1. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 06:02
    Originally posted by telerion
    You shouldn't rag on Jesus. I love him.

One time when I was deep in the throws of a bad meth/crack trip, Jesus spoke to me. I said, "Prove to me you are real." He told me to go next door and ask for a map, so I did. I knocked on the trailer door, and this man opened the door. I asked him for a map. His jaw dropped. He told me that God had just to ...[text shortened]... breaks for you to come to him, because if you don't he will torture you Hell without end.
    Tell me, Telerion, apart from being an extremely fast reader of the Bible, and running the marathons for Jesus, what else do you do? Are you sure you are completed off drugs? I'm not sure of that.

Why is it that Jesus wants so much for us to go to Him? If, having been given a brain by God; and if we have tried so hard to find Him, and yet failed, is it fair to say that God gave us a defective brain? Or defective eyes for being unable to 'see' Him?
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 06:40
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    Tell me, Telerion, apart from being an extremely fast reader of the Bible, and running the marathons for Jesus, what else do you do? Are you sure you are completed off drugs? I'm not sure of that.

Why is it that Jesus wants so much for us to go to Him? If, having been given a brain by God; and if we have tried so hard to find Him, and yet failed, is it ...[text shortened]... r to say that God gave us a defective brain? Or defective eyes for being unable to 'see' Him?
    Hey, don't worry, Tel is only doing a parody of what just about every christian on this site will tell you that god did for them. Tel is an X Xtian.
  3. Standard memberAnonymousnumber1
    Just call me
    Gark
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 07:491 edit
    If I was a 'god', then I'd make sure that my creations knew that I existed.
  4. Standard memberAnonymousnumber1
    Just call me
    Gark
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 07:50
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Tel is an X Xtian.
    Same here, but JW's are barely xian.
  5. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 10:12
    Originally posted by ckoh1965

Why is it that Jesus wants so much for us to go to Him? If, having been given a brain by God; and if we have tried so hard to find Him, and yet failed, is it ...[text shortened]... r to say that God gave us a defective brain? Or defective eyes for being unable to 'see' Him?
    Good point. My faith is shattered. How could I have been so blind? Guess it's back to the ol' meth lab for me.
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 10:45
    Originally posted by Darfius
    [b]Praise Jesus that Darfius, the High Prophet and Only Mouthpiece of the Most High, is here to tell us what is literal and what is figurative. By the way, see any aliens lately, kid?

Don't take my word for it. Look into the relevant scholarship. I never claimed that aliens existed, tel, so that's an sort of question.[/b]
    I guess you don't call them 'aliens,' though really it's a bit of semantics on your part.

I resurrected the thread so that everyone could read it for themselves and make their own judgement.

Here's a link for when the threads become seperated.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=21781&page=1
  7. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 11:33
    I would not be omniscient. I'd do everything much the same, apart from one thing. I'd remove the environmental pressure on eating meat and encourage pacificity in animals (providing the massive amount of extra fruits and veg they'd need) so evolution was less about competition and more about co-operation (obviously I'd have to lower the propensity to reproduce too). I'd wait until cro-magnon man had evolved above the other species and then temporarily step down from my position to live among them, without revealing who I was, or having any access to my godhead for a human lifetime. Then I'd leave it a few hundred years and return to watch them create their own societies and evolve, and so on and so on. I would also abandon any interaction with them as a god, they would have free will, would not be required to worship, nor would they have any knowledge of my existence unless they invented such a concept themselves. I would also allow them to evolve so much they could begin to use my godly powers, provided that they were a peaceful, rational group who would not abuse such power. My hope would be that they would eventually sublime and depart for another universe or dimension to begin again.
  8. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 13:03
    i would be incredibly bored without doing something, therefore i would make myself the universe, much as it is now, and that is what i think God has actually done, made a universe out of His energy, to relieve boredom maybe 😀
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 13:33
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I would create humans just to watch them. They can be so darn amusing sometimes. Of course, I wouldn't be an omniscient god, so I would never know exactly what they're going to do next.

I suppose the lower depths of hell would be reserved for habitual non-thinking offenders. Of course they could amend their ways and be pardoned. Hell would never be for ...[text shortened]... ive life sentences, but he could eventually be paroled. I would be, after all, a merciful god.
    So you would give them a second chance. Does this mean you would be willing to die for them if it meant it was the only road to provide them with redemption?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 13:351 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I'd make people, and everyone would be extraordinarily happy. No one would suffer at all, ever. Otherwise, I'd do whatever I felt like. Nothing else really matters so I'd go by whim.
    So you would MAKE everyone happy, but you would also INSURE everyone an existence free of suffering. So then there would be no free will involved in your creation?
  11. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 13:371 edit
    If I had infinite intelligence, and perfect foreknowledge of the consequences of my every action, I doubt I'd bother doing anything at all.

Certainly not animal experiments. That's just cruel.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 13:40
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Of course you aren't required to. However, if you don't He sends you to Hell.

That is known in the trade as a "Hobson's choice".
    So if you praise God then you go to heaven?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 13:412 edits
    That's not what I said. I said that I'd have better things to do. "God things." You are mortal and cannot even begin to fathom how much better I can do things. It's pure arrogance to presume that you or anything else in creation could be worth my attention.

Besides your question is illogical. If I were a god I'd be outside of time, lol. (never thought I'd get the chance to use that nonsense line)
    So your creation would not be able to fathom you in any way or is this another meth trip? I thought you wanted to party with them?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 13:43
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    i would take a long nap.
    I believe this is called the Sabaath, no?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 13:471 edit
    Originally posted by Starrman
    [b]I would not be omniscient.
    Is this not problematic? Are you not the one holding everything together? If you are not onmiscient, is this not asking for chaos within your creation?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree