1. Swansea
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 15:32
    I know some people will probably make some jokes about this but they can faff off, for most of my life I have suffered with anxiety and depression and over the past few years it has got to the stage where it makes me sick or feel sick 24/7. I can't go out and I can't have a normal life. I'm at uni at the moment and I can't even get to the lectures or go on nights out like normal students do either. I have to do my shopping online and ask my gf to get me things when I need them. I have been back and forth to the doctors so many times and yet still no progress. I need some help with it but it is hard to get to the doctors somedays so I don't even make some appointments. It is a huge stress on me and my girlfriend too and it needs to be sorted out and for me to be better, so why isn't God doing anything to make me better and causing me to suffer more and more? One of my friends is hugely religious Christian and the other day we were talking about me being ill and she got upset because God wasn't helping me when he should, so anyone got any ideas why this has to happen to me and for God not to make it better?
  2. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 16:16
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    I know some people will probably make some jokes about this but they can faff off, for most of my life I have suffered with anxiety and depression and over the past few years it has got to the stage where it makes me sick or feel sick 24/7. I can't go out and I can't have a normal life. I'm at uni at the moment and I can't even get to the lectures ...[text shortened]... , so anyone got any ideas why this has to happen to me and for God not to make it better?
    Are you seeing a psychologist, or just a regular doc?

Are you on medication?

A single really good friend may prove more helpful than God in this situation.

Good luck.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 16:45

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 16:45
    I know some people will probably make some jokes about this but they can faff off, for most of my life I have suffered with anxiety and depression and over the past few years it has got to the stage where it makes me sick or feel sick 24/7. I can't go out and I can't have a normal life. I'm at uni at the moment and I can't even get to the lectures ...[text shortened]... , so anyone got any ideas why this has to happen to me and for God not to make it better?
    I recommend the book "From Panic to Power" by Lucinda Bassett if you don't already have it.
  5. Swansea
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 16:53
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Are you seeing a psychologist, or just a regular doc?

Are you on medication?

A single really good friend may prove more helpful than God in this situation.

Good luck.
    I have just had one appointment with a psychiatric nurse, but missed my second one cos I was too bad. Im not on any medication right now but I've been trying to get an appointment when I don't feel as bad to get some. I do also talk to the uni counsellor(sp) for extra support too.

At uni I don't really know that many people, my closest friends are at home, apart from my gf but then there's the pressure of her asking me to go out and do things, so I'm a bit stuck on that.
    Thanks
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 17:05

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 17:18
    Are you a Christian?
  8. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 17:37
    I have just had one appointment with a psychiatric nurse, but missed my second one cos I was too bad. Im not on any medication right now but I've been trying to get an appointment when I don't feel as bad to get some. I do also talk to the uni counsellor(sp) for extra support too.

At uni I don't really know that many people, my closest friends ...[text shortened]... the pressure of her asking me to go out and do things, so I'm a bit stuck on that.
    Thanks
    Keep doing that, and make sure you make your appointments. They may not seem to be doing much, but they are probably more helpful than you realise.

Medication for this sort of thing's pretty sophisticated these days.

You're probably better off talking about this sort of thing in a more private forum, you know.
  9. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 17:38
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    lol, now that is funny!
    Yeah. A real riot.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 18:10
    Originally posted by whodey
    Are you a Christian?
    Altar call time!
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 18:43
    so anyone got any ideas why this has to happen to me and for God not to make it better?
    Don't play the blame game. Blaming yourself, God or others will do nothing to change your situation. You need to find inspiration within yourself, friends or even in a God (and I say this as an atheist) to give you strength to see a psychologist and start overcoming your problems.

You need to take the important steps, there's no other way, but others(friends, psychologists, family) can also help you immensely.
  12. Swansea
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 21:12
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I recommend the book "From Panic to Power" by Lucinda Bassett if you don't already have it.
    I don't have that but I will look for it and give it a read, thanks for the suggestion 🙂
  13. Swansea
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 21:16
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    i got caught in a trap and had my life ripped apart.
    Thanks for telling me about this and I'm sorry to hear that has happened to you. I got mugged a couple of years ago and that hasn't made this any easier. If you feel like jail is better for you then maybe stay there, I think we should all live where we want to and have the security of a home that we feel safe in, so if that is your security then you should do that. I'm not saying to go out and commit loads of crimes to stay there but find a way that you can do. I hope everything works out the way you want it to 🙂
  14. Swansea
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 21:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    Are you a Christian?
    No I'm not a Christian but I do believe in a force that has power over what happens in the world. Maybe it's the Christian input into my life that has pushed me to that thinking.
  15. Swansea
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 21:21
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Don't play the blame game. Blaming yourself, God or others will do nothing to change your situation. You need to find inspiration within yourself, friends or even in a God (and I say this as an atheist) to give you strength to see a psychologist and start overcoming your problems.

You need to take the important steps, there's no other way, but others(friends, psychologists, family) can also help you immensely.
    My girlfriend helps me alot and she gets me to do things that I would normally just leave until that option was no longer there. Other than that it is hard to find somebody as I'm at uni and all my friends are back at home who I haven't really seen because I haven't been able to get back to see them. I do see a councellor from the uni but we normally talk about how my work is going and what I'm going to do next.
    I understand what you are saying though and appreciate your input 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree