1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 05:46
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    ...What would you say/ask/tell the big chap ?

Let's say he exist (sorry athiests), and you actually met him/her/it....What would your first sensible/legible words be ?
    In the immortal words of a song by Mercyme

....what will my heart feel, will I stand in your presence, or to my knees will I fall? Will I shout halelelua! or will I be able to speak at all, I can only imagine.....
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 05:46
    One day I will. Cant wait!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 05:48
    I also want to meet Jesus and the holy spirit.
  4. Gangster Land
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 06:17
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Thank you God I can stand before you in [b] perfect peace. I stand before you clothed in the blood of Jesus Christ, my only righteous covering and the only basis upon which I can appear before your holiness.

Thank you Father. I love you.[/b]
    Sycophant...

You want to see God vomit, or something?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 12:52
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    Sycophant...

You want to see God vomit, or something?
    he's speaking in terms of the bible
    jesus's blood is not, IMO, red stuff loaded with oxygen that helps us live...
    rather, it's pure sinlessness...
    being washed in the blood of Christ means to say that we have been cleansed of our sins
  6. Gangster Land
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 16:18
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30
    he's speaking in terms of the bible
    jesus's blood is not, IMO, red stuff loaded with oxygen that helps us live...
    rather, it's pure sinlessness...
    being washed in the blood of Christ means to say that we have been cleansed of our sins
    I was actually referring to the sickening sweet language he choose to use...but, yeah, "clothed in blood" is pretty gross too.
  7. Joined
    18 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 17:16

Let's say he exist (sorry athiests), and you actually met him/her/it....What would your first sensible/legible words be ?
    You can't get anything right, can you?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 18:44
    I was actually referring to the sickening sweet language he choose to use...but, yeah, "clothed in blood" is pretty gross too.
    oh
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 21:491 edit
    If you think being "clothed in the blood of Jesus" is gross,
    I would caution you that to stand before God "clothed" in your history of sins, iniquities, transgressions, and offenses is far nastier.

I simply mean that we can have boldness before an eternal holy and righteous God because of the effective redemptive work of His Son on the cross for our reconciliation.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 21:561 edit
    Originally posted by LisaNova
    I also want to meet Jesus and the holy spirit.
    If you want to meet Jesus and the Holy Spirit ask Jesus to forgive all of your sins and come into your heart.

Ask once. And then thank Him that it is done. You do not need to beg. You do not need to do anything except acknowledge that you are a helpless and condemned sinner without Him.

Receive Him and call upon Him as "Lord Jesus." Talk to Him, calling Him Lord Jesus.

Be honest with Him, always calling Him "Lord Jesus"

Pour out your heart to Him always addressing Him as "Lord, my Lord Jesus"

This is very effective and the Holy Spirit will come into you and in a short while you will know that something has happened to you and that you are joyfully changing for the better.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '07 22:02
    "sickening sweet language"

I did it to counterbalance the sickening flippant language of some skeptical people who answered.

They simply do not realize that God is Perfection and that they are sinners and transgressors of the law of God.

But, take heart. God has made provision for us in the life, death, resurrection and indwelling of Jesus Christ the Savior.
  12. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 00:36
    If you want to meet Jesus and the Holy Spirit ask Jesus to forgive all of your sins and come into your heart.

Ask once. And then thank Him that it is done. You do not need to beg. You do not need to do anything except acknowledge that you are a helpless and condemned sinner without Him.

Receive Him and call upon Him as [b]"Lord Jesus."
    Talk to Hi ...[text shortened]... know that something has happened to you and that you are joyfully changing for the better.[/b]
    I'm sorry, but that is just too much faith for what my stomach can handle.
    Does that "very effective" magic formula been tested by someone, or it just comes in the bible?
    And be aware of the holy spirit... he's been known to fancy certain virgin wifes...
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 02:36

What do I need to do to not go to Hell?
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 02:37

Oh, first words? Well, I'd assume my first words would be "Hello. Who are you?"
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 02:39
    Thank you God I can stand before you in [b] perfect peace. I stand before you clothed in the blood of Jesus Christ, my only righteous covering and the only basis upon which I can appear before your holiness.

Thank you Father. I love you.[/b]
    His response: "You picked the wrong religion. You're going to Hell/Lake of Fire/other terrible afterlife for your refusal to acknowledge the true faith."

Now what?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree