A journey requires a destination.
    We are always going home.
  2. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 13:49
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Because I desire to live. As I have said before.

Do plants know the meaning of thier lives? Why dont they all commit suicide?
    Because I desire to live.

Why?
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 13:51
    Originally posted by Halitose
    I disagree. It seems to me that experience of the journey is enough, and there need be no destination. Even if you called death the destination, it is only the cessation of the journey and unimportant to the experience of travelling.
  4. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 13:53
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    That's your problem. But your problem interests me. Why are you unable to be happy unless you have a reason to be so?
    We both agree that there are many things that cause happiness. I think you should be the one who explains how it can be uncaused.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 13:58
    We both agree that there are many things that cause happiness. I think you should be the one who explains how it can be uncaused.
    It's an experience. I don't know how to explain it. Don't you ever just feel happy? Are you so super-cerebral you can't relate to what I'm saying intuitively?
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 14:01
    Not true. A journey only aquires a destination after the journey is complete. Untill then it is only an intended destination. If you plan to go somewhere but dont get there does it mean that you never went on a journey?

For some, the search for truth (and meaning) should be a never-ending quest (which btw, is an oxymoron) -- the free wind of inquiry must always blow in the mind -- “To travel hopefully is better than to arrive.”
    why the use of 'should' above?
    And your quotes actually contradict your origional destination statement.

– whether, after all, there may be some meaning to our existence or purpose in our design?
    I already know the answer and it is that we there is no meaning to our existence or purpose in our design.
  7. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 14:222 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Not true. A journey only aquires a destination after the journey is complete. Untill then it is only an intended destination. If you plan to go somewhere but dont get there does it mean that you never went on a journey?

[b]For some, the search for truth (and meaning) should be a never-ending quest (which btw, is an oxymoron) -- the free wind of inquiry ow the answer and it is that we there is no meaning to our existence or purpose in our design.
    [/b][/b]A journey only aquires(sic) a destination after the journey is complete. Untill(sic) then it is only an intended destination.

You've got a bald spot showing. Should I get you a toupee? 😴

If you plan to go somewhere but dont(sic) get there does it mean that you never went on a journey?

It means you failed in your journey. 😕

And your quotes actually contradict your origional(sic) destination statement.

And they should. I was giving the alternative view.

I already know the answer and it is that we there is no meaning to our existence or purpose in our design.

Frankly, I never saw this one coming. 🙄 Would you care to elaborate on how you acquired this profound insight and how you could be so certain of the dazzling result?
  8. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 14:23
    [/b]A journey only aquires(sic) a destination after the journey is complete. Untill(sic) then it is only an intended destination.
    Your use of sic is so pedantic it hurts. Are you doing it on purpose?
  9. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 14:27
    Originally posted by Starrman
    I disagree. It seems to me that experience of the journey is enough, and there need be no destination. Even if you called death the destination, it is only the cessation of the journey and unimportant to the experience of travelling.
    Then frankly, it's not a journey. If there is no destination, there is no direction. If there is no direction then there is no movement.
  10. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 14:282 edits
    Your use of sic is so pedantic it hurts. Are you doing it on purpose?
    Only when hurt. Sickening(sic). 😀
  11. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 14:33
    It's an experience. I don't know how to explain it. Don't you ever just feel happy? Are you so super-cerebral you can't relate to what I'm saying intuitively?
    In my (cerebral) experience, it is always caused. You sure you are not confusing contentment with happiness?
  12. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 14:361 edit
    In my (cerebral) experience, it is always caused. You sure you are not confusing contentment with happiness?
    I am not confusing anything with anything. I am talking about happiness...bliss...which I have experienced on a few occasions, although not as often as I'd have liked. --Does your cerebrum like being in charge? Is it properly connected to your heart?
  13. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 14:39
    Then frankly, it's not a journey. If there is no destination, there is no direction. If there is no direction then there is no movement.
    Nonsense, you don't define the journey by its finish point and you certainly don't define the direction of it by that either. Knowing where you are going and getting there are different things; my journey has no known finish point, but it is a journey nonetheless and one which has meaning, since I experience upon the journey and seek out new places. As I said before, the search for meaning is enough meaning in itself.
  14. London
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 14:41
    I am not confusing anything with anything. I am talking about happiness...bliss...which I have experienced on a few occasions, although not as often as I'd have liked.
    What were you smoking?

😀
  15. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 14:43
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    What were you smoking?

😀
    That is pleasure for pleasure's sake.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree