1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 14:28
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I told you a few posts ago, i've caught fish taken them home and eaten them. Straight on the grill no seasoning. I like the taste.

Listen, i'm not getting into a debate about the ethics of eating meat. I don't actually eat a lot of meat. I entered this debate on your point that meat 'must' be seasoned, cured or eaten with condiments. I gave you a scenario where it doesn't.
    I think Robbie was meaning more along the lines of "If you are in Bordeaux, you must eat at Chez Pierre".
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 14:49
    I told you a few posts ago, i've caught fish taken them home and eaten them. Straight on the grill no seasoning. I like the taste.

Listen, i'm not getting into a debate about the ethics of eating meat. I don't actually eat a lot of meat. I entered this debate on your point that meat 'must' be seasoned, cured or eaten with condiments. I gave you a scenario where it doesn't.
    No way mate, fess up, you didn't actually like the taste of the fish, did you? you would
    rather have eaten a creamy cake.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 16:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No way mate, fess up, you didn't actually like the taste of the fish, did you? you would
    Now you're telling me what i find nice to eat?

Rob, give over.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 16:48
    Now you're telling me what i find nice to eat?

Rob, give over.
    no, i am asking you whether you found your non marinated, unseasoned, grilled fish as
    tasty as a cream cake. I have dictated nothing to you nor poured scorn on any of your
    preferences.
  5. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 17:301 edit
    no, i am asking you whether you found your non marinated, unseasoned, grilled fish as
    tasty as a cream cake. I have dictated nothing to you nor poured scorn on any of your
    preferences.
    Proper Knob, upon eating pure meat, finds that it is very tasty.
    Robbie Carrobie, upon eating pure meat, finds that it has no taste whatsoever.

Why go on and on arguing about this? Each has their own subjective experience with meat's taste.

Or is there also an objective reality of meat's taste -- a reality that exists no matter who is tasting the meat?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 17:44
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    Proper Knob, upon eating pure meat, finds that it is very tasty.
    Robbie Carrobie, upon eating pure meat, finds that it has no taste whatsoever.

Why go on and on arguing about this? Each has their own [b]subjective
    experience with meat's taste.

Or is there also an objective reality of meat's taste -- a reality that exists no matter who is tasting the meat?[/b]
    The point I see is that if you don't agree with robbie you can not be a true
    Jehovah's Witness and are therefore damned to eternal death and will not
    be able to live in a pradise earth forever and ever. End of story.
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 20:34
    hey Amo, i dont believe that meat is particularly tasty, in fact, it must be cured and
    seasoned and served with condiments. Its just wrong man to kill stuff. I was
    fishing in a little river near my home and i caught a little trout, i was so saddened
    that the hook had got lodged deep inside where i could not reach it, thankfully i had
    a disg ...[text shortened]... but we are humans and are conscious of inflicting pain,
    therein is where spirituality begins.
    Fish tastes very delicious cooked as well as raw.

Even Jesus has a fishing story.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 20:461 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232

How does it, its smelly and horrible.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 02:17
    But who wants to eat creamy cake all the time? That is why God gave us a variety and many taste buds, etc. Don't you think? Or perhaps you are
    just kidding him.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 02:22
    hey Amo, i dont believe that meat is particularly tasty, in fact, it must be cured and
    seasoned and served with condiments. Its just wrong man to kill stuff. I was
    fishing in a little river near my home and i caught a little trout, i was so saddened
    that the hook had got lodged deep inside where i could not reach it, thankfully i had
    a disg ...[text shortened]... but we are humans and are conscious of inflicting pain,
    therein is where spirituality begins.
    Just out of curiosity, why were you fishing in the first place if you didn't want to injure animals?
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 03:42
    Originally posted by amolv06
    Why did God make them taste so sweet?
    The same reason he made violence so much fun.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 04:24
    preferences.
    This conversation is giving me the munchies. I'm not sure what is in the fridge but whatever it's soon to be history!! 😵
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 04:28
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The same reason he made violence so much fun.
    I've always said, if you shoot it then eat it.......unless its the likes of Gadafi. Just looking at the man my guess is he is not very tasty. 😛
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 04:28
    Originally posted by tomtom232

Yes, but he was very sorry when all the fishies died.
  15. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 04:37
    How does it, its smelly and horrible.
    Only before you gut it and clean it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree