1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 21:28
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Well that is the rub isn't it, if the universe is 15 billion years old, or some
    other number 7 thousand years old, it is what it is. We may believe its 14
    billion then later change due to something else, then change to something
    else, when something else comes along we change our minds again. If as
    I said it is in our minds, then our thinking could be stinking as an old friend
    of mine used to say.
    Kelly
    you seem happy to point out a fact you think is not a fact and explain why (especially if it helps confirm your view of a young earth). as challenged by agerg can you give us a non mathematical fact that is a fact, that has no possibility of new information altering its 'fact' status?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 21:48
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    you seem happy to point out a fact you think is not a fact and explain why (especially if it helps confirm your view of a young earth). as challenged by agerg can you give us a non mathematical fact that is a fact, that has no possibility of new information altering its 'fact' status?
    Nothing I have said makes the young earth a more possible true statement.
    We can disprove everything everyone believes to be true so that they
    accept the universe is X billions of years old. That does not mean my beliefs
    about it being a few thousand years old are true, nor would it mean that
    God setup the universe either. These are all stand along beliefs, granted
    one or none of them maybe true, but if one is, the others are not.
    Kelly
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 22:04
    Nothing I have said makes the young earth a more possible true statement.
    We can disprove everything everyone believes to be true so that they
    accept the universe is X billions of years old. That does not mean my beliefs
    about it being a few thousand years old are true, nor would it mean that
    God setup the universe either. These are all stand along beliefs, granted
    one or none of them maybe true, but if one is, the others are not.
    Kelly
    im not really questioning your beliefs in a young earth, it was more of an aside, hence the brackets. the main point is your interesting view on facts. if all things are subject to the possibility of unknown variables then by your way of thinking there is no such thing as a fact. correct?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 22:051 edit
    no, im correct in my statement. which moment? you used the word moment, the word moment does not describe a specific time. for example, were you referring to the moment you began to type, the moment you finished typing, the time from start to finish, the time as you perceived it in your mind (which is slightly delayed from real-time) or did you mean the ...[text shortened]... the word 'moment'.

as i pointed out simply saying 'the moment i did x' is far from factual.
    LOL, that all you got? You need the year, month, day, hour, minute,
    second? The fact I have the bill of sale which says the laptop was/is mine
    when I wrote it, you need that too? You got that it happen with my laptop
    at the time of the writing, now you want more info?

Now, if you can disprove one of the conditions I gave, like did I write that,
    or did my wife, or one of my kids? Was I using my son's laptop not my own?
    Those things would disprove what I said was a factual statement. Can you
    verify any of that, no! Yet, something occurred, it either happened the way
    I said or some other way. You'd have to take my word for it on faith!

Can you gather data on my actions, yes, enough to know for sure, no. The
    same thing about my claims is also true about the universe if it is billions of
    years old, or not. We know it has an age, we are just trying to figure it out.
    How old is the universe, no idea, but it has an age. Did I use my laptop to
    write that post, maybe not, but it was written that is a fact be it by me,
    or someone, or something else.
    Kelly
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 22:08
    at the time of the writing, now you want more info? There will be no new
    pieces of data that will change what I said occurred did under th ...[text shortened]... ut it has an age. Did I use my laptop to
    write that post, maybe not, but it was written.
    Kelly
    i think you are replying to the wrong person. i didnt ask you any of those questions.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 22:10
    i think you are replying to the wrong person. i didnt ask you any of those questions.
    Sorry my bad, that is a fact.
    Kelly
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 22:222 edits
    at the time of the writing, now you want more info?

Now, if you can disprove one of the conditions I gave, like did I write that,
    or di ...[text shortened]... maybe not, but it was written that is a fact be it by me,
    or someone, or something else.
    Kelly
    What if you stole that bill of sale from someone else and forgot!?

You really think that post was written!? which post are you referring to!??? I don't see any posts written by you other than this one that I am replying to, and what is more, this is my first post in this thread.

You don't believe me eh!? Prove that you are not hallucinating when you think you are seeing posts that you wrote and posts that other people made!

Reveal Hidden Content
    and by the way ... none of my attempts to debunk your so-called "facts" are remotely close in lunacy as the attempts on your part to debunk the age of the earth being of order billions of years
  8. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 23:59
    Sorry my bad, that is a fact.
    Kelly
    Ah, but how do you know they aren't the same person using two different accounts?
  9. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    08 Jul '14 03:52
    if it turns out that the bible god is real....should we forgive him for his actions and inactions, maybe we should make him stand trial, or maybe we should declare war, or shun him j.w. style, or should we fear his power and go on bended knees.
    how would the atheists on here live their days knowing what was coming? would we accept our fate, resign ourselves to eternal torture?
    To answer your question; you need to read the writings of Paul. He states, for those who know the law, they will be judged by the law. And for those who do not know the law, they will be judged by the law written in their hearts.

It matters not whether you are Theist or Atheist, what really matters is where your heart is at.

It could be said, that the two thieves, who died that day with Jesus, represented all of mankind. Not because they were thieves, but because one showed compassion and one did not.

Those who share compassion will be in paradise, and those who do not, won't.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jul '14 05:21
    what do you believe your god will do with sinners who refuse to repent?
    stellspalfie, the biblical meaning of "repent" is a rational decision to change your mind. "No." and "Yes."
    are both complete sentences which in the context of this thread have significant consequences.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Jul '14 06:50
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Jesus Christ the righteous judge decides who is obedient and who is not, and accepts into life, or condemns to death as he sees fit. I cannot answer further than that.
    So who he 'accepts into life' depends on who is obedient, correct?
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Jul '14 08:04
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    To answer your question; you need to read the writings of Paul. He states, for those who know the law, they will be judged by the law. And for those who do not know the law, they will be judged by the law written in their hearts.

It matters not whether you are Theist or Atheist, what really matters is where your heart is at.

It could be said, that the ...[text shortened]... and one did not.

Those who share compassion will be in paradise, and those who do not, won't.
    judged by the law. And for those who do not know the law, they will be judged by the law written in their hearts.

what does the first statement actually mean? what is the law within in our hearts judged against, if its the law of christianity then there is no difference between a the judgement of a believer and non-believer.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jul '14 10:38
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So who he 'accepts into life' depends on who is obedient, correct?
    Yes but I will rephrase 'who is obedient' to 'who Christ judges as obedient'. Nobody knows the heart of a man but God or Christ.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jul '14 10:50
    is it? ohh, my mistake, thanks for the clarification. i feel so....foolish.
    You should feel foolish. Your OP is one of the most foolish I've ever seen.

Seriously stells, do you really believe you can mock God with such gibberish and get a pass on it? "If it turns out that the bible god is real..." Well? What if it does? What will you do then? You live your life through rejecting God's offer of salvation and eternal life, and after you die you find yourself in His presence to be judged. What will you say? "Oh, hey, I'm sorry, I had no idea this was going to happen. Can't we just start over? I promise to be good next time."

God is in your face. Quit denying it.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jul '14 10:50
    [b]judged by the law. And for those who do not know the law, they will be judged by the law written in their hearts.

what does the first statement actually mean? what is the law within in our hearts judged against, if its the law of christianity then there is no difference between a the judgement of a believer and non-believer.[/b]
    Without even hearing of Christianity [or any other religion for that matter] do you think that someone is able to discern right from wrong, justice from injustice, fairness from unfairness, love as opposed to hate, good v evil? eg many of the native American Indians before the arrival of any Europeans into North America could be good examples of such people unaffected by religion as we know it today.

In all people God has put into them a conscience which guides them to discern right from wrong. God will judge all people even those who know no law [ie law of Moses or law of Christ], by the law within which they live.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree