1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 14:511 edit
    Originally posted by yo its me
    Perhaps you project your own ideas of what is 'godlike' on God, maybe you've decided that change isn't something God would do? Is this what you mean by incomplete? Or is it that you knowlage of Him is incomplete?
    You said his/her charade is incomplete. I agree that would cause me to except his/her claims to divinity. If the charade, OTOH, is complete, and not a charade, I might accept the claims.

All I'm really doing here is noting how a particular spelling error on your part communicates the exact opposite of your intent.

I am guilty of projecting my assumption that when you take the time to write, you intend to communicate your thoughts. It seems that I am mistaken.
  2. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 21:37
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    You said his/her charade is incomplete. I agree that would cause me to except his/her claims to divinity. If the charade, OTOH, is complete, and not a charade, I might accept the claims.

All I'm really doing here is noting how a particular spelling error on your part communicates the exact opposite of your intent.

I am guilty of projecting my assumptio ...[text shortened]... u take the time to write, you intend to communicate your thoughts. It seems that I am mistaken.
    Perhaps because all we have here are written words and I'm no writter, the conversation we're having has gone off on a strange tangent where you've missunderstood either for your own amusment or because you and I use the English language very differently? I don't know which. I didn't say either that God is putting up a charade or that His charictor was incomplete. I won't repeat myself, it's pointless.

Kind regards,
    Cool beans and all that,
    Yim.
  3. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 21:52
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [b]How do you imagine God?
    I think of some old geezer with a big moustache sitting in his palace in the clouds surrounded by a harem of angelic minions.
    He spends most of his time looking down on his favourite planet [earth], and loving every little prayer his favourite species [humans] say to either him or some other god humans dreampt up as he looks an ...[text shortened]... l it is far to big a task for him to undertake alone!

He sounds like a real geezer! 😉[/b]
    The Irish do have the best acent I've ever heard.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree