1. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 07:35
    Originally posted by yo its me
    If you were to imiagine Him, would he be too distant to conect with?
    No. Even though God wouldn't have any physical form (seeing as God is not part of creation) I would
    still be able to connect with God in every sense that truly matters: spiritually. Considering the idea
    that there is a God, I see no problem with not being able to visualise it, so long as I can relate to its
    essence.

Are you merely the female body that you possess, or do you consider yourself more than just a
    woman? It's that more part that God would represent for me, and it can't be visualised or imagined
    as such.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 07:36
    Originally posted by galveston75
    To imply that God does or needs to do sexual acts.
    Answer (1)
    And what's wrong with that? Doesn't gods need sex?

Answer (2)
    Referring to god as 'he' is as bad as referring god as 'she'. When you think about women, is 'sex' the first thing you think about? Doesn't men need sex? Does only women need sex?

Answer (3)
    Is it possible to refer with anything other than 'he' or 'she' and thus implying that god isn't either 'he' nor 'she', it is just god. Now I use d the neutral pronome 'it'. Does this make things better?
    In the finnish language, there is a neutral 'he/she' pronome 'Hen', if I remember right. (Right, someone?) In English, such a word is missing. I think the best way to adress god is as 'hen', implying that god doesn't need a gender.
  3. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 07:421 edit
    To imply that God does or needs to do sexual acts. Sex within humans done in ways that God created us to do it is normal of course but in my view a really disrespectful comment.
    My point was that if we refer to God as a male, then we must attribute him with just about the only
    thing that physically constitutes a male, that is: a penis. We specifically have a penis rather than
    just a urine opening simply for sexual reproduction purposes. Hence if God has a penis, he would
    either have to be impotent or suffering from a potent urge for sex (an urge that can never be
    satisfied since there's no Goddess available). This is mere logic. I don't think, that if there is but one
    God, he has a physical form like we know it. It would make no sense at all.

Now, what's so disrespectful about simple logic, uh?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 07:43
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Answer (1)
    And what's wrong with that? Doesn't gods need sex?

Answer (2)
    Referring to god as 'he' is as bad as referring god as 'she'. When you think about women, is 'sex' the first thing you think about? Doesn't men need sex? Does only women need sex?

Answer (3)
    Is it possible to refer with anything other than 'he' or 'she' and thus implying tha ...[text shortened]... y to adress god is as 'hen', implying that god doesn't need a gender.
    Well this thread is on God's qualities and personality and imagination but to answer this is the deep respect that we should all have for the creator of everything. I would compare that comment to asking someone like a elderly person of great wisdom and knowledge if they masturbate. Not your business at all, and to me something you shouldn't even think about. But that's me.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulÀrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 07:45
    I'm satisfied with ineffability as far as any putative deity is concerned. Imaginary Nobodaddies, besides being idolatrous, are simply ridiculous. That said, I get a kick out of imagining the Gnostic Demiurge at work. Evil, tormented, driven, obsessed -- something like Giacometti.
  6. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 07:50
    Well this thread is on God's qualities and personality and imagination but to answer this is the deep respect that we should all have for the creator of everything. I would compare that comment to asking someone like a elderly person of great wisdom and knowledge if they masturbate. Not your business at all, and to me something you shouldn't even think about. But that's me.
    Now I'm really confused. What's wrong with masturbating? It's fun. It takes a huge load of
    frustration off your chest (or genitals as it were), and it's relaxing for both body and mind. How is
    this a bad thing to ask people about? In fact, whenever I meet an uptight, high strung, obnoxious
    busy bee whom can't leave other people's business alone for a second, my standard question is: "Do
    you masturbate as much as you'd like to?", regardless of age or social position.

I don't think that's disrespectful in the least. I ask out of concern for their well being, after all.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 07:531 edit
    The source of you being upset is the comment from jigtie:
    "I wonder if God is even a He (or She for that matter). I mean, there's only one, so what good would a sexual organ do if (S)He'll never be able to use it? It would be merely a source of frustration and
    excessive masturbation."

You know jigtie, he is always joking. God doesn't mind. If he did He would send a thunderbolt into his head and shut him up forever. He doesn't, therefore He doesn't mind.

On the other hand, if I said something alike to an elderly person of great wisdom and knowledge, I would be punished instantaneoulsy, in one way or another. Or he would have a sense of humour and laugh at me, making me feel like an idiot.

You should also laugh at jigtie remark, as God does, and take it for what it's worth.

But if you really read wthe underlying serious level - why does god has a gender at all? That's his question, if you read and filter out the humour. Why? Why is he depicted with a beard? Doesn't he ever shave? And if god really is a 'she', does she ever menstruate?

Edit: corrected spelling from 'beer' to 'beerd'.
  8. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 07:57
    Why is he depicted with a bear?
    I know you meant beard, but for a split second there I imagined God standing next to a bear and
    thought... suffice it to say, the image made me laugh.
  9. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 07:59
    Originally posted by Jigtie
    I know you meant beard, but for a split second there I imagined God standing next to a bear and
    thought... suffice it to say, the image made me laugh.
    đŸ˜”
    This forum needs your sense of humour Jigtie
  10. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 08:002 edits
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I'm satisfied with ineffability as far as any putative deity is concerned. Imaginary Nobodaddies, besides being idolatrous, are simply ridiculous. That said, I get a kick out of imagining the Gnostic Demiurge at work. Evil, tormented, driven, obsessed -- something like Giacometti.
    How you imiagine God is important, it's how a relationship is founded.
    Thank you for giving an answer.
  11. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 08:10
    No. Even though God wouldn't have any physical form (seeing as God is not part of creation) I would
    still be able to connect with God in every sense that truly matters: spiritually. Considering the idea
    that there is a God, I see no problem with not being able to visualise it, so long as I can relate to its
    essence.

Are you merely the female body tha ...[text shortened]... more part that God would represent for me, and it can't be visualised or imagined
    as such.
    Okay. But maybe your imagination of His essence, is what I'm asking; Is He authoritive?
  12. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 08:27
    Okay. But maybe your imagination of His essence, is what I'm asking; Is He authoritive?
    In my mind, God is all-wise and ever knowing. God would understand, not condemn. God would
    guide, not slap my face. God would support me and fill me with spiritual strength and enlightenment;
    fill me with the wisdom and determination to tackle any obstacles in the physical world, not play the
    authoritative bureaucrat (fill in these prayers, then do this and that, don't expect any response and
    maybe then, though your physical existence sucked, you may, you just may be allowed into the ever
    blissful eternity of my love and compassion)

You can tell from my posts that I have yet to connect with God.
  13. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulÀrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 08:30

You know jigtie, he is always joking.
    And masturbating. Usually at the same time.
  14. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 08:31
    đŸ˜”
    This forum needs your sense of humour Jigtie
    Why thank you. That's the sweetest thing any sweet character has ever written about me in here.
    And let me respond with: This forum needs your excellent kindness, yo its me. That is you, not me.
    Your kindness, yo its me.
  15. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 08:32
    In my mind, God is all-wise and ever knowing. God would understand, not condemn. God would
    guide, not slap my face. God would support me and fill me with spiritual strength and enlightenment;
    fill me with the wisdom and determination to tackle any obstacles in the physical world, not play the
    authoritative bureaucrat (fill in these prayers, then do t ...[text shortened]... my love and compassion).

You can tell from my posts that I have yet to connect with God.
    Maybe I haven't read as many of your posts as show that you haven't connected. I like the way you see God, sounds like my God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree