1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 08:24
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You continue to fail to address the point of How does one abide in Christ. You think it is about talking but it is about doing .. or following the commandments of Christ.
    Why do you continue to not take your own advice?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 08:25
    Originally posted by apathist
    He couldn't even stay alive to help the world. Just as if he were braggart and not holy.
    Talk about missing the point.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 08:27
    More mumbo jumbo.
    Like Eladar, you too would benefit from less talking and more listening.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 08:29
    Originally posted by Eladar
    As for the topic of this thread, 1 John 5:2 is of interest.

How do we know if we love the children of God ? We love God and carry out his commands.
    Do you truly not understand what hypocrisy is?

It is saying or claiming that one thing is required and then not doing that one thing yourself.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 08:31
    Originally posted by apathist
    You reveal yourself by projection.

I'm very interested in science and spirituality, since I seek to understand reality. I'm both pagan and atheist, Clearly you do not understand me at all.

You, otoh, felt alone and frightened, and discovered that by focusing on the minutia of a particular translation of a particular text from a particular reli ...[text shortened]... ts cannot be allowed to loosen the grip you have found. So I think I understand you well enough.
    This religion is not driven by fear. It is driven by love.

You assume... wrongly.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 11:00
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Do you truly not understand what hypocrisy is?

It is saying or claiming that one thing is required and then not doing that one thing yourself.
    I understand that you ate spiritually blind so your opinion means as much as a pagan's or any other child of Satan
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 11:201 edit
    I understand that you ate spiritually blind so your opinion means as much as a pagan's or any other child of Satan
    Spiritually dead is the more appropriate expression for those who do not preach the following of Jesus's commandments. Instead they refer to them as cultish, legalistic and other derogarary terms, and generally discourage people from following Christ. I would guess that these types are going to be in for a big surprise when faced with judgment.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 16:11
    This religion is not driven by fear. It is driven by love.

You assume... wrongly.
    How do you explain the fact that the majority of Christians support Donald Trump and the overwhelming majority of protestants support him?

Is it the case of the religion being driven by love, but the followers being driven by fear (and self-centeredness for that matter)? What does that say about "this religion"?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 09:00
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    How do you explain the fact that the majority of Christians support Donald Trump and the overwhelming majority of protestants support him?

Is it the case of the religion being driven by love, but the followers being driven by fear (and self-centeredness for that matter)? What does that say about "this religion"?
    I explain it by this passage:

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
    Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." -- Matthew 7:13-14, KJV

Not all Christians will have an easy time at Judgement. In fact, most will not.

Among those who will not are a few here, whom I would label the "aggressively arrogant".
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 09:05
    Do you think it's perfectly okay to "pick and choose" which of Christ's commandments to obey and which to ignore?

Because you're ignoring a few right now, just like others in this forum who spend their time judging their Christian brothers.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 09:13
    Spiritually dead is the more appropriate expression for those who do not preach the following of Jesus's commandments. Instead they refer to them as cultish, legalistic and other derogarary terms, and generally discourage people from following Christ. I would guess that these types are going to be in for a big surprise when faced with judgment.
    Do you include yourself in this judgement of others? What about those who DO "preach the following of Jesus' commandments" and yet still DO NOT follow them themselves?

Are you calling hypocrites such as yourself "spiritually alive"?

Just asking.
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 09:211 edit
    And you continue to preach dead works.

"DEAD WORKS" - these are religious works or good deeds done in the power of the flesh, and a person who is operating in their FLESH, and not in FAITH and the power of the Holy Spirit, CANNOT do ANYTHING that will be pleasing to God (Rom. 8:8). Before we are born again by faith in Jesus Christ, we are all DEAD in our sins, and all our works are DEAD works. This is why there is no salvation apart from Jesus Christ, because it is NOT the keeping of laws, commandments, ordinances, rules, or ANY OUTWARD CONDUCT that makes a person RIGHTEOUS. There must be an INWARD CHANGE, a NEW BIRTH, a CREATION by GOD of a completely NEW PERSON, for someone to be a part of His Kingdom (John 3:3).

http://www.loveliftedmerecovery.com/Bible%20Studies/questions_answers/gods_law_in_hearts.pdf
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 09:32
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk

"DEAD WORKS" - these are religious works or good deeds done in the power of the flesh, and a person who is operating in their FLESH, and not in FAITH and the power of the Holy Spirit, CANNOT do ANYTHING that will be pleasing to God (Rom. 8:8). Before we are born again by faith in Jesus Christ, we are all DEAD i ...[text shortened]...

http://www.loveliftedmerecovery.com/Bible%20Studies/questions_answers/gods_law_in_hearts.pdf
    I can agree with the intent of this, even though it seems a bit heavy-handed to me.

I am wary of those who proselytize by yelling at me. This is not the love by which I was brought to Christ.
  14. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 09:421 edit
    I can agree with the intent of this, even though it seems a bit heavy-handed to me.

I am wary of those who proselytize by yelling at me. This is not the love by which I was brought to Christ.
    No shouting intended, merely an emphasis of key words. 🙂
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 13:04
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk

"DEAD WORKS" - these are religious works or good deeds done in the power of the flesh, and a person who is operating in their FLESH, and not in FAITH and the power of the Holy Spirit, CANNOT do ANYTHING that will be pleasing to God (Rom. 8:8). Before we are born again by faith in Jesus Christ, we are all DEAD i ...[text shortened]...

More nonsense from your church doctrine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree