1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 21:11
    Originally posted by sonship
    We are not communicating.
    You apparently are not listening to me.

Or you are talking to me but debating someone in your mind's memory or imagination.
    You're not getting what I am writing.
    What I am getting from you is that you believe in exeriencing the spirit of God within you and following what the spirit leads you to do or believe.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 21:30
    [b] "Abide in Me and I in you."

As Christians, to abide in Christ, we first have to get the revelation that He is the true vine and we the Christians are the branches. To learn to abide in Jesus Christ we first have to receive Him as Lord. Then we have to see there is no need to struggle to get into Him. We are in Him already.

H ...[text shortened]... the resurrected Christ Who is the life giving divine Spirit of God, He will in turn abide in us.[/b]
    You continue to fail to address the point of How does one abide in Christ. You think it is about talking but it is about doing .. or following the commandments of Christ.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 21:31

Or you are talking to me but debating someone in your mind's memory or imagination.
    Thats because you are in fact not speaking clearly. You lack that ability
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 21:502 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    What I am getting from you is that you believe in exeriencing [SIC] the spirit of God within you and following what the spirit leads you to do or believe.

The man born of the Spirit, Who is God, must set his mind on his human spirit where the Spirit of God has come.

The human spirit is joined to the Holy Spirit in regeneration. And the two become united, blended, and "one spirit".

This is seen in a number of places. One of the best is First Corinthians 6:17.

"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17)

It is a great thing to firstly have your innermost being born again of the Spirit of God.
    Then it is a great thing to LEARN to live another way - by the mingled human spirit that is JOINED to the Lord to be "one spirit".

You should hunt down a book by Watchman Nee called The Spiritual Man, a three volume book. But it is volume one that would be of the most help to you at this stage.

Here you may read about the spirit and soul and body in the book The Spiritual Man. Here below is a link to the Table of Contents. And I would recommend you consider reading the chapter on The Spirit, the Soul and the Body.

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?id=0B15
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 21:54
    What I am getting from you is that you believe in exeriencing [SIC] the spirit of God within you and following what the spirit leads you to do or believe.

The man born of the Spirit, Who is God, must set his mind on his human spirit where the Spirit of God has come.

The human spirit is joined to the Holy Spirit in regeneration. And th ...[text shortened]... n [b] The Spirit, the Soul and the Body.

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?id=0B15[/b]
    Selling the false doctrines of Watchman Lee, to Christians who already believe in following the commandments of Christ makes you the worlds biggest shyster and crook.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 21:55
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Ok so you don't think much of what Jesus said.
    He couldn't even stay alive to help the world. Just as if he were braggart and not holy.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 21:551 edit
    A sample of writing from The Spiritual Man by Watchman Nee.

CHAPTER TWO

THE SPIRIT AND THE SOUL

THE SPIRIT

It is very important for believers to know that they have a spirit. Further on, we will see that all communications between God and man lie within this spirit. If a believer does not know what his spirit is, he will not know how to fellowship with God in the spirit and will substitute the work of the spirit with soulish activities such as that of the mind and the emotion. The result of this is that he will always remain soulish and will not reach the spiritual realm.

First Corinthians 2:11 speaks of the spirit of man which is in him.

First Corinthians 5:4 speaks of "my spirit."

Romans 8:16 speaks of "our spirit."

First Corinthians 14:14 again speaks of "my spirit."

First Corinthians 14:32 speaks of "the spirits of prophets."

Proverbs 25:28 mentions of one's own spirit.

Hebrews 12:23 mentions the spirits of righteous men.

Zechariah 12:1 mentions Jehovah forming the spirit of man within him.

These few verses adequately prove to us that man has a spirit. This spirit is not our soul and is not the Holy Spirit. We worship God by this spirit.

According to the teaching of the Bible and the experience of the believers, man's spirit is composed of three parts, or it has three functions. These three parts are man's conscience, intuition, and fellowship (that is, fellowship with God, which is the same as worship).

