1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 00:53
    Originally posted by chaney3
    This goes back to the 'Creator' question I asked you in a different thread.
    I believe in a Creator based on my OWN evidence.....and it's not for any consolation or comfort....I just think things, and humans were created. And that is a 'neutral Creator', which has no personality or character...yet. The issue is attaching morals, character and personality to ...[text shortened]... er I can digest to the already present Creator.
    Again, I'm specifically commenting on point #4.
    You believe this creator to be a god, correct?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 01:20
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You believe this creator to be a god, correct?
    Yes I do. But not so sure anymore if the God described in the bible is who that is.

I realize that you don't like that answer, but it's honest and where I stand today.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 01:581 edit
    This goes back to the 'Creator' question I asked you in a different thread.
    I believe in a Creator based on my OWN evidence.....and it's not for any consolation or comfort....I just think things, and humans were created. And that is a 'neutral Creator', which has no personality or character...yet. The issue is attaching morals, character and personality to ...[text shortened]... er I can digest to the already present Creator.
    Again, I'm specifically commenting on point #4.
    If you have a notion of a "creator" but there is no specific revelation that you believe in, and no instructions that you think have been handed down to humans, no particular supernaturally authored code to live by, and no schedule of rewards and punishments, then I don't see how you can, for any practical intents and purposes, be described as having a "religion". Just saying you have your "OWN evidence" does not, to my way of thinking, constitute "religion".

You have - I think - admitted that you are only interested in Christianity and that this is so because of how you were brought up, so I would suggest that you are 'suffering' (so to speak) from some sort of belief gap between what you currently believe and what your upbringing and environment makes you feel you ought to believe, and this makes you uncomfortable and rootless in some way. It is a kind of pressure, whether you acknowledge it or not, and you seek relief.

Regardless of whether there are some less appealing lumpy bits in the Christianity box you're trying to fold yourself up and cram yourself into, your ultimate objective [whether you recognize it or not] is to gain consolation, comfort and purpose ~ and, as I see it, lay any genuine spiritual curiosity you may have had to rest once and for all.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 02:381 edit
    Yes I do. But not so sure anymore if the God described in the bible is who that is.

I realize that you don't like that answer, but it's honest and where I stand today.
    There is nothing wrong with any answer you give as long as it is the truth. My issue with you has been your pretence at being a Christian or an almost Christian when you were first here and using that stance to draw other Christians into discussion under a false pretence. Just say what you honestly are or think and that is fine, of course.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 02:431 edit

Be honest with yourself and if you choose to seek the Christian God then be honest with him also. I have said this before; you will not find God in this forum and you are unlikely to find answers to anything else either. This is a place discussion and generally arguing over doctrine and religious ethics or morality.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 09:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think Rank outsider's list would be interesting to anyone who has come to realize that sonship's God figure is completely different from yours.

And his dissection of sonship's 'torturer God' theology is perhaps as astute as any I have seen here. I think the contribution is interesting given that there is a great deal of less interesting stuff on this forum that it is vying with, 🙂
    I agree, but all 10 have the same theme 🙂
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 09:28
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I don't believe eternal torture is for anyone, not even Satan. It will just take longer for him to burn. He will be ashes too.
    Quite likely. We dont know the whole story about that era.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 09:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    sonship has of course admitted that it makes his "Christian life easier" to know that his "enemies" will be tortured for eternity.
    So much for 'love your enemies" 😀
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 09:30
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I agree, but all 10 have the same theme 🙂
    As you may be aware, I'm not one to shirk from saying more or less the same thing 10 times, if I feel the need. 😉
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 02:41
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Not the ten I'd agree with, but you can count...so proud of ya on that point!
    Proud enough to award me a gold star?! 🙂
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 04:02
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Proud enough to award me a gold star?! 🙂
    Silver
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 10:35
    If the Lord Jesus were to pick His top 10 topics He would like us to discuss
    and get right what do you think they would be?
    1, it's really funny how humans think I give a crap about them.

2, the Aldeberans are MUCH more worshipfull than Earthlings

3, the folks on Sirius 3 are ruining their planet, just like Earthlings

4, I wonder why the ones on Andromeda don't like me

5, I thought I made them a great planet

6, they hate me though

7, WHY? WHY? WHY?

8, should I dump this universe down the drain and start a new one?

9, I have been at this way too long, I need a vacation.

10, is that another god I see out there? Hello?
  13. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 21:461 edit
    If the Lord Jesus were to pick His top 10 topics He would like us to discuss
    and get right what do you think they would be?
    Why do we save the whales, dos, cats, etc. and slaughter our unborn?

If we want to value life, don't you think it should start with humanity!
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 22:58
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Why do we save the whales, dos, cats, etc. and slaughter our unborn?

If we want to value life, don't you think it should start with humanity!
    If we want to value life ... we should start with life.
  15. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    29 Jul '16 00:07
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    If we want to value life ... we should start with life.
    true enough

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree