1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 04:39
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    His response: "You picked the wrong religion. You're going to Hell/Lake of Fire/other terrible afterlife for your refusal to acknowledge the true faith."

Now what?
    AThousandYoung,

You are fond of calling yourself AntiChrist. And you seem to want to identify yourself with this verse 1 John 2:22 which says:

"Who is the liar if not he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son"

I suppose then you wish to portray to those whom you'd dialogue with that you are some kind of loud and proud anti- Christ denier of Christ.

Do you think I will take your flights of fancy imagination as serious substance for spiritual discussion? Do you think I would consider your questions as coming from any sincere motive to understand salvation?

You have had the fleeting pleasure of boasting to us that you want to be Anti-Christ. Take that little false "happiness" that you derive from this whimsmical shock value game you like to play with Christian disciples and be satisfied with it. You've obtained your little reward already.

I'm not interested in your "questions" as long as you come on like "Hey, Religious Jesus people, I dare you to come and try to teach me anything."
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 06:30
    Originally posted by Flying Dwarf
    If I ask you a question and shake my Bible...
    will I see an answer like those magic 8 balls?
    Yes
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 09:59
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    ...What would you say/ask/tell the big chap ?

Let's say he exist (sorry athiests), and you actually met him/her/it....What would your first sensible/legible words be ?
    Why would I ask him anything at all? His existence alone is not reason enough for me to worship him, so I'm not sure I'd feel the need to do anything. I guess I might be curious as to why he's such an obtuse and hypocritical dictator.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 10:451 edit
    When I met Christ face to face I will thank Him that He made Himself so small that I could receive Him. He even made Himself so approachable that I could have Him as a truest Friend.

More than that I will thank God that He made Himself so small that He could be eaten like the bread of life, like the crumbs of bread that fall underneath the table.

I think I will continue to talk to God in that day the way I talk to God in every day. Enjoying Him and thanking Him that He is so available and approachable in Jesus Christ.

I'll thank Him that His Spirit was as easy to take in as the air that surrounds me. I'll just continue to praise Him that He was as avaliable to drink in as water.

I'll thank Him again that He forced me to do nothing but rather wooed me with His beauty and won my heart with His tenderness and grace.

I'll thank Him perhaps most that His mercy saved me from being poisoned by the grumblings of rebels who opposed His salvation all thier lives. And to think I could have been enfluenced by them makes me shudder.

I'll thank God that in my life I enjoyed such a foretaste of the fuller enjoyment of Him to come in eternity.
  5. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 11:54
    Originally posted by jaywill
    When I met Christ face to face I will thank Him that He made Himself so small that I could receive Him. He even made Himself so approachable that I could have Him as a truest Friend.

More than that I will thank God that He made Himself so small that He could be eaten like the bread of life, like the crumbs of bread that fall underneath the table.

I t ...[text shortened]... t in my life I enjoyed such a foretaste of the fuller enjoyment of Him to come in eternity.
    You have that so deep in your hear you truly believe it. Complete brainwash. Can you see anything else besides that God?
    I'm no antichrist because i believe the message of the Christ. You could say I believe in the Bible as a moral guide in most issues, although a bit obsolete for nowadays. But NEVER believe it literally or as an absolute truth, like there is nothing else in the world. That's fanatism. And you look like a fanatic.
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 20:541 edit

I t t in my life I enjoyed such a foretaste of the fuller enjoyment of Him to come in eternity.
    Now where have I heard this before? Oh, that's right....

‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ Lk. 8:11-12
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 21:112 edits
    AThousandYoung,

You are fond of calling yourself [b]AntiChrist
    . And you seem to want to identify yourself with this verse 1 John 2:22 which says:

"Who is the liar if not he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son"

I suppose then you wish to portray to those whom like "Hey, Religious Jesus people, I dare you to come and try to teach me anything."[/b]
    I find it funny that the Bible has declared me the antiChrist, that's all.

If I met God and was convinced he was indeed the Judeo-Christian God, I would no longer be an antiChrist - assuming Jesus was part of the true theology.

I understand. You only preach to the converted. That must be good for your ego.