Continuing a little more -

The conscience is the discerning organ. The discernment of right and wrong by the conscience is not influenced by the knowledge in the mind; rather, it is a spontaneous, direct judgment. Many times the conscience will condemn even the things that one's reasoning condones. The work of the conscience is mostly independent and direct; it is not affected by outward persuasions. If a man makes a mistake in his conduct, his conscience will condemn him. The intuition is the consciousness within man's spirit. This consciousness is absolutely different from the body-consciousness and the soul-consciousness. The reason it is called intuition is that this consciousness is direct and is not dependent on anything else. We do not need the help of the mind, the emotion, or the will before we can have this knowledge. This knowledge comes directly from intuition. Through his intuition, man can truly "know" something, while his mind can only make him understand it. All God's revelations and all the moving of the Holy Spirit are known by the believers through the intuition. A believer should follow the voice of the conscience and the instruction of the intuition. Fellowship is our worship to God. The mind, the emotion, and the will are the organs of the soul and cannot worship God. God does not come through our mind, emotion, or desires. God is known directly through the spirit. Man worships God and communicates with God directly through the spirit, that is, through the "inner man," and not through the soul or the outward man.

Having seen the above, we now realize how the three parts—the conscience, the intuition, and the fellowship—are deeply integrated together and how they are related to one another in their work. The conscience is linked to the intuition, for the conscience judges according to the intuition. The conscience condemns conduct that is contrary to the intuition. The intuition is also linked to fellowship, or worship. God is known to man in the intuition, and He reveals Himself and His will through the intuition. Hopes and conjectures will not bring us the knowledge of God. Further on, we will discuss these matters in detail. Therefore, we will not say too much about them now.

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?cid=0F
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 21:581 edit
    I love you sonship. Because, this is true dope, retarded people need love most of all. It is not your fault that the brain misfires.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 22:00
    A sample of writing from [b]The Spiritual Man by Watchman Nee.

CHAPTER TWO

THE SPIRIT AND THE SOUL

THE SPIRIT

It is very important for believers to know that they have a spirit. Further on, we will see that all communications between God and man lie within this spirit. If a believer does not know what his spirit is, he will ...[text shortened]... ll not say too much about them now.

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?cid=0F[/b]
    More mumbo jumbo.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 22:401 edit
    Originally posted by apathist
    I love you sonship. Because, this is true dope, retarded people need love most of all. It is not your fault that the brain misfires.
    The totally clueless man can only resort to apathy, ... apathist.

You care not because you are completely void of knowing any why of your own existence.
    Better take refuge in being an apathist.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 00:14
    Originally posted by apathist
    He couldn't even stay alive to help the world. Just as if he were braggart and not holy.
    This world is not his. His world is the world to come. He came to give indivduals the opportunity not to subjugate and dominate.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 02:04
    As for the topic of this thread, 1 John 5:2 is of interest.

How do we know if we love the children of God ? We love God and carry out his commands.
  13. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    06 Dec '16 11:08
    The totally clueless man can only resort to apathy, ... apathist.

You care not because you are completely void of knowing any why of your own existence.
    Better take refuge in being an apathist.
    You reveal yourself by projection.

I'm very interested in science and spirituality, since I seek to understand reality. I'm both pagan and atheist, Clearly you do not understand me at all.

You, otoh, felt alone and frightened, and discovered that by focusing on the minutia of a particular translation of a particular text from a particular religion that your culture happened to indoctrinate you into, you find both membership in a community and also some relief from your angst about the afterlife. Reason, logic and facts cannot be allowed to loosen the grip you have found. So I think I understand you well enough.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Dec '16 12:15
    How would you feel if someone said that you were just a voice for the Humanists by teaching these things ?

On the thread about the Trinity Conquering racism you deemed that that was just the voice for Humanism.

Suppose someone said what you expounded here was just a voice of the Boy Scouts or the voice for the Red Cross or just voicing the concerns o ...[text shortened]... who might teach that Jesus is a good example to follow.

Would such assumptions be justified ?
    If you were working for AMD and were doing the things that Intel required would you be
    thought of as working for AMD or Intel in your actions? If you do not belong to the One
    whom God sent it will not be because of the works you did. If you belonged to the One
    whom God sent, and you obeyed Him you will be obeying the only One that matters.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 08:231 edit

He doesn't listen to anybody.

That's the biggest part of his problem.

He apparently doesn't read what they write, either.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree