Why did God make them taste so sweet?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 08:241 edit
    Originally posted by amolv06
    Animals can be eaten, just try to reduce suffering if possible either by killing it yourself or by buying it from humane butchers.

I personally think it's a spiritual evolutionary thing. ie. that we will evolve into vegetarians in the future.

As you pointed out they taste great. But other than that, they dont have any other benefits. We can also make vegetables taste great.

So lets weigh up your taste buds vs. the life of an animal. Personally , when I look into an animals eyes I have real trouble eating it afterwards.

Meat eating exposes a lot of peoples personal habits as being just that - habits.
    It is synonymous with other personal improvement issues such as drug taking, over sleeping, being lazy,etc.

edit: i also find this is one topic where we should lead by example and not preach about like Dasa.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 09:411 edit
    Originally posted by amolv06
    hey Amo, i dont believe that meat is particularly tasty, in fact, it must be cured and
    seasoned and served with condiments. Its just wrong man to kill stuff. I was
    fishing in a little river near my home and i caught a little trout, i was so saddened
    that the hook had got lodged deep inside where i could not reach it, thankfully i had
    a disgorger and managed to pry it out, but the little fellow was so traumatised that
    when i put him back in the water that he turned upside down. I was distraught, the
    only contribution i had made to that beautiful little spot was to kill that little dude
    who lived happily in the water before my intrusion. Never the less i was overjoyed
    when my son went over and touched him as he lay stillness in the water, only to turn
    head over fin and dart away, alive and well. The more i perceive of the spiritual
    essence of life the less I can conceive of the need to kill. We perceive around us
    animals killing for survival, but we are humans and are conscious of inflicting pain,
    therein is where spirituality begins.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 12:461 edit
    I guess you people are more moral and spiritual than Jesus Christ himself.

Christ both caught fish:

Luk 5:4 Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.
    Luk 5:5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.
    Luk 5:6 And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.
    Luk 5:7 And they beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink.

.. and ate fish.

Luk 24:41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
    Luk 24:42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
    Luk 24:43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

So you enjoy your meat Mr Amolv and dont worry with the hypocrites who think that their righteousness can ever exceed that of Christ. The Bible says also to eat the blooming animals. Thats what God made them for :

1Ti 4:3 ... commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
    1Ti 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
    1Ti 4:5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 13:10
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    hey Amo, i dont believe that meat is particularly tasty, in fact, it must be cured and
    fishing in a little river near my home and i caught a little trout, i was so saddened
    that the hook had got lodged deep inside where i could not reach it, thankfully i had
    a disg ...[text shortened]... but we are humans and are conscious of inflicting pain,
    Simply wonderful.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 13:121 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I guess you people are more moral and spiritual than Jesus Christ himself.

[b]Christ both caught fish:

Luk 5:4 Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.
    Luk 5:5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless ...[text shortened]... received with thanksgiving:
    1Ti 4:5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
    [/b]
    The Bible was compiled by animal killers.......not God.

So all of that is baseless.

In those days meat meant "sweet meats" ....not meat at all. - but sweets made of milk and sugar.

You are twisting the meaning of words to kill.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 13:44
    Originally posted by Dasa
    The Bible was compiled by animal killers.......not God.

So all of that is baseless.

In those days meat meant "sweet meats" ....not meat at all. - but sweets made of milk and sugar.

You are twisting the meaning of words to kill.
    'Sweet meats' is a East Indian expression that has no existance in the Bible. In the Bible 'meat' means the flesh of animals. Peter had a vision in which he was told to 'kill and eat' animals. But it also had another meaning that Peter should accept the Gentiles as part of Gods plan. Both the literal meaning and spiritual meaning are Biblical and correct:

Act 10:9 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:
    Act 10:10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,
    Act 10:11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
    Act 10:12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
    Act 10:13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
    Act 10:14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
    Act 10:15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 13:46
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Simply wonderful.
    You are most welcome.
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 13:51
    a disg ...[text shortened]... but we are humans and are conscious of inflicting pain,
    it must be cured and seasoned and served with condiments.

Not must, but can.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 13:541 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]it must be cured and seasoned and served with condiments.

Not must, but can.[/b]
    how you know dude? have you bitten into a cows bum? the four legged kind i mean. How did it taste?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 13:55
    how you know dude? have you bitten into a cows bum? the four legged kind i mean. How did it taste?
    I have eaten meat that was neither cured or seasoned.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 13:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have eaten meat that was neither cured or seasoned.
    was it tasty as say a ripe gala melon? or strawberries and cream? or mango ice cream?
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 13:58
    Because i've caught fish and then taken them home and cooked them many times.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 14:00
    was it tasty as say a ripe gala melon? or strawberries and cream? or mango ice cream?
    How is this relevant? You said "[meat] must be cured and seasoned and served with condiments". Not so. That's all.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 14:001 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Because i've caught fish and then taken them home and cooked them many times.
    and so have I, we have a fine tradition of game fishing where i am from, but i cannot
    say that the flesh of itself was particularly tasty. It needed to be seasoned, fried with
    butter or some other fat to carry any flavour.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree