1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 21:21
    Originally posted by rwingett
    If I were a god I would feel no need to be worshipped. So I would create a race of humans who weren't fawning sycophants. Hell would be reserved for people who were too lazy to use their powers of critical thinking. Faith would be the greatest sin. I would either make myself fully known to them, or hide myself so well they had no inkling I was around. And m ...[text shortened]... o intervene every time something went wrong. There's probably a lot more, but that's a start.
    So if you created living beings who never needed you and did not know you were around, why would you create them? Also, if hell were reserved for those who were to lazy to think critically, does this mean all the time or a number of times? Is there no room for redemption or a second chance?
  2. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 21:28
    Originally posted by whodey
    If you were God, what would the universe look like? Would you have created the heavens and the earth? Would you have created living beings as well as creating man? Would they be created in your image or reflect you in any way? How would you interact with that creation if you chose to create it? Would you love what you had created, hate it, or be indiffer ...[text shortened]... r would you just assume not interact with them at all and just watch amusingly on the sidelines?
    nobody would have to work
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 23:06
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    nobody would have to work
    😀. Yes, perhaps the best response yet. In fact, in Genesis, I don't recall Adam having to fight rush hour to get to work in the morning.
  4. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 23:25
    😀. Yes, perhaps the best response yet. In fact, in Genesis, I don't recall Adam having to fight rush hour to get to work in the morning.
    and rapers killers etc. will be known before they commited any crime and theyd be in a place far far away were they can rape and murder eachother except they dont die so they do it over and over
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 23:33
    If you were God, what would the universe look like? Would you have created the heavens and the earth? Would you have created living beings as well as creating man? Would they be created in your image or reflect you in any way? How would you interact with that creation if you chose to create it? Would you love what you had created, hate it, or be indiffer ...[text shortened]... r would you just assume not interact with them at all and just watch amusingly on the sidelines?
    I'd make people, and everyone would be extraordinarily happy. No one would suffer at all, ever. Otherwise, I'd do whatever I felt like. Nothing else really matters so I'd go by whim.
  6. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 01:11
    Originally posted by telerion
    Are you suggesting that Adam and Eve did not have free will?
    Of course Adam and Eve had no free will. Apparently, they were free to roam around in Paradise happily. But they were still subject to a restriction. They were not allowed to eat those damn sweet apples! Why would God want to put them to the test, I don't know. Perhaps just to feel pleased with Himself that all other beings MUST obey his wishes. Maybe I wouldn't have been so negative in my opinion on Him if he had disallowed, say, killing another human. But He disallowed the consumption of apples, for pete's sake!

Throughout history - at least according to the Bible - God had demonstrated His tendency to test us. For example, He ordered one joker to sacrifice his own son for him. And this joker obeyed that order without pausing to ask WHY. Makes us all like chess pieces, and God and Satan play us around to see who will win in the end...
  7. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 02:171 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    If I was God and I created a race of humans who I claimed to love more than all other creations, I would at least reveal myself to them and provide proof of my existence so that 95% of them wouldn't have to burn in hell when all is said and done.

Are you claiming that the only proof for His existence would be revealing Himself directly to us all? Why do you not put such a burden on Alexander the Great or Washington? I suggest you instead 'settle' for evidence of a different nature, i.e. philosophical and historical proofs. By the way, no one 'burns' in hell. The fire was symbolic of judgment, i.e. "the Lord will come in fire."
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 02:40
    So you are required to worship and praise God? Since when?
    Of course you aren't required to. However, if you don't He sends you to Hell.

That is known in the trade as a "Hobson's choice".
  9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 03:14
    So the purpose of your creation would only be to provide you with a good time?
    That's not what I said. I said that I'd have better things to do. "God things." You are mortal and cannot even begin to fathom how much better I can do things. It's pure arrogance to presume that you or anything else in creation could be worth my attention.

Besides your question is illogical. If I were a god I'd be outside of time, lol. (never thought I'd get the chance to use that nonsense line)
  10. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 03:21
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    Of course Adam and Eve had no free will. Apparently, they were free to roam around in Paradise happily. But they were still subject to a restriction. They were not allowed to eat those damn sweet apples! Why would God want to put them to the test, I don't know. Perhaps just to feel pleased with Himself that all other beings MUST obey his wishes. Maybe I wou ...[text shortened]... us all like chess pieces, and God and Satan play us around to see who will win in the end...
    You shouldn't rag on Jesus. I love him.

One time when I was deep in the throws of a bad meth/crack trip, Jesus spoke to me. I said, "Prove to me you are real." He told me to go next door and ask for a map, so I did. I knocked on the trailer door, and this man opened the door. I asked him for a map. His jaw dropped. He told me that God had just told him that some one would come by tonight and ask for a map.
    "He told me to give you this," he said.
    It was a King James Bible. I read it 15 times that night. The next morning, I had completely lost my urge for drugs. Now I run marathons for Jesus.

He loves you. His heart breaks for you to come to him, because if you don't he will torture you Hell without end.
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 03:23
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Originally posted by darvlay
    [b]If I was God and I created a race of humans who I claimed to love more than all other creations, I would at least reveal myself to them and provide proof of my existence so that 95% of them wouldn't have to burn in hell when all is said and done.

Are you claiming that the only proof for His existence would be re ...[text shortened]... e 'burns' in hell. The fire was symbolic of judgment, i.e. "the Lord will come in fire."[/b]
    Praise Jesus that Darfius, the High Prophet and Only Mouthpiece of the Most High, is here to tell us what is literal and what is figurative. By the way, see any aliens lately, kid?
  12. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 04:11
    Originally posted by telerion
    Praise Jesus that Darfius, the High Prophet and Only Mouthpiece of the Most High, is here to tell us what is literal and what is figurative. By the way, see any aliens lately, kid?

Don't take my word for it. Look into the relevant scholarship. I never claimed that aliens existed, tel, so that's an sort of question.
  13. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 04:55
    i would take a long nap.
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 05:30
    So if you created living beings who never needed you and did not know you were around, why would you create them? Also, if hell were reserved for those who were to lazy to think critically, does this mean all the time or a number of times? Is there no room for redemption or a second chance?
    I would create humans just to watch them. They can be so darn amusing sometimes. Of course, I wouldn't be an omniscient god, so I would never know exactly what they're going to do next.

I suppose the lower depths of hell would be reserved for habitual non-thinking offenders. Of course they could amend their ways and be pardoned. Hell would never be for eternity in my creation. I might give George W. Bush 1,000 consecutive life sentences, but he could eventually be paroled. I would be, after all, a merciful god.
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 05:33
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    Of course Adam and Eve had no free will. Apparently, they were free to roam around in Paradise happily. But they were still subject to a restriction. They were not allowed to eat those damn sweet apples! Why would God want to put them to the test, I don't know. Perhaps just to feel pleased with Himself that all other beings MUST obey his wishes. Maybe I wou ...[text shortened]... us all like chess pieces, and God and Satan play us around to see who will win in the end...
    An apple a day may well keep the doctor away, but not the God!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree