How often do you pray or visit church?

How often do you pray or visit church?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B

Chernivtsi

Moves
22 Sep 05

i'm an eastern christian - orthodox catholic and i'm interested in a question whether people from other parts of world go to church! i want to compare it with situation in my country - Ukraine! Mostly i'm interested in youth replies and discussions!

As for me, i'm visiting church more often when i have confessed because i try to make don't sinns once more!
But i like our liturgy very much!

I start praying when i don't even expect it!

l

London

Moves
22 Sep 05

Originally posted by Byba
i'm an eastern christian - orthodox catholic and i'm interested in a question whether people from other parts of world go to church! i want to compare it with situation in my country - Ukraine! Mostly i'm interested in youth replies and discussions!

As for me, i'm visiting church more often when i have confessed because i try to make don't sinns once more!
But i like our liturgy very much!

I start praying when i don't even expect it!
Syrian-rite Catholic here (though I haven't been to a Syrian rite Mass in ages!)

I probably say short, one-line prayers multiple times a day; but I try to set some time aside for prayer at least once a day. I also try (and usually succeed!) in going to Mass once a week.

Cheers,

LH

B

Chernivtsi

Moves
22 Sep 05
1 edit

i think you are melkhite greek-catholic! your church is second big (i mean quantity of people in: we have 5 millions people and you have 1 million) after our Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Church! actually i also go to church once a week - on sunday!

more often i visit church during the Great Lent!

d

Moves
22 Sep 05

I never pray and I go to church once a year with my Mother during the Christmas holidays.

R
Godless Commie

Glasgow

Moves
22 Sep 05

I go to church one a week, but only because my chess club meets in a church hall. (Does this count?).
We have conversations about sacrificing bishops, which seems to disconcert them somewhat.

I never pray - I stopped having an imaginary friend when I was 3.

B

Chernivtsi

Moves
22 Sep 05
1 edit

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Syrian-rite Catholic here (though I haven't been to a Syrian rite Mass in ages!)

I probably say short, one-line prayers multiple times a day; but I try to set some time aside for prayer at least once a day. I also try (and usually succeed!) in going to Mass once a week.

Cheers,

LH
you are good christian but you are eastern one (as i am)! so, i mean it isn't for me so strange that you practic a lot because you are syrian! actually, i'm really happy and respect you because you managed to find some minutes to devote God! i allways have no time!

B

Chernivtsi

Moves
22 Sep 05

Originally posted by Redmike
I go to church one a week, but only because my chess club meets in a church hall. (Does this count?).
We have conversations about sacrificing bishops, which seems to disconcert them somewhat.

I never pray - I stopped having an imaginary friend when I was 3.
you don't pray because you think that prayer is something boring or you actually don't need it! what i'll get after saying OUR FATHER or Rejoice Virgin MARY twice a day? i'll just lost my free time and i won't pray: i'll just move my lips but i'll think about nice BMW X5 or nice girl - Liz Solari! Sometimes my ordinary prayer in public looks like this!

l

London

Moves
22 Sep 05

you are good christian but you are eastern one (as i am)! so, i mean it isn't for me so strange that you practic a lot because you are syrian! actually, i'm really happy and respect you because you managed to find some minutes to devote God! i allways have no time!
Actually, I should've clarified - Syro-Malabar Rite.

Pax,

LH

B

Chernivtsi

Moves
22 Sep 05

Originally posted by darvlay
I never pray and I go to church once a year with my Mother during the Christmas holidays.
the same as majority of people in Ukraine do! but we here visit church once a year not in Christmas BUT IN EASTER AND WE ALSO HAVE A TRADITION TO CONFESS BEFORE EASTER, during Great Lent!

R
Godless Commie

Glasgow

Moves
22 Sep 05

you don't pray because you think that prayer is something boring or you actually don't need it! what i'll get after saying OUR FATHER or Rejoice Virgin MARY twice a day? i'll just lost my free time and i won't pray: i'll just move my lips but i'll think about nice BMW X5 or nice girl - Liz Solari! Sometimes my ordinary prayer in public looks like this!
I don't pray because there is nobody to pray to.

B

Chernivtsi

Moves
22 Sep 05

what languages do you speek or read? i actually know greek and latin, also german, russian, english and ukrainian!

Pax - it's in latin PEASE! Yeh?

B

Chernivtsi

Moves
22 Sep 05

yes, there is nobody to pray, but there is someone who need to pray....

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
22 Sep 05

Originally posted by Redmike
I don't pray because there is nobody to pray to.
Be careful with the goading, Mike. Apparently it's becoming a hot-button issue.

l

London

Moves
22 Sep 05

what languages do you speek or read? i actually know greek and latin, also german, russian, english and ukrainian!

Pax - it's in latin PEASE! Yeh?
English. Hindi. Malayalam.

Yes, Pax is Latin for Peace.

R
Godless Commie

Glasgow

Moves
22 Sep 05

Originally posted by David C
Be careful with the goading, Mike. Apparently it's becoming a hot-button issue.
Seriously?

So a god-botherer posts in a forum asking how often we all go to church and how often we pray, and I can't answer that and explain exactly why, without said god-botherers claiming I'm causing offence?

There is a an old saying "Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answers to".