How do you imiagine God?

How do you imiagine God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
16 Aug 09

Originally posted by cashthetrash
Stop trying to correct my grammar. I've started my own religion and in my religion, God is spelled with a capital "G" every time, unless I change my mind. Which I probably will.

It might interest you that in my religion, we don't start wars and kill people for sport or property and profit. We don't discriminate against other religions. Even though w ...[text shortened]... eader. Of course I will always keep most of my powers.

Ps...mods are the devil. 😉
Whoah!Ok! Does your religon have a name?
I am most interested🙂
(Mine doesn't)

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
16 Aug 09

Originally posted by Rene Pogel
Sadly I cannot imagine God, yet I firmly believe that God exists.
I have often spoken to people who say that he has spoken to them and if that happened to me it would allow me to at least try to imagine God. .... in the same way that when certain people walk into a room one can get an impression of their charisma (sometimes even before they have spoken). ...[text shortened]... mage of him - as per the question raised by Yo.
Anyone have any ideas or experiences on this ?
Thank you for posting this question Rene. I hope we get to read an answer.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
16 Aug 09

into existence

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
16 Aug 09

Originally posted by Wulebgr
into existence
Please, elaborate....

c

Moves
17 Aug 09

I imagine god to be a fictitious mythical monster much in line with his depiction in the old testament - that well known piece of mindless jewish tribal propaganda

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
17 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by clearlight
I imagine god to be a fictitious mythical monster much in line with his depiction in the old testament - that well known piece of mindless jewish tribal propaganda
#reading between the lines#
You imiagine God to unapprochable and intolerant to humans?
The old testiment is not only what Jewish people read it's also Christians and Muslims. Here is an extract for you from the old testiment. “Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I’d never forget you—never. Look, I’ve written your names on the backs of my hands..." Is 49.15-16 NIV that's no monster!

W
Angler

River City

Moves
17 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by yo its me
Please, elaborate....
without such imagination, you have nothing, no beginning, no answers, ... nada, zilch, et cetera

NIV

Sorry. I should not have entered into a conversation about imagination, poetics, or any other fine points of language and cognition.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
17 Aug 09

#reading between the lines#
You imiagine God to unapprochable and intolerant to humans?
The old testiment is not only what Jewish people read it's also Christians and Muslims. Here is an extract for you from the old testiment. “Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I’d never forget yo ...[text shortened]... Look, I’ve written your names on the backs of my hands..." Is 49.15-16 NIV that's no monster!
Gen 6:17
For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.

Gen 7:21-23
And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, birds, cattle, beasts, all swarming creatures that swarm upon the earth, and every man; everything on the dry land in whose nostrils was the breath of life died. He blotted out every living thing that was upon the face of the ground, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the air; they were blotted out from the earth.

Not only is this god a monster, but he is the greatest conceivable monster.

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
18 Aug 09

I used to spend a lot of time imagining God...

...now I just try to let Them imagine me...

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
18 Aug 09

Originally posted by Wulebgr
without such imagination, you have nothing, no beginning, no answers, ... nada, zilch, et cetera

[b]NIV

Sorry. I should not have entered into a conversation about imagination, poetics, or any other fine points of language and cognition.[/b]
Because my choice of Bible is the New International Version?

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
18 Aug 09

Originally posted by rwingett
Gen 6:17
For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.

Gen 7:21-23
And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, birds, cattle, beasts, all swarming creatures that swarm upon the earth, and every man; everything on the dry lan ...[text shortened]... rom the earth.

Not only is this god a monster, but he is the greatest conceivable monster.
He did do that, yeah. But then He gave us His only son so that His son could be sacrifised for us and left us His Spirit so that we could stay in touch.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
18 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by hakima
I used to spend a lot of time imagining God...

...now I just try to let Them imagine me...
When you say 'Them', what do they look like?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
18 Aug 09

He did do that, yeah. But then He gave us His only son so that His son could be sacrifised for us and left us His Spirit so that we could stay in touch.
I don't think that quite makes up for genocide.

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
18 Aug 09

When you say 'Them', what do they look like?
I can't imagine.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Aug 09

Originally posted by rwingett
I don't think that quite makes up for genocide.
theres a fair bit of that we need to leave behind us... i think its fairly safe to say christianity has had a checkered history at best.