1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jul '14 10:53
    Originally posted by divegeester
    "There is no fate but what we make"
    Revelation 20:12

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

We make our fate indeed! It's all being recorded.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jul '14 10:54
    Originally posted by josephw
    You should feel foolish. Your OP is one of the most foolish I've ever seen.

Seriously stells, do you really believe you can mock God with such gibberish and get a pass on it? "If it turns out that the bible god is real..." Well? What if it does? What will you do then? You live your life through rejecting God's offer of salvation and eternal life, and afte ...[text shortened]... 't we just start over? I promise to be good next time."

God is in your face. Quit denying it.
    Well Im not talking about you here JW but I can bet all my money on this .. God is going to be far more lenient to atheists seeking to find some meaning in Christianity or religion or God, than in the thousands of socalled Christians who claim to 'know' Him but deny Him with their actions and conduct.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jul '14 10:57
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Well Im not talking about you here JW but I can bet all my money on this .. God is going to be far more lenient to atheists seeking to find some meaning in Christianity or religion or God, than in the thousands of socalled Christians who claim to 'know' Him but deny Him with their actions and conduct.
    I don't really care much about what YOU are talking about Rajk.

The bottom line is that God will judge. Not you. Not me. You got a problem with that?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jul '14 11:01
    I don't really care much about what YOU are talking about Rajk.

The bottom line is that God will judge. Not you. Not me. You got a problem with that?
    Clearly you missed what I have a problem with. You condemn atheists, but do not condemn crooked Christians which Im sure outnumber atheists.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jul '14 11:10
    Clearly you missed what I have a problem with. You condemn atheists, but do not condemn crooked Christians which Im sure outnumber atheists.
    I condemned nobody. Why do you feel the need to say that? Can't you read? Can't you comprehend?

We're debating about what people believe concerning judgement by God of the lost. We know what the Word of God says about that.

Are you so wrapped up in yourself that you fail to comprehend what God has to say about it, to the extent that you feel the need to attack me about some presumed judgement on my part? Try reading more carefully.
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    08 Jul '14 11:20
    I condemned nobody. Why do you feel the need to say that? Can't you read? Can't you comprehend?

We're debating about what people believe concerning judgement by God of the lost. We know what the Word of God says about that.

Are you so wrapped up in yourself that you fail to comprehend what God has to say about it, to the extent that you feel the need to attack me about some presumed judgement on my part? Try reading more carefully.
    ...Try reading more carefully.
    LMFAO!

Seriously, you are asking *anyone* to read more carefully josephw!??? 😵
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jul '14 11:28
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [b]...Try reading more carefully.
    LMFAO!

Seriously, you are asking *anyone* to read more carefully josephw!??? 😵[/b]
    Was I talking to YOU?

Try reading more carefully. 😵
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    08 Jul '14 11:50
    Was I talking to YOU?

Try reading more carefully. 😵
    No ... I butted in because a thinker of *your* calibre trying to condescend his superiorsReveal Hidden Content
    that would be almost everyone who posts on this forum
    struck me as hilarious
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Jul '14 13:21
    You should feel foolish. Your OP is one of the most foolish I've ever seen.

Seriously stells, do you really believe you can mock God with such gibberish and get a pass on it? "If it turns out that the bible god is real..." Well? What if it does? What will you do then? You live your life through rejecting God's offer of salvation and eternal life, and afte ...[text shortened]... 't we just start over? I promise to be good next time."

God is in your face. Quit denying it.
    hilarious, you call my op foolish.......then go on to ask pretty much the same question i ask in my op.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Jul '14 13:27
    Without even hearing of Christianity [or any other religion for that matter] do you think that someone is able to discern right from wrong, justice from injustice, fairness from unfairness, love as opposed to hate, good v evil? eg many of the native American Indians before the arrival of any Europeans into North America could be good examples of such peopl ...[text shortened]... ven those who know no law [ie law of Moses or law of Christ], by the law within which they live.
    i believe people can discern right from wrong based on their societies concept of right and wrong. those can vary from society to society. some societies in america think capital punishment is right, others think its wrong. so who's right and wrong am i getting measured by, my own, my societies, your gods?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jul '14 16:41
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    i believe people can discern right from wrong based on their societies concept of right and wrong. those can vary from society to society. some societies in america think capital punishment is right, others think its wrong. so who's right and wrong am i getting measured by, my own, my societies, your gods?
    You are saying the same thing that Im saying. God will judge people using the same yardstick/law by which they live, and by the law written in their hearts. There is no standard measure [like in the case of capital punishment] for everyone.

There are some attributes which all societies consider to be virtuous. While societies vary re capital punishment, # of wives, man-made laws, taxation etc, people all over the world consider, stealing, lying, murder to be evil, whereas charity, caring for the needy, compassion for the unfortunate, to be godly.

God is a fair judge and Christians who think that all of mankind will be judged according to whether or not they 'know' Christ are sadly mistaken.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jul '14 17:39
    You are saying the same thing that Im saying. God will judge people using the same yardstick/law by which they live, and by the law written in their hearts. There is no standard measure [like in the case of capital punishment] for everyone.

There are some attributes which all societies consider to be virtuous. While societies vary re capital punishment, ...[text shortened]... all of mankind will be judged according to whether or not they 'know' Christ are sadly mistaken.
    I think humans are going to be severely disappointed when they find out there is no heaven, no hell, all they get is dead. Of course it is hard to be disappointed in such a circumstance🙂
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jul '14 17:42
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I think humans are going to be severely disappointed when they find out there is no heaven, no hell, all they get is dead. Of course it is hard to be disappointed in such a circumstance🙂
    And you will be ecstatic when you find out that there is in fact a heaven, God thinks you are worthy to enter, and all you get is a lot more than just dead.
  14. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Jul '14 02:401 edit
    Why would anyone think that we will have a say-so about what God does with us and doesn't do with us? We have no control over God. He can do with us everything that He decides to do.

He created us. If He wants us to have eternal life we can have it. If He wants us to suffer eternally for unbelief, He can make it happen. Our dependence on God is the human experience. Our will power over our bodies is non-existent. We cannot simply think something and make it so. Whatever we can do is given by God. We could not even breathe unless God gave us the ability.

King James Version
    =============
    Matthew 5: 36
    Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.
  15. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    09 Jul '14 03:22
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    [b]judged by the law. And for those who do not know the law, they will be judged by the law written in their hearts.

It matters not whether you are Theist or Atheist, what really matters is where your heart is at.

what does the first statement actually mean? what is the law within in our hearts judged against, if its the law of christianity then there is no difference between a the judgement of a believer and non-believer.[/b]
    The law that is written in our hearts is simply knowing what is right. Like, it is wrong to steal, rape or murder. These don't need to be written in stone. We already know it in our hearts.

In the book of Matthew, Jesus says, "blessed are the peacemakers". This is but an example, there are others in this passage. But in these passages, Jesus never says, "you need to know me too". Rather He is talking to everyone else, not just His followers. It opens the doors to everyone, not just Christians.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree