Huge anti-gay marriage protest march in Paris

Huge anti-gay marriage protest march in Paris

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
05 Jun 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
a minor setback in the context of the debate not in the context of India as a whole nation, and you are quite wrong, i stated that the abortion of children was deplorable or words to that effect. I have hardly condoned or ignored violence or marital rape either and once again, sigh, the debate comes down to personalities rather than the evaluation of data. Its almost inevitable.
Shocking was the term you used, not deplorable. Besides, the debate hasn't come down to personalities, I presented data and you glibly dismissed it.

rc

Moves
05 Jun 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Shocking was the term you used, not deplorable. Besides, the debate hasn't come down to personalities, I presented data and you glibly dismissed it.
I apologise if i gave the impression that i trivialised these things, I was speaking in the context of the debate.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
05 Jun 13

I apologise if i gave the impression that i trivialised these things, I was speaking in the context of the debate.
Fair enough.

Ro

Moves
05 Jun 13

Your marriage in the UK has a fifty/fifty chance of survival, your marriage in India, an almost ninety percent chance of survival. I rest my case.
Rest your case?????

We were talking about fidelity, not divorce.

You can be unfaithful and remain married, and also divorce and not have been unfaithful.

You are surely not arguing that low divorce rates is evidence of low rates of infidelity? Surely?

To give you a clue, you can't be unfaithful after you have divorced.

rc

Moves
05 Jun 13
2 edits

Originally posted by Rank outsider
Rest your case?????

We were talking about fidelity, not divorce.

You can be unfaithful and remain married, and also divorce and not have been unfaithful.

You are surely not arguing that low divorce rates is evidence of low rates of infidelity? Surely?

To give you a clue, you can't be unfaithful after you have divorced.
infidelity used to be the major contributing factory although its now allied with other factors but contributes to about 25 percent of all divorces in the UK. I have as yet not formed an opinion as to what contributes to India's low divorce rates, but its phenomenally lower than the UK and America.