1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 22:10
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    My girlfriend helps me alot and she gets me to do things that I would normally just leave until that option was no longer there. Other than that it is hard to find somebody as I'm at uni and all my friends are back at home who I haven't really seen because I haven't been able to get back to see them. I do see a councellor from the uni but we norma ...[text shortened]... I'm going to do next.
    I understand what you are saying though and appreciate your input 🙂
    What's your girlfriend look like? Is she pretty hot? You know that can cure a multitude of ailments.
  2. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 22:16
    I know some people will probably make some jokes about this but they can faff off, for most of my life I have suffered with anxiety and depression and over the past few years it has got to the stage where it makes me sick or feel sick 24/7. I can't go out and I can't have a normal life. I'm at uni at the moment and I can't even get to the lectures ...[text shortened]... , so anyone got any ideas why this has to happen to me and for God not to make it better?
    My wife has suffered from anxiety problems for many years. At times she's been an absolute wreck - pysically as well as mentally.
    She found some solace in regular visits to a psychologist, but it was medication that really helped.
    You really should look at both options.
    I mean, what';s the worst thing that can happen? Neither of them work and you're no worse off than you are now. The alternative is you get your life back. That's got to be worth some effort.

Good luck.
  3. Swansea
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 22:28
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    What's your girlfriend look like? Is she pretty hot? You know that can cure a multitude of ailments.
    Yeh she is actually lol
    But that won't cure this with just that im afraid to say....
  4. Swansea
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 22:29
    Originally posted by amannion
    My wife has suffered from anxiety problems for many years. At times she's been an absolute wreck - pysically as well as mentally.
    She found some solace in regular visits to a psychologist, but it was medication that really helped.
    You really should look at both options.
    I mean, what';s the worst thing that can happen? Neither of them work and you're no w ...[text shortened]... The alternative is you get your life back. That's got to be worth some effort.

Good luck.
    Thanks for letting me know about that, would you be able to tell me what medication she was on in a PM, just incase 'drugs' are a banned subject?
    I am trying to get to the doctors to get medication but it is hard at the moment, thanks again for your help 🙂
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 22:43
    Yeh she is actually lol
    But that won't cure this with just that im afraid to say....
    I've been in therapy off and on in my life. One of the things I have enjoyed immensely of late, and believe it or not, have gained some strength from is listening to Howard Stern talk about his trips to see his psychiatrist. He (Stern) readily talks about his hang-ups and struggles with relating to people and what a miserable childhood he had.

I'll give you an example. He was going off in one session and his psychaitrist said to him, "You know, not everything that you think is important to you is really important." Upon hearing this I was able to go through a stressful day and say to myself "I don't have to take this crap on."

Most psychiatrist don't do "therapy" per say. You sound like you may need some meds on board to get you through this phase and give you some perspective.
  6. Swansea
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 23:01
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    You sound like you may need some meds on board to get you through this phase and give you some perspective.
    Yeh I think it is best to try some and then I might be able to get out abit more, making life a bit more normal than it is at the moment, and also enable me to get out to see the psychiatric nurse a bit easier.

I have heard of Howard Stern before and I will try and see if I can get hold of those interviews.

Thanks
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 23:461 edit
    No I'm not a Christian but I do believe in a force that has power over what happens in the world. Maybe it's the Christian input into my life that has pushed me to that thinking.
    Well, let me just say that faith is a wonderful thing to have. It makes you realize that a higher poweer is indeed ultimatly in control. Control is but an illusion. Any control that you may have in your present situation to turn things around was given to you. Realizing this makes you look at things differently and you begin to stop focusing soley on yourself and your own power over your circumstances. I think this is one of the keys to overcoming depression/anxiety. The illness is very narcissistic, or at least the struggles I have had with depression have shown to be so. The problem is that the illness can be caused by a wide range of problems from chemical imbalances to continual negative thinking. Just remember that there is no magic bullet, if that is what you are looking for. Recovery is a process, and it is a road that you must travel. The key is not to travel this road alone and to not continually focus on yourself and your problems/fears. This can be done with medical help, freindships, family, and a personal relationship with your creator. I say use every venue at your disposal. Also don't look at your current sufferings as a set back. Look at it as a chance to learn more about yourself and about the reason God put you here. Make no mistake about it, you do have a purpose. I challenge you to pursue finding out what your purpose is.
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 01:281 edit
    Yeh I think it is best to try some and then I might be able to get out abit more, making life a bit more normal than it is at the moment, and also enable me to get out to see the psychiatric nurse a bit easier.

I have heard of Howard Stern before and I will try and see if I can get hold of those interviews.

Thanks
    What's that psychiatric nurse look like? See, I'm trying to get you to look at the possibilities all around you. Depressed people don't take things in like undepressed people.

Have you played any chess with Mokko?
  9. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 13:07
    I don't have that but I will look for it and give it a read, thanks for the suggestion 🙂
    You might want to read "The Anatomy of Depression" by Prof Wolpert too, if not read already.
  10. Swansea
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 15:34
    Thanks Whodey for that insight into it 🙂
    I would like to think my purpose was to create art and fashion for people as my career and make people happy in my personal life but I guess we can not tell this for definate until it happens.

Kirksey- the nurse is nice for her age, about 40 I say as she did mention her having a 20yr old.

rhb- I have read that one either, but I shall start to make a list I guess and read in the summer.

Thanks all 🙂
  11. The sky
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 16:38
    I don't personally believe that everything which happens to us happens for a reason or purpose (I don't believe in a god), but I believe that we can give most things which happen to us some meaning ourselves (although that can be very difficult, and it may often not be possible while you are going through it, but rather in retrospect). You are an artist; I think that might be a good place to start. If you manage to express some of what you are going through in your art, it will make your art deeper - and at the same time, expressing yourself in arts can be quite therapeutic.
  12. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 16:50
    I know some people will probably make some jokes about this but they can faff off, for most of my life I have suffered with anxiety and depression and over the past few years it has got to the stage where it makes me sick or feel sick 24/7. I can't go out and I can't have a normal life. I'm at uni at the moment and I can't even get to the lectures ...[text shortened]... , so anyone got any ideas why this has to happen to me and for God not to make it better?
    Well I'm going to give you my view now even if it is one may people may disagree with.

There is no God.

You are going to need to sort out your problems yourself. Do more things that you enjoy and that make you happy, think about positives more and look forward to things. Smile and try to enjoy situations. Always see the positive. Also try to help people out and make them happy, never in a way that will make you worse off but that can help even if it does sound a strange way of going about it.

Also I have read a few Buddhist books. I do not consider myself to be one for many reasons but they can help provide a new way of looking at a situation and they may help even if it is only in a small way.

Good luck.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 16:541 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 16:56

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 18:30
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    ok, so what about people like in iraq with america going through there. how would they deal with their personal situation, when they have been constantly battered with fear. how are they meant to deal with a similar type of medical problem, cause i don't think much of what is said in this thread would be of much use to them.
    I read Outbursts problem and offered a solution for that. You can't expect the answer to work for every problem. If you start a thread with advice for citizens of Iraq then I may or not post my advice there. It is a different problem altogether.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree