1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Aug '10 16:52
    Creationists on his forum often try to find holes in evolutionary theory (KellyJays thread on the human eye being the latest), and i have read numerous times how evolution is made up, lies, religious dogma etc etc.

If life on this planet didn't evolve as evolutionary theory would have us believe, simply, how did God do it then? I've read countless postings on how life didn't come into existence, but never any actual postings on how it did, other than 'God did it'.

So my questions -

Obviously i know the Biblical account of how human life allegedly came into existence, but how do creationists explain the gradual changes evident in the fossil record that seem to show evolution?

How come we (mankind) have catalogued 250,000 distinct different extinct species from the fossil record? Are we suppossing God incorrectly made them and then killed them off?

If evolutionary theory is false as is claimed, then what is taught on evolutionary biology courses at University level and above throughout the world?
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    24 Aug '10 19:481 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Creationists on his forum often try to find holes in evolutionary theory (KellyJays thread on the human eye being the latest), and i have read numerous times how evolution is made up, lies, religious dogma etc etc.

If life on this planet didn't evolve as evolutionary theory would have us believe, simply, how did God do it then? I' taught on evolutionary biology courses at University level and above throughout the world?
    God made creation, including us by His Voice and Will, there's nothing in the fossil record that shows anything of the sort people are still searching for the "missing link" and have said the changes have happened later and later (example 1 billion years instead of 1 million), because the fossil records prove that there were no changes, also supposed skulls of "evolution" sitting next to each other to "prove" evolution were discovered to be part human, part animal, ok what does extinct species have to do with anything?, No God didn't incorrectly make anything, God can decide when He wants something to be extinct or not if He wants to
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Aug '10 22:061 edit
    Originally posted by daniel58
    God made creation, including us by His Voice and Will, there's nothing in the fossil record that shows anything of the sort people are still searching for the "missing link" and have said the changes have happened later and later (example 1 billion years instead of 1 million), because the fossil records prove that there were no changes, also supposed skulls ake anything, God can decide when He wants something to be extinct or not if He wants to
    You choose to use "fossil records" in your argument but ignore
    them when used by others!!!!!!

And why talk about the "missing link"? This is a total red herring;
    the further back we go the further back the "missing link"

Ultimately we are related to mushrooms!!

😛
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 00:31
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    You choose to use "fossil records" in your argument but ignore
    them when used by others!!!!!!

And why talk about the "missing link"? This is a total red herring;

Ultimately we are related to mushrooms!!

😛
    I didn't ignore them when used by others, what you said doesn't even make any sense "And why talk about the "missing link"? This is a total red herring;

what? that's my point there is none, we are not related to mushrooms!
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 00:49

If life on this planet didn't evolve as evolutionary theory would have us believe, simply, how did God do it then? I' ...[text shortened]... taught on evolutionary biology courses at University level and above throughout the world?
    I believe life changes, I just disagree with the starting point.
    Kelly
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 03:451 edit
    Originally posted by daniel58
    God made creation, including us by His Voice and Will, there's nothing in the fossil record that shows anything of the sort people are still searching for the "missing link" and have said the changes have happened later and later (example 1 billion years instead of 1 million), because the fossil records prove that there were no changes, also supposed skulls ake anything, God can decide when He wants something to be extinct or not if He wants to
    You don't believe in anything you don't want to believe in. You wouldn't accept a 'missing link' even if there is one right in front of your very eyes. Because you are scared to face facts.

You don't know much about evolution. You don't want to learn anything about evolution. Because you are scared of the facts the will be presented to you. Because you are scared to face facts.

How do you define "missing link"? Why is this "missing link" so important for creationists? Why just not accept the facts? Are they so scared?
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 03:46
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I believe life changes, I just disagree with the starting point.
    Kelly
    Evolution doesn't say anything about a "starting point". Learn about evolution. Learn!
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 03:58
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Evolution doesn't say anything about a "starting point". Learn about evolution. Learn!
    That's true: it's a theory that springs forth without antecedent, precedent, support or development. Truly, a miracle.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 04:14

If life on this planet didn't evolve as evolutionary theory would have us believe, simply, how did God do it then? I' ...[text shortened]... taught on evolutionary biology courses at University level and above throughout the world?
    I'll try to comment on your other questions tomorrow. But I don't think any human can answer how he did it and even if one of us happened to be there to watch somehow, it would be so far from what we could possible understand it probaly would do no good. I know that many of us would love to have answers to things like that as well as many other things from our past and how God has done many things. Who wouldn't?
    I personally have thousands of questions that I know I will never get answers to but I know the Bible speaks of "new scrolls" being opened in the future. Maybe some of the questions that we all have will be answered then.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 04:381 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    That's true: it's a theory that springs forth without antecedent, precedent, support or development. Truly, a miracle.
    A 'miracle' that doesn't rely on anything supernatural.
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 05:27
    I'm not sure on this 100% but the argument for creationist is not so much on this so called missing link. The real dispute should be the transitional species in the fossil record or from what I understand is the lack there of. Example: Where is the swimming animal that then sprouted little buds that eventually became legs which then came out of the sea and walked about the land then started to develop wings and fly? Now I have not studied on this subject too much but from what I understand this is the biggest problem evolutionist have to contend with. The lack of evidence in the fossil record. These transitional species should be there if they exist right?

Manny
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 05:42
    "Missing link" and "transitional species" are examples of thought terminating cliches.

Please tell me you don't think evolutionary theory claims one day a fish walked on to land, sprouted wings and started flying. The same organism that has leg buds does not have wings.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 06:13
    Originally posted by menace71
    Now I have not studied on this subject too much but from what I understand this is the biggest problem evolutionist have to contend with.
    Well you are mistaken, which is perfectly understandable considering that you have not studied the subject too much. A lack of transitional species has never been a problem for evolutionists to contend with.
    We do often find it interesting to look for 'transitional species' ie species that show characteristics that indicate it is related to two different known groups. We also like to find species that help elaborate how certain things happened eg the development of land animals, the development of flight in birds, bats , the development of sea mammals etc. But at no point is failing to find one of these interesting species a problem for evolutionists.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 06:18
    Example: Where is the swimming animal that then sprouted little buds that eventually became legs which then came out of the sea and walked about the land then started to develop wings and fly?
    I don't know if we have found fossils of any species that fit your description (excluding the flying bit) and were our ancestors, but I do know that there are mud-skippers in the aquarium here in Cape Town that demonstrate one possible way in which it happened.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 07:43
    I'm not sure on this 100% but the argument for creationist is not so much on this so called missing link. The real dispute should be the transitional species in the fossil record or from what I understand is the lack there of. Example: Where is the swimming animal that then sprouted little buds that eventually became legs which then came out of the sea and ...[text shortened]... in the fossil record. These transitional species should be there if they exist right?

Manny
    Correct Manny. And not just those type of transitional fossils but there should be millions of them because of the amount of time it would have taken for a transition to happen. But they just dont exist....
    Each fossil they find is a complete species that shows no signs of it being in some transitional stage. Where is at least one fossil that shows some early human that still has a tail or the whale that started out as a fish, then went to land with legs and then went back to the seas with fins? They don't exist....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree