If you obey my commands

If you obey my commands

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Eladar
If they follow all of the commands it is possible they have them written on their heart. If so, then it is possible that someone can be saved I'd guess.

Since liberals pick and choose which sins to recognize as sin and which to ignore, they will always fall short of following God's commands.
Since conservatives always pick the love of money over love for their neighbor, they will always fall short of following God's commands.

Fixed.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Dec 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
If no one can keep all God's commands perfectly it means no one can be saved purely by their works, as Rajk is claiming.
God does not expect perfection. Yet another false doctrine from your church which you foolishly swallow. How is it you are such an easy person to fool. If you listen to Christ nobody can fool you.

E

Moves
14 Dec 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Since conservatives always pick the love of money over love for their neighbor, they will always fall short of following God's commands.

Fixed.
If you say so then it must be true.

E

Moves
14 Dec 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
God does not expect perfection. Yet another false doctrine from your church which you foolishly swallow. How is it you are such an easy person to fool. If you listen to Christ nobody can fool you.
Perfection? How many time are you allowed to disagree with God about what is sinful and what is not and still get into heaven?

E

Moves
14 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
What Jesus said in the verses I quoted is really plain and straightforward.

You can choose to believe Him or not.

[b]I do not believe your twist on it.

Why don't you show exactly how I "twist[ed]" what He said and how it is substantially different from what He stated?[/b]
Because Jesus did not explain what he meant in that quote. So you explain it for him instead of reading the Bible.

F

Moves
14 Dec 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Good grief! "...conservatives always pick the love of money over love for their neighbour"? This has not been my life experience of interacting "conservatives" at all. "Always"? Oh dear. How utterly tragic that would be, if it were true. I hope that it's just silly, dishonest, poisonous hyperbole on your part.

T

Moves
14 Dec 16
1 edit

Because Jesus did not explain what he meant in that quote. So you explain it for him instead of reading the Bible.
I imagine that if you could show how I "twist[ed]" what He said as you claimed, you would have.

I imagine that if you could show how it is substantially different from what He stated, you would have.

The fact is that what Jesus said in the verses I quoted is really plain and straightforward.

The fact is that what I wrote IS substantially the same as what He stated.

The fact is that those verses are in conflict with your beliefs, but you refuse to admit it.

The fact is that, by and large, what Jesus said in those verses is consistent with the words attributed to Him while He walked the Earth.

For example:
John 5
28“Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

John 4
; 27and He will say, ‘I tell you, I do not know where you are from; DEPART FROM ME, ALL YOU EVILDOERS.’ 28“In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but yourselves being thrown out.

Matthew 7
21“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22“Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23“And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’

Matthew 5
48“Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

T

Moves
14 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
Good grief! "...conservatives always pick the love of money over love for their neighbour"? This has not been my life experience of interacting "conservatives" at all. "Always"? Oh dear. How utterly tragic that would be, if it were true. I hope that it's just silly, dishonest, poisonous hyperbole on your part.
Of course she exaggerated a little for effect, but it IS largely true of the mindset of conservative politics in the US which presumably is what she had in mind.

E

Moves
14 Dec 16

I imagine that if you could show how I "twist[ed]" what He said as you claimed, you would have.

I imagine that if you could show how it is substantially different from what He stated, you would have.

The fact is that what Jesus said in the verses I quoted is really plain and straightforward.

The fact is that what I wrote IS substantially the same ...[text shortened]... LESSNESS.’

Matthew 5
48“Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Do not decieve yourself, the sexually immoral will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

As Jesus said fornication is the result of evil in a person's heart.

If you try to argue that sexual immorality isn't sinful then you are twisting Jesus' words.

T

Moves
14 Dec 16

Do not decieve yourself, the sexually immoral will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

As Jesus said fornication is the result of evil in a person's heart.

If you try to argue that sexual immorality isn't sinful then you are twisting Jesus' words.
What does this have to do with the content of my post?

What does this have to do with the words of Jesus that I've posted in this thread?

F

Moves
14 Dec 16

Of course she exaggerated a little for effect, but it IS largely true of the mindset of conservative politics in the US which presumably is what she had in mind.
No. Sorry. This is not supported by my life experience or my interaction with American conservatives at all. Some of the most generous and principled American Christians I have ever had the pleasure to know have been conservatives, disagree markedly over issues as we might.

In my comment to Suzianne, I was addressing her characterization of "conservatives" and not addressing what you may think of "politics in the US", about which we may well agree.

Most Christian "conservatives" I have interacted with were a dam sight more decent and admirable than the political creatures seeking to court them who, in the lowest-common-denominator and 'lesser of two evils' process, give rise to the nature of "conservative politics in the US".

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Dec 16

Is it the messge of the new testament or the assumptions that you and many others read into it?

Jesus himself said we are to obey his commands as he obeyed God's commands. We must remain in him.

To be grafted into Christ we must be cut off from what we were and get our instruction from Christ.

You must be terribly blind if you do not know thst this ...[text shortened]... stament.

To teach otherwise and to claim to know Christ is to be a wolf in sheep's clothing.
In today's world we have gone WAY past 'love thy neighbor' or don't steal and such.

Why doesn't Jesus have any NEW things to say, eh? Could it be the whole thing was a scam? Otherwise I would expect new things from JC but nothing new came out of all that, just same ole same ole.

E

Moves
14 Dec 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
In today's world we have gone WAY past 'love thy neighbor' or don't steal and such.

Why doesn't Jesus have any NEW things to say, eh? Could it be the whole thing was a scam? Otherwise I would expect new things from JC but nothing new came out of all that, just same ole same ole.
Jesus is the same from rhe beginning to the end.

I'd say that in today's society we have devolved and are still in desperate need of the gospel.

E

Moves
14 Dec 16

What does this have to do with the content of my post?

What does this have to do with the words of Jesus that I've posted in this thread?
It has to do with the meaning of Jesus' words.

T

Moves
14 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
No. Sorry. This is not supported by my life experience or my interaction with American conservatives at all. Some of the most generous and principled American Christians I have ever had the pleasure to know have been conservatives, disagree markedly over issues as we might.

In my comment to Suzianne, I was addressing her characterization of "conservatives" a ...[text shortened]... nd 'lesser of two evils' process, give rise to the nature of "conservative politics in the US".
From what I gather, you are not from the US.

Suzianne will have to speak for herself, but "conservatives" support conservative politics which largely "pick[s] the love of money over love for their neighbor". I imagine that this is what she had in mind.

If that is the case, then whatever personal interactions you've had with US "conservatives" is neither here nor there.

I imagine the following may apply:
Matthew 6
1“Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven.
2“So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 3“But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.