hypothetical question ~

hypothetical question ~

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
09 Jul 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
I think humans are going to be severely disappointed when they find out there is no heaven, no hell, all they get is dead. Of course it is hard to be disappointed in such a circumstance🙂
I look forward to that day. I will show you the chess board I have set for you, but you will never play. not for a long, long time anyways. You will be too caught up in the presence of God for anything else.

P

Moves
09 Jul 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
And you will be ecstatic when you find out that there is in fact a heaven, God thinks you are worthy to enter, and all you get is a lot more than just dead.
And you my friend will be there with him (sonhouse). Me, i'll be smiling, then about my work.

Moves
09 Jul 14

Originally posted by Pudgenik
The law that is written in our hearts is simply knowing what is right. Like, it is wrong to steal, rape or murder. These don't need to be written in stone. We already know it in our hearts.

In the book of Matthew, Jesus says, "blessed are the peacemakers". This is but an example, there are others in this passage. But in these passages, Jesus never says, ...[text shortened]... g to everyone else, not just His followers. It opens the doors to everyone, not just Christians.
things are not that simple, there are always exceptions, times when stealing and murder are possibly the correct things to do. when things become subjective, who's heart written rule are we following then?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Jul 14

Originally posted by stellspalfie
things are not that simple, there are always exceptions, times when stealing and murder are possibly the correct things to do. when things become subjective, who's heart written rule are we following then?
If you, me and others with small simple minds can figure out the exceptions and when they apply dont you think that a more advanced being [God] is capable of that as well?

Nothing is ever that simple, but its always doable.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Jul 14

Originally posted by Pudgenik
And you my friend will be there with him (sonhouse). Me, i'll be smiling, then about my work.
😉

P

Moves
09 Jul 14

That is the good thing about God being God, and I am glad I am not Him.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Jul 14

Originally posted by Agerg
No ... I butted in because a thinker of *your* calibre trying to condescend his superiors[hidden]that would be almost everyone who posts on this forum[/hidden]struck me as hilarious
"...trying to condescend his superiors..."

Is that grammatically correct? Do you mean condescend to his superiors?

If so, why would I do that? 🙄

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Jul 14

hilarious, you call my op foolish.......then go on to ask pretty much the same question i ask in my op.
You're not reading my posts with comprehension. I was being facetious.

I did make a mistake though. Instead of foolish I should have said idiotic.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Jul 14

You are saying the same thing that Im saying. God will judge people using the same yardstick/law by which they live, and by the law written in their hearts. There is no standard measure [like in the case of capital punishment] for everyone.

There are some attributes which all societies consider to be virtuous. While societies vary re capital punishment, ...[text shortened]... all of mankind will be judged according to whether or not they 'know' Christ are sadly mistaken.
"God will judge people using the same yardstick/law by which they live,.."

You reason as the atheists do Rajk. God will judge people according to His law, not according to some arbitrary law they follow.

1 Timothy 1:7
Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

Sounds like you old boy! You don't know Jack about the law!

Moves
09 Jul 14

Originally posted by josephw
You're not reading my posts with comprehension. I was being facetious.

I did make a mistake though. Instead of foolish I should have said idiotic.
how very christian of you joe.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jul 14
2 edits

The Heavenly Troll strikes again with a completely off the topic musical interlude -

There is a fountain filled with blood, drawn from Emmanuel's vein .... !

The dying thief rejoiced to see that fountain in his day.
And there my I as VILE as he wash ALLLLLLLLL my sins Away. Clean Away !!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Jul 14

if it turns out that the bible god is real....should we forgive him for his actions and inactions, maybe we should make him stand trial, or maybe we should declare war, or shun him j.w. style, or should we fear his power and go on bended knees.
how would the atheists on here live their days knowing what was coming? would we accept our fate, resign ourselves to eternal torture?
Originally posted by stellspalfie (OP)
"if it turns out that the bible god is real...": thoughtful expression of honest doubt suggests intellectual honesty on your part.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Jul 14

Originally posted by josephw
[b]"God will judge people using the same yardstick/law by which they live,.."

You reason as the atheists do Rajk. God will judge people according to His law, not according to some arbitrary law they follow.

1 Timothy 1:7
Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

Sounds like you old boy! You don't know Jack about the law![/b]
Read Romans 2:9-15.

You are not as exclusive as you would like to be. God has made provisions for all people as he sent his son Jesus Christ to die for all of mankind. You are a typical selfish arrogant Pharisee type Christian.

P

Moves
10 Jul 14

Originally posted by sonship
The Heavenly Troll strikes again with a completely off the topic musical interlude -

There is a fountain filled with blood, drawn from [b]Emmanuel's vein
.... !

The dying thief rejoiced to see that fountain in his day.
And there my I as VILE as he wash ALLLLLLLLL my sins Away. Clean Away !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAUmM6I3bAU[/b]
I will be happy to take on the title "Heavenly Troll"!!! You have no idea, but that is ok. When you have your "heavenly experience" i will pray that you are better received than I.

P

Moves
10 Jul 14
1 edit

Read Romans 2:9-15.

You are not as exclusive as you would like to be. God has made provisions for all people as he sent his son Jesus Christ to die for all of mankind. You are a typical selfish arrogant Pharisee type Christian.
Easy friend, name calling isn't nessicary. Become the fool for God. Accept, forgive, pray, and reply.

Sincerely, God's Troll