1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 15:33
    if it turns out that the bible god is real....should we forgive him for his actions and inactions, maybe we should make him stand trial, or maybe we should declare war, or shun him j.w. style, or should we fear his power and go on bended knees.
    how would the atheists on here live their days knowing what was coming? would we accept our fate, resign ourselves to eternal torture?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 16:37
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    if it turns out that the bible god is real....should we forgive him for his actions and inactions, maybe we should make him stand trial, or maybe we should declare war, or shun him j.w. style, or should we fear his power and go on bended knees.
    how would the atheists on here live their days knowing what was coming? would we accept our fate, resign ourselves to eternal torture?
    Don't be fooled. Judgement Day is a reality.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 16:53
    Originally posted by josephw
    is it? ohh, my mistake, thanks for the clarification. i feel so....foolish.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 17:051 edit
    "There is no fate but what we make"
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 17:072 edits
    It is no wonder atheists laugh at and ridicule Christians. Some of you people are just plain dumb. On another thread KJ decides that he has the right to redefine standard accepted definitions used in the English Language. Now you cannot read a couple simple sentences and answer a straighforward question. Your answer has nothing to do with the question asked.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 17:08
    I would go with the bended knee approach if I were you.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 17:18
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Can you explain why?
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 17:20
    how would the atheists on here live their days knowing what was coming?
    It depends on what exactly I knew was coming. You haven't given us enough of a description of your bible god for me to even guess at what I would do.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 17:22
    and if it turns out its not the christian god but the inca god viracocha, a violent god who demands the torture of those who will follow him......will you take a knee before him?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 17:24
    It is no wonder atheists laugh at and ridicule Christians. Some of you people are just plain dumb. On another thread KJ decides that he has the right to redefine standard accepted definitions used in the English Language. Now you cannot read a couple simple sentences and answer a straighforward question. Your answer has nothing to do with the question asked.
    There are several reasons for this phenomena:

1) Christ foretold it (but I digress)

2) the concept of Christianity (indeed a god and religion in general) is completely irrational when you stop and think about it.

3) many Christians (or religionists) seen to abdicate the obligation of cognitive effort when engaging detractors.
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 17:27
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It depends on what exactly I knew was coming. You haven't given us enough of a description of your bible god for me to even guess at what I would do.
    lets split them into the o.t. and n.t. bible gods. would you react differently to each?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 17:29
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Can you explain why?
    While I dont believe in eternal torment but death/annihilation I would prefer life to death.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 17:32
    and if it turns out its not the christian god but the inca god viracocha, a violent god who demands the torture of those who will follow him......will you take a knee before him?
    It would depend on the circumstances under which I find out about this god. It is said that the elect cannot be fooled. I think I would know the real God as opposed to fakes. I would not bow to a fake. In that case I would take death.
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 17:43
    It would depend on the circumstances under which I find out about this god. It is said that the elect cannot be fooled. I think I would know the real God as opposed to fakes. I would not bow to a fake. In that case I would take death.
    in this scenario. the inca god is the real and only god. he demands constant human sacrifice, you must worship him and throw those that refuse onto the spikes and branches of the giant tree of thorns (little sci-fi nod for the nerds).
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 17:49
    in this scenario. the inca god is the real and only god. he demands constant human sacrifice, you must worship him and throw those that refuse onto the spikes and branches of the giant tree of thorns (little sci-fi nod for the nerds).
    I already answered that. I said I would not worship a god that demands human sacrifice.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree