by C Hess
    The entire god hypothesis is nothing but a guess, resting on the assumption that invisible friends exist that can think entire universes into existence.
    I don't think even the writers believed in that BS. I think they knew exactly what they were doing, they had to come up with a creation myth and just plagiarized the Egyptian 6 day myth well known at the time.
  3. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '14 12:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I don't think even the writers believed in that BS. I think they knew exactly what they were doing, they had to come up with a creation myth and just plagiarized the Egyptian 6 day myth well known at the time.
    I'm far from well adversed in these matters, but as I understand it, the jewish story traditions are more about food for thought and spiritual development than literal historicity. I wouldn't be surprised if I were told that this is how these stories began among the hebrews, they used known stories from egypt for this purpose. Then some moron began to believe these stories were literal accounts of historical events about their own people, and it just went downhill from there.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that that was what happened.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Nov '14 15:23
    Originally posted by C Hess
    I'm far from well adversed in these matters, but as I understand it, the jewish story traditions are more about food for thought and spiritual development than literal historicity. I wouldn't be surprised if I were told that this is how these stories began among the hebrews, they used known stories from egypt for this purpose. Then some moron began to believe ...[text shortened]... st went downhill from there.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that that was what happened.
    This is what Moses would have grown up with:

http://www.geocreationism.com/history/creation-myth-egyptian.html

A little cut and paste and Viola! Instant Jewish 6 day creation.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Nov '14 20:24
    This is what Moses would have grown up with:

http://www.geocreationism.com/history/creation-myth-egyptian.html

A little cut and paste and Viola! Instant Jewish 6 day creation.
    This does not mean the Egyptians came up with that first. The Hebrews had been there for several hundred years before Moses. Don't forget that at one time Joseph was in charge of all the land and subject only to the Pharaoh of that time.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 14:08
    This does not mean the Egyptians came up with that first. The Hebrews had been there for several hundred years before Moses. Don't forget that at one time Joseph was in charge of all the land and subject only to the Pharaoh of that time.
    You ignore the fact, JACK, that the Egyptian 6 day myth is LITERALLY thousands of years older than Judaism.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 18:28
    You ignore the fact, JACK, that the Egyptian 6 day myth is LITERALLY thousands of years older than Judaism.
    You ignore the fact that the creation was before Egypt existed. 😏
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 19:021 edit
    You ignore the fact that the creation was before Egypt existed. 😏
    Indeed, about 14 BILLION years older. Good boy, we finally agree on something.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 02:32
    Indeed, about 14 BILLION years older. Good boy, we finally agree on something.
    Nothing even close to that figure, since the earth has only existed for about 6,000 years.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 17:42
    Nothing even close to that figure, since the earth has only existed for about 6,000 years.
    Sure, and the moon got cooled down by miles of water.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 23:43
    Sure, and the moon got cooled down by miles of water.
    Why not? 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree