1. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 18:52
    Originally posted by Will Everitt
    I read Outbursts problem and offered a solution for that. You can't expect the answer to work for every problem. If you start a thread with advice for citizens of Iraq then I may or not post my advice there. It is a different problem altogether.
    I think the solution to much in this forum is to be found in the contemplation of your avatar. It is the quintessential symbol of loving those who hate us, and also wonderful example of how christianity can be used for the foundation for many ideologies.
  2. Standard memberDrWood
    Big Red Sturgeon
    The Specific Ocean
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 03:00
    EO, I feel that I may be able to provide you with an answer or two if you have a question about psychiatry, therapy and medication.

I admit I am not as expert as a Psychiatrist, or possibly as others on this forum but I have some experience and knowledge, which may be as good as you will get until you are more well and able to keep appointments.

If you would like to PM I would be happy to hear from you.
  3. Cosmos
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 03:381 edit
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    I know some people will probably make some jokes about this but they can faff off, for most of my life I have suffered with anxiety and depression and over the past few years it has got to the stage where it makes me sick or feel sick 24/7. I can't go out and I can't have a normal life. I'm at uni at the moment and I can't even get to the lectures , so anyone got any ideas why this has to happen to me and for God not to make it better?
    There is no God of course.

However, there are recognised post-viral syndromes which can lead to depression, lack of motivation and headaches in the fittest of people.
    Did you have a cold, or flu which triggered the whole thing?

http://www.ncf-net.org/library/goudsmit.html
  4. Cosmos
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 03:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    Well, let me just say that faith is a wonderful thing to have. It makes you realize that a higher poweer is indeed ultimatly in control. Control is but an illusion. Any control that you may have in your present situation to turn things around was given to you. Realizing this makes you look at things differently and you begin to stop focusing soley on you ...[text shortened]... e about it, you do have a purpose. I challenge you to pursue finding out what your purpose is.
    Do you spot the contradiction in your babblings, Whookey?

"a higher poweer is indeed ultimatly (sic) in control."
    "the illness can be caused by a wide range of problems from chemical imbalances to continual negative thinking."

Make your mind up, if you have one.
  5. RDU NC
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 13:02
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Do you spot the contradiction in your babblings, Whookey?

"a higher poweer is indeed ultimatly (sic) in control."
    "the illness can be caused by a wide range of problems from chemical imbalances to continual negative thinking."

Make your mind up, if you have one.
    i see no contradiction here. a higher power could used these other things. either through allowance or ordination.

a stream can flood and destroy a house, but the source could be from higher up... like rain in the mountains.

try to be a little less 2 dimensional. whether or not one agrees with whodey's position does not mean his logic is wrong.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 14:05
    Originally posted by Big Mac
    i see no contradiction here. a higher power could used these other things. either through allowance or ordination.

a stream can flood and destroy a house, but the source could be from higher up... like rain in the mountains.

try to be a little less 2 dimensional. whether or not one agrees with whodey's position does not mean his logic is wrong.
    Thanks. Yea, I agree with what you stated. It is indeed a three dimensional world and not a two dimensional one. I just came here to give advice about something I personally have struggled with and told him what has helped me. I came in peace to help someone, not to start any nonsensical arguements.
  7. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 14:40
    Thanks. Yea, I agree with what you stated. It is indeed a three dimensional world and not a two dimensional one. I just came here to give advice about something I personally have struggled with and told him what has helped me. I came in peace to help someone, not to start any nonsensical arguements.
    If a there is a three dimensional cube that exists for no time at all then does it even exist at all?

We live in a four (or more) dimensional world.
  8. Cosmos
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 14:58
    So you think that God causes "chemical imbalances and continual negative thinking"?

Funny thing is I thought we had free will according to you God Botherers.
  9. RDU NC
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 19:42
    Originally posted by Will Everitt
    If a there is a three dimensional cube that exists for no time at all then does it even exist at all?

We live in a four (or more) dimensional world.
    been reading orson wells lately?
  10. RDU NC
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 19:45
    So you think that God causes "chemical imbalances and continual negative thinking"?

Funny thing is I thought we had free will according to you God Botherers.
    how does free will relate to outside circumstances? we didn't choose our parents or any other part of our birth experience. "into this world were born. into this world were thrown." (sorry couldn't miss the opp to quote jim)

i'm not a free will god botherer. i'm a sovereignty god worshipper.

however, if this is a chemical imbalance, i don't see how the person could possibly have "free-willed" it. but that doesn't mean that perhaps some sort of sovereign can't remove it or help cope with it.
  11. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 20:41
    been reading orson wells lately?
    Not at all.

Been reading H.G. Wells though.

Invisible Man, Island of Dr Moreau, short stories and of course The Time Machine.

One day I will give "A Modern Utopia" a go it is sitting on my bookshelf waiting for me after I have finished everything I am reading.
  12. Cosmos
    Moves
    06 Jun '06 01:32
    how does free will relate to outside circumstances? we didn't choose our parents or any other part of our birth experience. "into this world were born. into this world were thrown." (sorry couldn't miss the opp to quote jim)

i'm not a free will god botherer. i'm a sovereignty god worshipper.

however, if this is a chemical imbalance, i don't see how the ...[text shortened]... oesn't mean that perhaps some sort of sovereign can't remove it or help cope with it.
    I am obviously going to have to explain the contradiction to someone with the intellectual capability of a pea, so here goes:

How can we have Free will, if God ultimately controls everything?
  13. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    06 Jun '06 02:10
    I am obviously going to have to explain the contradiction to someone with the intellectual capability of a pea, so here goes:

How can we have Free will, if God ultimately controls everything?
    God don't control everything, He gives us free will. This is Satan's planet (since God dont live with sin because he is perfect and pure). Jesus provides a way of escape from this planet that is heading towards destruction.
  14. Cosmos
    Moves
    06 Jun '06 04:42
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    God don't control everything, He gives us free will. This is Satan's planet (since God dont live with sin because he is perfect and pure). Jesus provides a way of escape from this planet that is heading towards destruction.
    I can almost hear the hill-billy drawl in your voice.....

"Gawd Dawnt controwl Evrythang"

Do you mean; 'God doesn't control everything'?

You make Jesus sound like a space commander pilotting a rocket into space.

Get back to licking you sister's nether regions and leave the debating to those possessing brains.
  15. Joined
    06 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Jun '06 04:42
    Hi dude....I would jst like to recommend a Poem called (Fooprints in the Sand) it is a very well known and well written poem and may serve to help you understand more the way that GOD works......Good Luck🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree