If you obey my commands

If you obey my commands

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
14 Dec 16

Originally posted by Eladar
It has to do with the meaning of Jesus' words.
Are you being intentionally dense?

I've seen this act many a time on this forum as a way of avoiding actually addressing pertinent points and questions especially when the poster doesn't want to admit something.

E

Moves
14 Dec 16

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
From what I gather, you are not from the US.

Suzianne will have to speak for herself, but "conservatives" support conservative politics which largely "pick[s] the love of money over love for their neighbor". I imagine that this is what she had in mind.

If that is the case, then whatever personal interactions you've had with US "conservatives" is ne ...[text shortened]... g will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.
[/quote]
I take it that you are not from the US.

From my experience US Christians who know God back the conservative politicians for two issues:

Republicans, when compared to Democrats...

hold to Biblical morality when it comes to social issues

Stand for small government and allowing the free practice of religion.

E

Moves
14 Dec 16

Are you being intentionally dense?

I've seen this act many a time on this forum as a way of avoiding actually addressing pertinent points and questions especially when the poster doesn't want to admit something.
Do you acknowledge that sexual immorality as well as other sins need to be taken into account when following Jesus' commands?

T

Moves
14 Dec 16
1 edit

Do you acknowledge that sexual immorality as well as other sins need to be taken into account when following Jesus' commands?
Listen, I get it. You've tossed out this red herring in order to avoid actually addressing the pertinent points and questions of my posts because you don't want to admit that you're wrong.

T

Moves
14 Dec 16
1 edit

From my experience US Christians who know God back the conservative politicians for two issues:

Re ...[text shortened]... omes to social issues

Stand for small government and allowing the free practice of religion.

You'd be wrong about this too.

Republicans, when compared to Democrats... hold to Biblical morality when it comes to social issues

I'd be interested in seeing how being against paying a living wage "hold[s] to Biblical morality".

Stand for small government...
In your mind, is this Biblical?

... and allowing the free practice of religion.

Are Muslims included?

E

Moves
14 Dec 16
1 edit

[b]I take it that you are not from the US.

You'd be wrong about this too.[/b]
I'm guessing either north east or west coast then.

If you don't take into consideration all of Jesus' commands then you are simply a child of Satan.

T

Moves
14 Dec 16

I'm guessing either north east or west coast then.

If you don't take into consideration all of Jesus' commands then you are simply a child of Satan.
See the edits to my post.

E

Moves
14 Dec 16

See the edits to my post.
Libtard child of satan, of course you won't deal with the truth.

T

Moves
14 Dec 16

Libtard child of satan, of course you won't deal with the truth.
Listen, I get it. You've tossed out this fatuous claim in order to avoid actually addressing the pertinent points and questions of my posts because you don't want to admit that you're wrong.

Seems that you keep showing that you're the one who "won't deal with the truth".

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
14 Dec 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
God does not expect perfection. Yet another false doctrine from your church which you foolishly swallow. How is it you are such an easy person to fool. If you listen to Christ nobody can fool you.
James 2:10 Whoever keeps the whole Law but stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Can you name one person apart from Jesus that has never stumbled at just one point ?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Dec 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
James 2:10 Whoever keeps the whole Law but stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Can you name one person apart from Jesus that has never stumbled at just one point ?
Irrelevant. My point stands.

God does not expect perfection. Can you quote anywhere the Bible says that He does.

E

Moves
14 Dec 16

Listen, I get it. You've tossed out this fatuous claim in order to avoid actually addressing the pertinent points and questions of my posts because you don't want to admit that you're wrong.

Seems that you keep showing that you're the one who "won't deal with the truth".
How can a spiritualy blind person know what is important? All you know is what is important to you which simply leads to destruction.

In other words you are interested in the wrong things. If you can't see the right things I can't help you.

E

Moves
14 Dec 16
1 edit

Irrelevant. My point stands.

God does not expect perfection. Can you quote anywhere the Bible says that He does.
If you are going to discuss with him you must accept that only faith in Jesus Christ by name will allow forgiveness of the imperfect. According to the Bible this is just as valid a belief as yours, if not more so.

No one can convince you of the truth of that than you can convince him or me that this is wrong. All you can do is play endless word games. I am surprised he has continued this long in a fruitless discussion. He should realize the truth of casting pearls before swine.

If you have read the Bible and can't see this then neither he nor I can help you. If you haven't read tha Bible and only repeat sruff you've seen then read it for yourself if you are interested.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Dec 16
3 edits

If you are going to discuss with him you must accept that only faith in Jesus Christ by name will allow forgiveness of the imperfect. According to the Bible this is just as valid a belief as yours, if not more so.

No one can convince you of the truth of that than you can convince him or me that this is wrong. All you can do is play endless word games. I a ...[text shortened]... ead tha Bible and only repeat sruff you've seen then read it for yourself if you are interested.
You sort of talking nonsense. The Bible if properly read and understood teaches far more than faith in Christ.

Here are a few points for you to consider:
Faith/belief in Christ is for Christians.
Christians must have faith in Christ.
Christians must follow the commandments of Christ otherwise their faith is dead
Whether or not they have succeeded, only Christ will judge.

I am a a Christian and I believe in Christ. However, my readings of the Bible also teaches me the following:
That Jesus Christ was not around there throughout the ages for people to believe in Him.
That all of mankind has within them a conscience to guide them and lead them to righteous living
That by far the most preached doctrine of the Bible is righteousness, charity and good works
That the greatest thing is charity
That all things will pass away except charity.
That God loves those who give cheerfully
That God hates those who practice mouth worship.
Christ died for all people, not just Christians
That Jesus Christ will judge all people, ALL PEOPLE, fairly and justly according to how they were able to follow his commandments the chief of which is love and charity.

What is the advantage therefore of being a Christian:
Mostly that the Christian has first hand knowledge of what is required of them which many people dont have.

Christian faith is a stepping stone to righteous living. Unfortunately it has become and end in itself and not a means to an end. Christians have Jesus Christ, but Jesus Christ has more than just Christians.

If you have read the Bible and can't see this then I cannot help you further.

E

Moves
14 Dec 16
1 edit

You sort of talking nonsense. The Bible if properly read and understood teaches far more than faith in Christ.

Here are a few points for you to consider:
Faith/belief in Christ is for Christians.
Christians must have faith in Christ.
Christians must follow the commandments of Christ otherwise their faith is dead
Whether or not they have succeeded, on ...[text shortened]... ust Christians.

If you have read the Bible and can't see this then I cannot help you further.
Very goid. You take from tje Bible what you see. I will take what I see. In the end one or both of us burn in a lake of fire to the glory of God.

God's call not ours.