There is a place where my interests and Christian interests coincide, and that's understanding the Bible. However all I hear are interpretations, many based on Secret Decoder Ring Holy Spirit ideas, and vague talk about "context". I'd love to discuss context but no one seems both willing and capable of doing so.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 22:341 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I find it funny that the Bible has declared me the antiChrist, that's all.

If I met God and was convinced he was indeed the Judeo-Christian God, I would no longer be an antiChrist - assuming Jesus was part of the true theology.

I understand. You only preach to the converted. That must be good for your ego.

There is a place where my interest ntext". I'd love to discuss context but no one seems both willing and capable of doing so.
    What am I suppose to think when underneath your tag you write "Anti-Christ"?

If I misjudged you I'm sorry. But you don't go terribly out of your way to be understood, writing Anti-Christ under your ID.

Are you ashamed to be associated with crazy lovers of Jesus like me?
  9. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 22:54

If I misjudged you I'm sorry. But you don't go terribly out of your way to be understood, writing Anti-Christ under your ID.

I've been called the anti-christ by a priest I convinced his faith was illogical and only existing in is subconscious, and not in everyday reality. I found it funny. I said I was not against Christ and believed his message, I simply didn't need him to me a God to let that message reach to my heart.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 00:362 edits
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Now where have I heard this before? Oh, that's right....

‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ Lk. 8:11-12
    You're welcome to make that parallel Swiss Gambit. But I really didn't say anything bad about anyone else.

Okay, I did have in my prayer that I was glad I was not deceived by some grumblers. You could say "Well that sounds self righteous."

Perhaps. But before in the previous prayer I acknowledged that my only righteous standing before God was the redemptive work of Christ and that I was not standing on my own merit.

The self righteous Pharisee was standing on his own merit before God and went away self justified - not justified by God.

But .... uh... nice try. Good to see you're reading the Scriptures!
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 04:13
    You\'re welcome to make that parallel Swiss Gambit. But I really didn\'t say anything bad about anyone else.

Okay, I did have in my prayer that I was glad I was not deceived by some grumblers. You could say \"Well that sounds self righteous.\"

Perhaps. But before in the previous prayer I acknowledged that my only righteous standing before God was the ...[text shortened]... ified by God.

But .... uh... nice try. Good to see you\'re reading the Scriptures!
    Are you quite sure the Pharisee was standing on his own merit? He did start by thanking God, just as you did. It sounds like he is crediting God for the fact that he is a good person. [Why thank God if you\'re capable of doing it on your own?]

By my reading, Jesus is condemning the Pharisee, not for self-righteousness, but for his prideful statements. He utterly lacks humility. He thinks he has things all figured out.

That\'s why Jesus contrasts with the tax collector. The tax collector is desperate. He has no assurance of mercy from God - he wouldn\'t be begging for it if he did. He is completely humble before God.
  12. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 04:423 edits
    Are you quite sure the Pharisee was standing on his own merit? He did start by thanking God, just as you did. It sounds like he is crediting God for the fact that he is a good person. [Why thank God if you\'re capable of doing it on your own?]

By my reading, Jesus is condemning the Pharisee, not for self-righteousness, but for his prideful statements. y from God - he wouldn\'t be begging for it if he did. He is completely humble before God.
    Interesting parable. In parables such as this one, we’re seldom told what people are thinking. Presumably, their actions and words tell us what they are thinking. Or at least might be thinking: most of these parables are subject to more than one interpretation.

To tease this one just a little, I propose the following variation:

A believer has a dream. In the dream, both he and an unbeliever appear before God’s judgment (both of them having died). The believer gives God thanks for his grace in allowing saving faith, etc., etc. (without saying anything at all about the unbeliever). And the believer is admitted to heaven.

When it’s his turn, the unbeliever “would not even look up to heaven, but was beating his breast and saying, “God, be merciful to me, a sinner!” And God said that this one also was justified; and the unbeliever, too, was admitted to heaven (having, of course, in the face of God, after death, become a believer.)

The believer then wakes from this dream.

Now, the “justifying” question for the believer becomes: what is his reaction to this dream? Does it offend him in any way? Does he say, “Thank God, it was just a dream?” Does he welcome the possibility that, despite his reading of scripture, the parable in question does indeed reflect the situation after people die? Perhaps he honestly doesn’t believe that will be the situation we all face after death—that is not the question here. The question here is whether he is offended by the notion, however remote he sees the possibility, or would welcome it.

And the answer to that, I think, will describe how close such a believer is to the Pharisee in the parable. And that is something that a person can only honestly answer for himself.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 04:54

You're supposed to realize that the Bible says I am the antiChrist and how silly that is. I don't mind being misunderstood though.

Associated with lovers of Jesus in what way?
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 06:412 edits

By my reading, Jesus is condemning the Pharisee, not for self-righteousness, but for his prideful statements. y from God - he wouldn\'t be begging for it if he did. He is completely humble before God.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Why don't you offer us a prayer of your own?

Or would you prefer to stand there beside God and help Him criticize the prayers of others?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    By my reading, Jesus is condemning the Pharisee, not for self-righteousness, but for his prideful statements. He utterly lacks humility. He thinks he has things all figured out.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++

As a Christian, I know that I will have to give an account for my Christian life before the judgement seat of Christ. I fully expect to be judged. Judgement begins with the house of God.

This judgement of believers is not related to the matter of eternal salvation. That issue has been solved. However I must undergo a judgement related to reward or punishment during the 1,000 year millennial kingdom.

My certainty in the prayer was related to my eternal destiny. It was not related to my position in the kingdom of Christ on the earth during the millennium.

Do you understand this? In speaking to disciples for whom the issue of eternal redemption is solved the Apostle Paul says:

"For another foundation no one is able to lay besides that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

But if anyone builds upon the foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, grass, stubble, the work of each will become manifest, for the day will declare it, because it is revealed by fire, and the fire itself will prove each one's work, of what sort it is.

If anyone's work which he has built upon the foundation remains, he will receive a reward.

If anyone's work is consumed, he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire." (1 Cor. 3:11-15)

As a saved Christian I can have assurance of eternal salvation and even "boast because of the hope" (Rom. 5:2). Yet as to whether my Christians works will be consumed in the fire of Christ's examination or remain as gold, silver, and precious stones, I must wait to see.

Did I say that that was the ONLY thing I might utter when I meet the Lord Jesus?

I would be standing before the one who lives inside of me. There is no opportunity for deception.

I plan to thank Christ that He allowed me to live the best life I could have lived, a life of believing in His incarnation, death, and resurrection.

Do you think it would be more pleasing to God if I come befuddled about all these matters, confused, not too certain, doubting that He really is God incarnate.? Do you think such confusion and hesitation shows "humility"?

Don't confuse humility with wavering in trust in what He has told us.

+++++++++++++++++++++++
    That\'s why Jesus contrasts with the tax collector. The tax collector is desperate. He has no assurance of mercy from God - he wouldn\'t be begging for it if he did. He is completely humble before God.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++

But I already had my hour of desperation as to initially being received by God.

It is not humility to be desperate about being forgiven eternally everyday ever after God has told you that you are forgiven.

Again, my assurance was related to eternity and eternal redemption. It was not related to the reward or discipline which awaits every saved person.

We can have assurance of eternal justification. That is not pride. That is faith. I try to walk in the presence of Christ as if I shall meet Him physically at any time. I love Him.

And I know whatever He does with me, it will be just and fair. That much I know.

Would you like to offer us an example of a prayer of your own then? And if not do you have one or a reaction to seeing God which you feel is helpful?
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '07 06:55
    ++++++++++++++++++++++

You're supposed to realize that the Bible says I am the antiChrist and how silly that is. I don't mind being misunderstood though.

Associated with lovers of Jesus in what way?
    +++++++++++++++++++++++

Hold on here ThousandYoung. Just get a grip for a second.

1.) You labelled YOURSELF Anti-Christ underneath your ID TAG.

What is that SUPPOSE to communicate?

2.) The Bible says that there are in fact "many antichrists" who have gone out into the world.

"Young children, it is the last hour; and even as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, whereby we know that is it the last hour. (1 John 2:19).

Why are you sore that your label seems very much to indicate that you wish to be recognized as one?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree