1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 May '18 17:25
    Originally posted by @sonship
    I did not say you could not be changed or that there was no hope.

But the Bible DOES speak about those who have a reprobate mind. Sorry. I think I had one at a time.

And if you're offended your just going to have to be offended. BECAUSE men who give up the knowledge of God and not to be included in their thinking can be given up with a reprobate mind ...[text shortened]... well, I might be able to think of just a couple of exceptions ... just a couple, over the years?
    Does saying stuff about you on here which does not “tickle you pink” mean that the person has a “reprobate mind”?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 May '18 18:101 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    When a person genuinely believes that the deliberate eternal burning alive of billions of human beings is God’s “perfect justice”....then yes it can.
    I thought you said before billions and billions of people would be buttoning in hell. You’re now back to burning? When did that happen? Buttoning sounded much more pleasant.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 May '18 18:121 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Sonships certainty about obtaining everlasting life is all in his head.

Sonship will wait until the day of judgment, like the rest of us.
    One’s eternal destination is decided by him or her - right here on earth. See John 3:16 and Romans 10:9 for starters.

Do you have Scriptural support for your belief one’s eternal destination is not determined until after they die and that God determines it?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 May '18 18:50
    I did not say you could not be changed or that there was no hope.

But the Bible DOES speak about those who have a reprobate mind. Sorry. I think I had one at a time.

And if you're offended your just going to have to be offended. BECAUSE men who give up the knowledge of God and not to be included in their thinking can be given up with a reprobate mind ...[text shortened]... well, I might be able to think of just a couple of exceptions ... just a couple, over the years?
    You dont even know what the word reprobate means, Here is the Bible' definition and explanation. I would like to hear how is it that FMF qualifies as having a reprobate mind...

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. (Romans 1:28-32 KJV)
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 May '18 19:14
    Originally posted by @fmf
    A theist said this to an atheist today on one of these threads in the course of a disagreement about beliefs.

[b]I think I'd rather die then be stuck with a mind like yours.

Does anybody else ever get as emotional and as scornful as this about fellow posters as a result of conversations (and disagreements) on this message board?[/b]
    Anyone who thinks like you is already dead.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 May '18 20:49
    A theist said this to an atheist today on one of these threads in the course of a disagreement about beliefs.

[b]I think I'd rather die then be stuck with a mind like yours.

Does anybody else ever get as emotional and as scornful as this about fellow posters as a result of conversations (and disagreements) on this message board?[/b]
    Oh, come on. We all have a list. What is yours?

I'd rather die than:

1. Being trapped in a room indefinitely with non stop Kate Perry songs playing in the background.

2. Being stuck on an international flight while sitting next to Dive while forced to have conversation on the existence of hell.

3. Having to fry bacon in the nude while starving to death and then having to sit there and smell it afterwards but unable to eat any.

4. Winning the lottery and then being told you have stage lV cancer

5. Being a lawyer to be forced to defend either Bill Cosby, Bill Clinton, or Harvey Weinstein.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 May '18 23:58
    It is possible that the mind you display here year after year after year is one that has been disapproved and given up by God.

I think I would rather die then be stuck with such a darkened mind.

But as long as it is called "today" there could be hope.
     So when you say you think you'd rather die than be stuck with a mind like mine, it is you expressing your hope for me that I might start believing in Jesus again?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 May '18 00:04
    Now, if you think everything you have written here on this Forum about me just tickles me pink with a complementary tone all the time ... well, I might be able to think of just a couple of exceptions ... just a couple, over the years?
    You said it as revenge for something I said?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 May '18 02:31
     So when you say you think you'd rather die than be stuck with a mind like mine, it is you expressing your hope for me that I might start believing in Jesus again?
    Oh, Kiddo. Why do you always make everything about you?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 May '18 02:32
    You said it as revenge for something I said?
    You’re not the center of the universe, Kiddo, and the stars don’t twinkle at night for you alone.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 May '18 02:47
    And if you're offended your just going to have to be offended.
    What makes you think I am "offended"? On the contrary, I am intrigued by what I see as your almost dysfunctional demeanour.

As you know, one of the reasons I enjoy participating in this community is I get to see how superstition and zealotry distort the intellectual and interpersonal behaviour of some religious people.

Why would I be "offended"? I am no more or less "offended" than when you call me a "follower of Satan" or a "liar".
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 May '18 02:57
    What makes you think I am "offended"? On the contrary, I am intrigued by what I see as your almost dysfunctional demeanour.

As you know, one of the reasons I enjoy participating in this community is I get to see how superstition and zealotry distort the intellectual and interpersonal behaviour of some religious people.

Why would I be "offended"? I am no more or less "offended" than when you call me a "follower of Satan" or a "liar".
    You do tend to get offended quite easily, Kiddo. You shouldn’t take everything so personally.

Remember last week when you passed tiger in the hallway at school and he didn’t return your greeting? You were in a funk for days.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 May '18 02:58

I get to see how superstition and zealotry distort the intellectual and interpersonal behaviour of some religious people
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 May '18 03:59
    I get to see how superstition and zealotry distort the intellectual and interpersonal behaviour of some religious people
    You see no such thing, Kiddo.

You’d have to know how people were before they became Christians or believers to be able to “see how superstition and zealotry distort the intellectual and interpersonal behaviour of some religious people.”

Without that information, you’re just blowing smoke.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 May '18 13:00

It is possible that the mind you display here year after year after year is one that has been disapproved and given up by God.
    “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. So we say with confidence,“The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”

Hebrews 13

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree