If you obey my commands

If you obey my commands

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
11 Dec 16

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
What does this have to do with the main point of my post?
[quote]Earlier you posited that most of Christianity has lost its way because it is driven by self-centeredness rather than love.

Given the above and the fact that most Christians voted for Trump, it follows that most Christians voting "against Hillary and the Democrat platform" was similarly ...[text shortened]... y exhibited xenophobia, racism, jingoism, sexism, etc. that appealed to many of his supporters".
If you vote for anyone you'd rather see elected you are voting out of self centeredness by your rational.

You are obviously a libtard so I doubt you have eyes to see.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Dec 16

This helps underscore my point. Most of Christianity has lost its way and is not "driven by love", but by fear, self-centeredness, etc.
However, this is NOT the fault of Christianity.

It is the fault of those who stray from the way.

Christianity is driven by love. Some who call themselves Christian are not driven by love, and they will be judged because they have strayed.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Dec 16

Earlier you posited that most of Christianity has lost its way because it is driven by self-centeredness rather than love.

Given the above and the fact that most Christians voted for Trump, it follows that most Christians voting "against Hillary and the Democrat platform" was similarly driven by self-centeredness rather than love.

Like I said: "Peo ...[text shortened]... le like people like themselves. It's quite telling that Trump has so many Christian supporters."
I could have agreed with far more of your post had your "... so many Christian supporters" had been instead "... so many supporters who call themselves Christian".

Republicans are about as far as you can get from the teaching of Jesus. I would find it nearly impossible to be both a Republican and a Christian. They are antitheses.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
11 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
There are no good works that can be dead. Dead works are works which some people [including Christians, or even especially Christians] are guilty of because they believe that they are going something good when in fact THEY ARE NOT OBEYING CHRIST.

[b]Luk 6:46  And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? 

Obedience to Christ is ...[text shortened]... hesy etc and they believe that is good works.

Jesus's definition of good works is in Matt 25,[/b]
Jesus says we should feed the hungry. So if you feed the hungry you are obeying Christ and you are doing good works right?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Dec 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Jesus says we should feed the hungry. So if you feed the hungry you are obeying Christ and you are doing good works right?
Jesus will judge. Why do I have to repeat that so many times.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
11 Dec 16

Jesus will judge. Why do I have to repeat that so many times.
When it suits you Jesus will judge, but you have no problem judging others when you so please.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Dec 16

When it suits you Jesus will judge, but you have no problem judging others when you so please.
I can judge what you say. I cannot judge a hypothetical vague statement about someone feeding the hungry. Why are you such a donkey.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
11 Dec 16

I can judge what you say. I cannot judge a hypothetical vague statement about someone feeding the hungry. Why are you such a donkey.
So in your mind a 'hypothetical vague statement about feeding the hungry' is not 'something I say'? 🙄

P

Moves
12 Dec 16

Originally posted by Eladar
Another Bible quote thread...

John 15:10

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's command and remain in his love.

Actually this idea runs throughout chapters 14 and 15. We must obey his commands. If you look at Judas' example wasn't he chosen by Jesus? Judas did not follow Jesus commands.

Kind of puts ...[text shortened]... fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
Keeping the commands of Christ is simple, it is to love God with your whole heart, mind, soul and all your strength. And to love your neighbor as yourself

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
12 Dec 16

Originally posted by Pudgenik
Keeping the commands of Christ is simple, it is to love God with your whole heart, mind, soul and all your strength. And to love your neighbor as yourself
So Rajk do you still think an unbeliever can love God with their whole heart, mind, soul and strength?

E

Moves
12 Dec 16

Originally posted by Pudgenik
Yes, but what does love mean?

Some would argue that recognizing certain actions as sinful is unloving.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Dec 16

So Rajk do you still think an unbeliever can love God with their whole heart, mind, soul and strength?
Of course. How do Christians love God or love Christ? Can you explain that?

Love has nothing to do with what you say but it is all about actions.

P

Moves
12 Dec 16

I like to think all things are possible. I ve had the pleasure to meet some wonderful people in my lifetime. I have a close friend of mine who has never been much of a bible thumper, infact I doubt he has ever read it. yet of all my friends, I have never met anyone so selfless. When he sees trouble, he jumps right in with no care about himself. I have heard of and seen miraculous events take place with this guy. God has used him to save lives. I've personally witnessed it twice. and when the moment is over, he is back to his usual - partying and finding a lady for the night

T

Moves
13 Dec 16
7 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
I could have agreed with far more of your post had your "... so many Christian supporters" had been instead "... so many supporters who call themselves Christian".

Republicans are about as far as you can get from the teaching of Jesus. I would find it nearly impossible to be both a Republican and a Christian. They are antitheses.

Yes they are antithesis.

Some who call themselves Christian are not driven by love, and they will be judged because they have strayed.

As evidenced by the fact that a significant majority of those "who call themselves Christian" support Trump, it's far from just "some". Like Eladar, they see themselves as the "true" Christians that are "driven by love" and you as not. They see you as a "libtard" that "cannot see". Based on Eladar's responses on this thread, they see you as the "self-centered" one. It's perverse, but it is what it is. Do you think that they have been given the Holy Spirit?

However, this is NOT the fault of Christianity. It is the fault of those who stray from the way.

Seems like there has to be something amiss for them to be in the majority.

E

Moves
13 Dec 16

Of course. How do Christians love God or love Christ? Can you explain that?

Love has nothing to do with what you say but it is all about actions.
To love God is to allow others to walk all over you over and over and over again. To love God is to submit to others. To love God is to live a righteous life, sacrificing what we want for what God wants.

Love is patient. Love is kind.

Pretty much impossible to live up to but that is the ideal. I'm working on it but dealing with idiot libtards certainly makes it difficult.