1. Swansea
    Moves
    07 Jun '06 22:34
    Thanks for all the answers so far 🙂

I have a bible in my uni room so ill find that out tomorrow and read that.

I didn't have a scan but it was only a small bump, just a few paper stitches that's all. I don't know if that could have effected this, but I'm not a doctor so I don't know for sure.
  2. Cosmos
    Moves
    08 Jun '06 05:34
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    Thanks for all the answers so far 🙂

I have a bible in my uni room so ill find that out tomorrow and read that.

I didn't have a scan but it was only a small bump, just a few paper stitches that's all. I don't know if that could have effected this, but I'm not a doctor so I don't know for sure.
    That's why you should have a scan and get it checked!

Don't bother wasting your time reading the book of lies.
  3. Swansea
    Moves
    09 Jun '06 20:35
    Originally posted by howardgee
    That's why you should have a scan and get it checked!

Don't bother wasting your time reading the book of lies.
    Thing is it's hard for me to get out, especially to the hospital where I don't know where it is and it is unfamiliar to me which makes it worse for me. I may follow this up when I move back home in the summer, but what will happen if nothing shows up?
  4. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '06 21:08
    Thing is it's hard for me to get out, especially to the hospital where I don't know where it is and it is unfamiliar to me which makes it worse for me. I may follow this up when I move back home in the summer, but what will happen if nothing shows up?
    Ignore HowardGee. He's just winding you up. What you are going through now has nothing to do with that.

Just concentrate on keeping your appointments, perhaps ask about possible medication, and focus on the good things in your life (art, girlfriend, friends, etc.). And try to stay active.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    09 Jun '06 21:08
    At least it will be something less to worry about.
  6. Cosmos
    Moves
    10 Jun '06 06:35
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Ignore HowardGee. He's just winding you up. What you are going through now has nothing to do with that.

Just concentrate on keeping your appointments, perhaps ask about possible medication, and focus on the good things in your life (art, girlfriend, friends, etc.). And try to stay active.
    No I am not. I am deadly serious.
  7. Swansea
    Moves
    12 Jun '06 22:38
    Originally posted by howardgee
    No I am not. I am deadly serious.
    Well I'm not sure that will solve anything as what will happen if a bang on the head has caused my illness? How could they sure it?
  8. Joined
    11 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '06 02:55
    God lets us go through certain circumstances because sometimes we're not behaving the proper way. Don't expect GOD to be 'nice' to you if you're disobeying him.
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '04
    Moves
    13 Jun '06 14:37
    I know some people will probably make some jokes about this but they can faff off, for most of my life I have suffered with anxiety and depression and over the past few years it has got to the stage where it makes me sick or feel sick 24/7. I can't go out and I can't have a normal life.
    Situations and people can sometimes frighten us, and the fear magnifies itself within us, when you are afraid and envision all that could go wrong, the fear grows, sometimes a tiny bit of anxiety
    can mulitiply, until it is paralyzing, and we stop all actions, we have become out of sync with reality, during times of stress the fear can become a barrier that prevents one from fullfilling our potential causing us to miss out on lifes changes that can be rewarding. We are sometimes faced with a huge amount of negative thoughts, one needs to walk through them slowly without playing them out in our minds, most often we emerge on the other side wondering why we assumed the worst.
    As you spend time worrying that the worst could happen, it wont happen at all. walking through fear is challenging, start small, and each step you take into fear will strengthen you and help you
    face future fears with confidence. When facing our fears you will often find that you will then see the support you are searching for, and when you see the accomplishments that you can attain your faith in yourself will grow this will allow the next step to be easier.

gil
  10. Swansea
    Moves
    13 Jun '06 15:31
    Originally posted by LYPZONE
    God lets us go through certain circumstances because sometimes we're not behaving the proper way. Don't expect GOD to be 'nice' to you if you're disobeying him.
    I'm not disobeying him at all 😠 some idiots out there commit loads of crimes and terrorise people and they still have their health so why shouldn't I have mine when I have done nothing wrong?
  11. Swansea
    Moves
    13 Jun '06 15:33
    Thanks Gil for your reply 🙂 I know that this has escalated over the years and it is hard to get out of. Like a cycle that vannot be stopped, I know it will be hard to get through this, but I just need something to get me out of the cycle so I can move on from it.
  12. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    13 Jun '06 16:54
    John.9

[1] And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
    [2] And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
    [3] Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '06 17:33
    I believe Job went through hardships as well, granted much worse than the posters situation, and was judged much the same by his friends. I would be careful to be put in the same boat with his friends because God later chastised them for their unrighteous judgement of Job. Just because we encounter sickness, poverty, ect does not mean necessarily that we did something to "deserve" it. We live in a world of sin and therefore we are subject to veroius forms of suffering whether we "deserve" it or not. Just look at the life of Christ. It says in scripture he was acquanted with grief and a man of many sorrows. Then they tortured and killed him. What did he do to deserve such a fate?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '06 17:501 edit
    Originally posted by dottewell

Yes, he is challenging to ignore at times is'nt he? What Dottewell is saying about keeping yourself busy is part of what I was trying to tell you in my previous thread. Depression, at least from my experience, is very narcissistic and draws you inward. If you stay busy and focus on others, this impulse becomes diminished to be drawn inward.

I would also advise you to consider giving your life to Christ. Of coarse I am partial to Christianity due to the fact that God helped me through this dark period in my life and helped me to see many truths such as this. Perhaps if you give your life to him, he can help you see things that will help you as well. Keep in mind though, it is not a quick fix, or at least not usually. Rather, it is a road that must be traveled, but preferably not alone. Even though you may have people around you to help, you often feel alone despite this. With God as your friend, however, this need not be the case.
  15. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    13 Jun '06 20:00
    I know some people will probably make some jokes about this but they can faff off, for most of my life I have suffered with anxiety and depression and over the past few years it has got to the stage where it makes me sick or feel sick 24/7. I can't go out and I can't have a normal life. I'm at uni at the moment and I can't even get to the lectures ...[text shortened]... , so anyone got any ideas why this has to happen to me and for God not to make it better?
    Before I say anything let me first say that I don't want you to get the impression I am being harsh or unsympathetic to you in any way.

The fact that you say "why does this have to happen to me" is interesting because it suggests you are being singled out in some way (by God?). You need to get to the source of your anxiety and depression and find out which thoughts and beliefs are not helping you here. Taking responsibility for your depression is also vital (NOT the same as self blame or saying 'its all my fault'😉 as this will empower you. God is helping you but is not able to do anything to solve this completely without your help because he is committed to your free will. It's a team thing really. You have to do your bit and educate your self as to what that is. There are probably childhood issues there as well.Hope this helps

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree