1. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 23:432 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    My take is that we should not overly rejoice by the type of judgment that has befallen our enemy that we treat our enemy with more evil and build up the anger of God aganst our own behavior.

After WWII we rejoiced because our enemy was defeated and the war was over, but then we helped our enemy recover afterwards and did not continue to hold a grudge. That, I believe, is what God wants us to do.
    helped them recover, you stole all the Nazi rocket scientists and engineers and gave them jobs in NASA! 😲
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 23:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    helped them recover, you stole all the Nazi rocket scientists and engineers and gave them jobs in NASA! 😲
    If you can turn an asset, it's better than killing them.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 23:46
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    If you can turn an asset, it's better than killing them.
    Agreed, killing is not good!
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 23:532 edits
    To the victor go the spoils of war. 😏

P.S. That is our mistake in the Iraq and Afganistan war. We have not taken any.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 23:591 edit
    To the victor go the spoils of war. 😏

P.S. That is our mistake in the Iraq and Afganistan war. We have not taken any.
    yes but it wasn't for want of trying,

what was all your oil doing under the Iraqis sand? incredible how it got there. What has
    Afghanistan got that you could possibly want?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 00:06
    yes but it wasn't for want of trying,

what was all your oil doing under the Iraqis sand? incredible how it got there. What has
    Afghanistan got that you could possibly want?
    Since the Liberals do not like drilling for oil in America, maybe they would not object to drilling in Afghanistan. Who knows what we could find? 😏
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 00:08
    Since the Liberals do not like drilling for oil in America, maybe they would not object to drilling in Afghanistan. Who knows what we could find? 😏
    Bush Licker!
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 00:15
    I hope you are not trying to use these verses to say we should not fight the eneny to defeat them. It just doesn't work for me for I am glad when the enemy is defeated, for that means a time of peace is ahead.
    I showing you these verses because it isn't flesh and blood we are at war
    with, and any joy over anyone who is flesh and blood is joy over someone
    who Jesus died for.
    Kelly
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 00:16
    Bush Licker!
    Reverting to name calling again when you have no valid argument. 😏
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 00:20
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I showing you these verses because it isn't flesh and blood we are at war
    with, and any joy over anyone who is flesh and blood is joy over someone
    who Jesus died for.
    Kelly
    Perhaps you should have quoted the apostle Paul on the matter then. 😏
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 00:37
    Reverting to name calling again when you have no valid argument. 😏
    Even the Gods cannot contend with buffoons.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 01:01
    No one knows whether they will see salvation or not, for he who is standing had better beware that he does not fall.
    I must disagree with this. God's Grace is *promised* to us, providing one keeps his end of the bargain. Do you, for some reason best known to yourself, doubt God's word? God does not renege on His promises. So the only question of salvation would be on our end. True, one could fall, but presumably, one *should* realize when one is in a state of Grace and when one is not.

So your statement that "no one knows whether they will see salvation or not" is ridiculous on the face of it.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 01:091 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I must disagree with this. God's Grace is *promised* to us, providing one keeps his end of the bargain. Do you, for some reason best known to yourself, doubt God's word? God does not renege on His promises. So the only question of salvation would be on our end. True, one could fall, but presumably, one *should* realize when one is in a state of Grace a ...[text shortened]... that "no one knows whether they will see salvation or not" is ridiculous on the face of it.
    really, if your salvation is assured as you claim, why does Christ state that, he or she
    that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved, why does Paul speak of
    putting up a fine fight for the faith, if your salvation is already assured, then these
    verse have no real meaning and you are in fact making a mockery of the Bible. That
    besides, my point is that those who seem so self assured tend to me to be the most
    self righteous, as if they are on the path to life and everyone else is damned. For how
    else can one adopt such a stance and not be affected by it? are you special that you
    are the recipient of Gods grace and another person unworthy? How will you explain it?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 01:151 edit
    really, if your salvation is assured as you claim, why does Christ state that, he or she
    that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved, why does Paul speak of
    putting up a fine fight for the faith, if your salvation is already assured, then these
    verse have no real meaning and you are in fact making a mockery of the Bible. That
    b ...[text shortened]... that you
    are the recipient of Gods grace and another person unworthy? How will you explain it?
    For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

(John 3:16 NKJV)

You are not called to believe in Allah or Jehovah. We are called to believe in Yahshua, the one that saves us from the wages of sin.
  15. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 01:17
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Proverbs 24
    17 When your enemies fall, don’t rejoice.
    When they stumble, don’t let your heart be glad,
    18 or the Lord will see it and be displeased,
    and he will turn his anger from them.
    19 Don’t get fighting mad at evil people;
    don’t be envious of the wicked.
    20 Indeed, there is no future for the evil;
    the lamp of the wicked will be ...[text shortened]...
    heading to a devils Hell least we bar the way to God's grace instead of
    showing it?
    Kelly
    I see it as it is Gods job to deal with their evilness and their sins. Vengeance is his, we should not rejoice in their downfall.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree