How can YEC's ignore ALL the data of old Earth?

How can YEC's ignore ALL the data of old Earth?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Oct 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Bill Nye is apparently ignorant of the 1980 Mount St. Helens eruption and the subsequent forming of the little grand canyon.

http://creationevangelismtools.org/resources/articles/mount-st-helens-and-the-global-flood/

Little Grand Canyon Formed in 1980

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IENCRTMp8vc
You do know the difference between magma layers and ocean floor sediment, right? Just because Mt. Ste. Helens made a 25 foot deep 'grand' canyon in no way refutes the multi million year history of the grand canyon. AND what is UNDERNEATH the grand canyon. There are layers MILES deep BENEATH the GC that your stupid flood theory can't account for. You lose yet again, in your self lobotomized autoignorance stance.
"If I don't study a topic that doesn't agree with MAN'S estimate of the age of the Earth from reading the bible, then I can deny deny deny with out creating the slightest mental ripple in my self addled brain"

Moves
10 Oct 14

Originally posted by josephw
What is "self-contradictory"?
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/self-contradiction

😕

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Oct 14

Originally posted by C Hess
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/self-contradiction

😕
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I'm not asking for a definition. I want to know what you mean is self-contradictory about the post you replied to.

Or you can just keep obfuscating.

Moves
10 Oct 14

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I'm not asking for a definition. I want to know what you mean [b]is self-contradictory about the post you replied to.

Or you can just keep obfuscating.[/b]
I thought it would be obvious since I only left those two words in the quote box. Scientific wizardry makes about as much sense as altruistic capitalism. One defeats the other, so it's either scientific or magical; can't be both.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Oct 14

I thought it would be obvious since I only left those two words in the quote box. Scientific wizardry makes about as much sense as altruistic capitalism. One defeats the other, so it's either scientific or magical; can't be both.
That's one of my problems. If it's obvious I usually miss it.

In the abstract, "scientific wizardry" makes perfect sense. Just as with the Bible, when someone wants it to mean something other than what it truly means, all one needs to do is juxtapose the various statements and phrases with an idea that isn't supported by the actual facts.

The same goes with anything. If one wants one thing to mean something else all they have to do is massage the words into something palatable to ignorant ears and minds too willing to follow, and too lazy to think for themselves.

It is indeed scientific wizardry to use science to support a theory that can't be proven, while cramming the concept of evolution down our throats. It's all bunk. Mountains of research compiling billions of pages and not a shred of real evidence.

While a book with only a few hundred thousand words explains it all with perfect clarity.

It's as if believing in God was going to spoil the funeral. Believe in evolution and die. What a great discovery science has found. No God. Just death.

Scientific wizardry.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Oct 14

That's one of my problems. If it's obvious I usually miss it.

In the abstract, "scientific wizardry" makes perfect sense. Just as with the Bible, when someone wants it to mean something other than what it truly means, all one needs to do is juxtapose the various statements and phrases with an idea that isn't supported by the actual facts.

The same goe ...[text shortened]... n and die. What a great discovery science has found. No God. Just death.

Scientific wizardry.
It's always a matter of IF god did it, and so forth. IF god didn't do it, you are in deep doo doo. I think a religious argument can be made for a god rolling the dice that started our universe, science can't counter that. But the idea that some god would be so perverse as to make a 6000 year old universe LOOK 14 billion years old is just human pandering. That would be like us making a one mile high jar of dirt and predigging little tunnels in it and letting ants fill them up. It would make no sense, a god trying to trip up humans? What for? For one thing, the tripping up part just happened within the last 100 years or so meaning for the entire existence of humans, 99% of the time there was no tripping anyone since they didn't know squat about the universe in the first place. So the tripping up part was meant for US in this century or century 20 and any other life form in any number of galaxies that may have been below our present development and then coming into our level of technology. It would be for them and ONLY for them the screw with the mind thing was meant.

All that says is YEC's put humans on such a high platform as to actually be in the sights of some god. Where the actuality is more like we are being ignored and the same with all the other life forms in the universe.

On the scale of the universe we are about the level of microbes and a god would not have much interest in humans. A god would be playing with its universe design kit, seeing what pops up but not setting things up so WOW, humans were DESIGNED to be here.

I think that is the ultimate arrogance of the human race to think a god would give a rats asss about humans.

It would be more likely to be more interested in bacteria since they make a world livable.

Moves
10 Oct 14
1 edit

It is indeed scientific wizardry to use science to support a theory that can't be proven, while cramming the concept of evolution down our throats. It's all bunk. Mountains of research compiling billions of pages and not a shred of real evidence.
Crap! My brain just exploded. Damn you. 😠

And it'll take all night putting it back together too. 😞

You must have the highest degree in willfull ignorance.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Oct 14

Well something or someone pulled everything in our universe of the nothing hat.
Kelly

Moves
11 Oct 14
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
Well something or someone pulled everything in our universe of the nothing hat.
Kelly
Have you considered the possibility of everything needed to create matter always being there, eternal but oh so simple in nature, and that the big bang was a spontaneous event, the likes of which happens every now and then due to the properties of this eternal non-matter? Seems far more plausible to me than an eternal intelligence; no magic hat required.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Oct 14

Have you considered the possibility of everything needed to create matter always being there, eternal but oh so simple in nature, and that the big bang was a spontaneous event, the likes of which happens every now and then due to the properties of this eternal non-matter? Seems far more plausible to me than an eternal intelligence; no magic hat required.
No, because if everything was here, then everything was here so the
question wasn't answered now was it?
Kelly

Moves
11 Oct 14

Originally posted by KellyJay
No, because if everything was here, then everything was here so the
question wasn't answered now was it?
Kelly
It was too!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Oct 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
You do know the difference between magma layers and ocean floor sediment, right? Just because Mt. Ste. Helens made a 25 foot deep 'grand' canyon in no way refutes the multi million year history of the grand canyon. AND what is UNDERNEATH the grand canyon. There are layers MILES deep BENEATH the GC that your stupid flood theory can't account for. You lose ye ...[text shortened]... then I can deny deny deny with out creating the slightest mental ripple in my self addled brain"
You and your stupid evolutionists don't know what is UNDERNEATH the grand canyon.

Moves
11 Oct 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
You and your stupid evolutionists don't know what is UNDERNEATH the grand canyon.
More rock?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
11 Oct 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
It's always a matter of IF god did it, and so forth. IF god didn't do it, you are in deep doo doo. I think a religious argument can be made for a god rolling the dice that started our universe, science can't counter that. But the idea that some god would be so perverse as to make a 6000 year old universe LOOK 14 billion years old is just human pandering. Th ...[text shortened]... s.

It would be more likely to be more interested in bacteria since they make a world livable.
"But the idea that some god would be so perverse as to make a 6000 year old universe LOOK 14 billion years old is just human pandering."

But how do you know the universe looks 14 billion years old? Because science says so?

Just hold on a second, don't go blowing a gasket like C Hess did!

What difference does it make whether the universe is 6 thousand years old or 14 billion years old? How old is science? How old is our knowledge of anything? The universe may as well have been in existence forever for all it matters.

But I hold this one thing to be true. God created the universe and everything in it. I only know that it was "In the beginning", whenever that was. It doesn't matter.

What matters is that God created it. If God didn't create it, then we live in vain because nothing we do today will matter a billion years from now. If there is no God who has eternal life to give upon the asking, and I die to live no more, then that is the most depressing thing imaginable.

I believe in and have a sure hope of the unimaginable. It's unimaginable because the idea of eternal life could not have been imagined by man if he were merely a product of evolution. Eternal life comes from the mind of God who is the author and creator of all things!

How one can ascribe to evolution the development of the concept of a creator God is beyond imagination. Silly it is to say that man invented God as a means of explaining the unknown by reason of ignorance. It is the ignorance of the knowledge of God that causes man to produce ideas contrary to the truth about the origin of the universe.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
11 Oct 14

More rock?
So, do you think that man's imagination is limited?