If animals weren't meant to be eaten...

If animals weren't meant to be eaten...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
21 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
How is this relevant? You said "[meat] must be cured and seasoned and served with condiments". Not so. That's all.
its relevant because I doubt that meat has any taste in itself which one could remotely
describe as tasty. Indeed if one were to hack the hind leg from a cow and roast it upon
an open fire I doubt that it would be described as tasty.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
21 Oct 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
and so have I, we have a fine tradition of game fishing where i am from, but i cannot say that the flesh of itself was particularly tasty. It needed to be seasoned, fried with butter or some other fat to carry any flavour.
So when you say it 'must' be cured, seasoned etc, you mean for your personal preference?

F

Moves
21 Oct 11

its relevant because I doubt that meat has any taste in itself which one could remotely
describe as tasty.
So we are discussing your opinion about some food?

rc

Moves
21 Oct 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
So when you say it 'must' be cured, seasoned etc, you mean for your personal preference?
no, not just for me, it seems logical that the reason that it is cured and seasoned is
because it has no real taste of its own, otherwise why season and cure it? you dont
season or cure raspberries, by comparison.

rc

Moves
21 Oct 11

Originally posted by FMF
So we are discussing your opinion about some food?
actually if you notice i did ask for your opinion, whether the meat you ate which was
not cured was tasty, just asking, just saying.

F

Moves
21 Oct 11

actually if you notice i did ask for your opinion, whether the meat you ate which was
not cured was tasty, just asking, just saying.
Just clarifying that you - a vegetarian - don't like the taste of meat, that's all. My opinions about meat are of no relevance.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
21 Oct 11

hey Amo, i dont believe that meat is particularly tasty, in fact, it must be cured and
seasoned and served with condiments. Its just wrong man to kill stuff. I was
fishing in a little river near my home and i caught a little trout, i was so saddened
that the hook had got lodged deep inside where i could not reach it, thankfully i had
a disg ...[text shortened]... but we are humans and are conscious of inflicting pain,
therein is where spirituality begins.
Well said.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
21 Oct 11
1 edit

no, not just for me, it seems logical that the reason that it is cured and seasoned is
because it has no real taste of its own, otherwise why season and cure it? you dont
season or cure raspberries, by comparison.
I season my vegetarian pasta dishes, i season my vegetables? I've given you a scenario where i eat meat without any seasoning. All you seem to be saying is 'i don't like meat unless it's seasoned'. Good for you, other people don't have your taste buds. Now what's your point?

rc

Moves
21 Oct 11

Originally posted by FMF
Just clarifying that you - a vegetarian - don't like the taste of meat, that's all. My opinions about meat are of no relevance.
i am not a vegetarian, although i wish i were. But yes, i dont particularly think that
flesh of any kind, whether its red meat or white meat has any real taste, of its own.

rc

Moves
21 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by bbarr
Well said.
gulp. You are also most welcome 🙂

rc

Moves
21 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I season my vegetarian pasta dishes, i season my vegetables? I've given you a scenario where i eat meat without any seasoning. All you seem to be saying is 'i don't like meat unless it's seasoned'. Good for you, other people don't have your taste buds. Now what's you point?
what scenario? when did you eat meat without seasoning it? what i am saying is that if
you can obtain the same flavour with seasoning, why eat meat? there is no necessity
to eat meat. We can derive protein from a number of other sources. I see huge bulls
in the fields near my home, i aint never seen them go to the gym or do a workout or
eat any meat, yet there they are, big and strong.

F

Moves
21 Oct 11

i am not a vegetarian, although i wish i were.
My apologies. I inferred that you were.

rc

Moves
21 Oct 11

Originally posted by FMF
My apologies. I inferred that you were.
alas FMF, I lapsed.

F

Moves
21 Oct 11

alas FMF, I lapsed.
I went through a phase of being a vegetarian. It was more a case of a political prism in action rather than a spiritual one. I don't eat much meat these days. When I do it tends to be mutton or duck.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
21 Oct 11

what scenario? when did you eat meat without seasoning it? what i am saying is that if
you can obtain the same flavour with seasoning, why eat meat? there is no necessity
to eat meat. We can derive protein from a number of other sources. I see huge bulls
in the fields near my home, i aint never seen them go to the gym or do a workout or
eat any meat, yet there they are, big and strong.
I told you a few posts ago, i've caught fish taken them home and eaten them. Straight on the grill no seasoning. I like the taste.

Listen, i'm not getting into a debate about the ethics of eating meat. I don't actually eat a lot of meat. I entered this debate on your point that meat 'must' be seasoned, cured or eaten with condiments. I gave you a scenario where it doesn't.