1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 18:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    So you don't want creation regulated to a banal and automated existence but at the same time without conflict or disputes?
    Can't you read, bozo?
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 18:41
    So do you have any input other than the Christian God is incompetent? It's like saying a politian is incompetitent but not saying why or not providing a better solution. Remember you are in charge now. So now what boss?
    If I were a god I would feel no need to be worshipped. So I would create a race of humans who weren't fawning sycophants. Hell would be reserved for people who were too lazy to use their powers of critical thinking. Faith would be the greatest sin. I would either make myself fully known to them, or hide myself so well they had no inkling I was around. And most of all, I would have them rely on themselves to fix their own problems and quit beseeching me to intervene every time something went wrong. There's probably a lot more, but that's a start.
  3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 19:18
    If I were a god, I probably wouldn't create humans. Too boring. In fact, I probably wouldn't create at all. I'd likely have better "god-things" to do like hanging out at the "god" country club or having raging parties with my Greek buddies.
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 19:26
    Originally posted by telerion
    If I were a god, I probably wouldn't create humans. Too boring. In fact, I probably wouldn't create at all. I'd likely have better "god-things" to do like hanging out at the "god" country club or having raging parties with my Greek buddies.
    Forget the Greeks, for a real party you can't beat the Norse.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 20:21
    Are you suggesting that Adam and Eve did not have free will?
    No.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 20:23
    Originally posted by darvlay
    [b]LOL. Are you trying to tell me that the Christian Bible is overstating the importance of giving all glory to God and singing his praises, etc.? I suppose David was well-liked by God for his great sheepherding skills?
    If praise is due him for who he is and what he has given us it is due him. However, who is forcing you to praise him?
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 20:26
    If praise is due him for who he is and what he has given us it is due him. However, who is forcing you to praise him?
    Semantics, eh? I see.

No one is forcing me to praise anybody.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 20:30
    No, I didn't. I said that it would be a society free of religious disputes and conflicts. I would imagine that no society of free willed human beings would be free of personal or political conflicts. If people have philosophical differences with respect to me (as their creator) I would offer a toll-free 1-800 number and have a crack staff of angels wo ...[text shortened]... rovide all answers with respect to my existence. my expectations and the purpose of human life.[/b]
    Sorry, I though it odd that you distinguished "religious" disputes and not disputes in general and therefore assumed you did not mean to make the distincion. May I ask why? Are religious disputes somehow more distasteful than any other kind of disputes?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 20:31
    Can't you read, bozo?
    I guess if you call me a bozo I must be one. After all, you are calling the shots in this thread. What is to be my fate?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 20:32
    Semantics, eh? I see.

No one is forcing me to praise anybody.
    Who is forcing you to praise anybody? Is this not how you would have set things up?
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 20:33
    Sorry, I though it odd that you distinguished "religious" disputes and not disputes in general and therefore assumed you did not mean to make the distincion. May I ask why? Are religious disputes somehow more distasteful than any other kind of disputes?
    Yes, because they are predicated on nonsense.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 20:34
    Who is forcing you to praise anybody? Is this not how you would have set things up?
    You are really trying my patience.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 21:051 edit
    Yes, because they are predicated on nonsense.
    So religious disputes are the only disputes predicated on nonsense? It would seem to me that any arguement has a wrong side to it. After all, no two opinions can be right at the same time. In fact, both could be wrong. Therefore at least one side of the arguement would have to be predicated on nonsense, no?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 21:081 edit
    You are really trying my patience.
    I don't mean to agitate you. I only am trying to get you to think about some things. In your life, if you go out of your way to help someone and they never acknowledge your effort or say thank you, what is your gut instinct? Is it not one of ungreatfulness on their part? Is a "thank you" deserving even though no one is forcing them to say thank you?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 21:11
    So the purpose of your creation would only be to provide you with a good time?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree