If the flood happened, why are the oceans salty?

If the flood happened, why are the oceans salty?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Jun 12

Originally posted by humy
so?
How do you thonk the seas and the oceans got salty, if not from dissolved salt?

h

Moves
05 Jun 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
How do you thonk the seas and the oceans got salty, if not from dissolved salt?
Did I say/imply that the sea didn't get salty from dissolved salt? -answer, no.

Are you still claiming here that there are salt deposits in the ocean?

Or are you still claiming here that salt deposits “explains” why there is salt in the sea?

Or have you now backtracked on the two above claims?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Jun 12

Did I say/imply that the sea didn't get salty from dissolved salt? -answer, no.

Are you still claiming here that there are salt deposits in the ocean?

Or are you still claiming here that salt deposits “explains” why there is salt in the sea?

Or have you now backtracked on the two above claims?
Where did the salt come from that is dissolved in the oceans and seas?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Jun 12
1 edit

The salt presently in the ocean came from water seeping though massive mineral deposits which included NaCl among many others and ended up in the ocean as the original salinity.

Of course through millions of years and land upheavals the early oceans evaporated in spots and left concentrated salt deposits which then got covered with deposits of land.

New oceans came in and started depositing dead ocean critters by the trillions on the newly made ocean covering up the old deposits, then further uplifting brings those deposits to the surface in some places on Earth and buried in other places, leaving deposits of pure NaCl a mile deep or more where the ocean disappeared permanently there, deep deposits now found in the midwest and other places.

Of course that took millions of years and I am sure you will rationalize that one away too and decide it all happened in less than 10,000 years but that is your problem not mine. I see reality as it is not your fantasy world.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Jun 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
The salt presently in the ocean came from water seeping though massive mineral deposits which included NaCl among many others and ended up in the ocean as the original salinity.

Of course through millions of years and land upheavals the early oceans evaporated in spots and left concentrated salt deposits which then got covered with deposits of land.
...[text shortened]... n 10,000 years but that is your problem not mine. I see reality as it is not your fantasy world.
The worldwide flood made the oceans more salty than they were before the flood just for the reason you mentioned and fish adapted to this increase is salt in the water. However, this did not take millions of years as you have been indoctrinated to believe without proof. You would rather believe that fairy tale for grownups rather than the truth from God because you do not want to be accountable for your actions.

h

Moves
05 Jun 12
4 edits

Mainly from slightly acidic water ( because rain water has some carbonic acid in it ) erosion of rocks that chemically separates the sodium, potassium and chlorine from rock by changing it into salts that are then washed down to the sea.
Some vasly-smaller amounts comes more directly from volcanism.

None originated from salt deposits ( unless those salt deposits originated from salt in the sea ) because salt deposits generally originated from the salt in the sea and not the other way around. So salt deposits can never explain why all the seas are salty.

Insistently, these processes that put salt in the sea are EXTREMELY slow and it would have to take many hundreds of millions if not necessarily billions of years for enough salt in the sea to accumulate to produce the current high salt concentration in the sea given the huge volume of water water there is in the sea.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Jun 12

Mainly from slightly acidic water ( because rain water has some carbonic acid in it ) erosion of rocks that chemically separates the sodium, potassium and chlorine from rock by changing it into salts that are then washed down to the sea.
Some vasly-smaller amounts comes more directly from volcanism.

None originated from salt deposits ( unless those salt de ...[text shortened]... ent high salt concentration in the sea given the huge volume of water water there is in the sea.
It does not take billions of years. It only takes a worldwide flood.

h

Moves
05 Jun 12
5 edits

It does not take billions of years. It only takes a worldwide flood.
No.

A worldwide flood, no matter how massive, could not chemically extract enough salt from the rocks to account for all the vast amount of salt in the sea AND do so in less than, say, one million years. That would chemically and physically be impossible because these processes simply take too long.

To get a very vague idea of how slow, if you taste river water, does it taste salty? Answer, no ( or very rarely ) . And yet there is some salt there from chemical rock erosion. But it would have to be in very small amounts for you to not taste it! That gives you a vague idea of how long it would take for the salt from river water etc to produce all the current salt in the sea -slightly more specifically, a very VERY LONG time! We are definitely talking a few billions of years! It would be absurd for this to happen in just, say, 100,000 years.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Jun 12

No.

A worldwide flood, no matter how massive, could not chemically extract enough salt from the rocks to account for all the vast amount of salt in the sea AND do so in less than, say, one million years. That would chemically and physically be impossible because these processes simply take too long.

To get a very vague idea of how slow, if you taste ri ...[text shortened]... king a few billions of years! It would be absurd for this to happen in just, say, 100,000 years.
Put salt in a bowl of water and see how long it takes to dissolve.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Jun 12

You don't get the part that the salt in the oceans came from ROCKS in the first place? Before there were oceans there were NO salt deposits. Get it yet? Or will you just you cognitive dissonance rule your brain yet again and rationalize it all out so the boo boo won't hurt?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Jun 12

You don't get the part that the salt in the oceans came from ROCKS in the first place? Before there were oceans there were NO salt deposits. Get it yet? Or will you just you cognitive dissonance rule your brain yet again and rationalize it all out so the boo boo won't hurt?
At the same time God made the rocks he made the seas. So what is the problem? Haven't you ever heard of rock salt? The seas were not very salty until the flood when the great deep broke up. Do you remember the wife in the Holy Bible that was turned into a pillar of salt? It can happen.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Jun 12

At the same time God made the rocks he made the seas. So what is the problem? Haven't you ever heard of rock salt? The seas were not very salty until the flood when the great deep broke up. Do you remember the wife in the Holy Bible that was turned into a pillar of salt? It can happen.
My last sentence in that post was the proof you are under the control of 3000 year dead puppet masters who invented your god and made self fulfilling prophecies to make it all seem to come from that man made god.

How does it feel to be a puppet on a 4000 year old string? Not that you are the only one, they captured a billion or so alive in the world today and a few more billion already dead.

h

Moves
05 Jun 12
1 edit

it is not a matter of how long it takes salt to dissolve but how long it takes for that salt to be produced in the first place from rock erosion so that it CAN be dissolved because this latter process, unlike the process of salt dissolving, takes a very long time and would have to take a few billion years to take into account the massive quantities of salt currently in the oceans -there is physically no way around that.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Jun 12

My last sentence in that post was the proof you are under the control of 3000 year dead puppet masters who invented your god and made self fulfilling prophecies to make it all seem to come from that man made god.

How does it feel to be a puppet on a 4000 year old string? Not that you are the only one, they captured a billion or so alive in the world today and a few more billion already dead.
I think you are making wild speculations. However, I am content in believing I am under only one master and that is Christ the Lord. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!

t

Moves
05 Jun 12
1 edit

No.

To get a very vague idea of how slow, if you taste ri ...[text shortened]... king a few billions of years! It would be absurd for this to happen in just, say, 100,000 years.
I dont think it takes that long for salt to be made from rocks? salt is naci the ci is the chlorine molecule that's everywhere, I dont think all the salt come from a rock? Also i can't believe i'm talking about salt