1. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Mar '06 22:31
    Originally posted by DragonFriend
    As far as this life goes, God is omnipresent.
    How can this be? Either he is omnipresent for everything, ever, or he's not. If he's not (and therefore not in Hell) then he cannot be all those other omnis either.
  2. Joined
    25 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '06 23:01
    Good example. Now, if I hold it 6 feet away, I still have the light but not the heat. That's my point.

DF
    wrong, you just are not sensitive enough to feel the difference.

scittish covered it already.
  3. Joined
    06 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Mar '06 23:11
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    How can this be? Either he is omnipresent for everything, ever, or he's not. If he's not (and therefore not in Hell) then he cannot be all those other omnis either.
    It's a matter of a frame of reference. For your entire physical existance, God is omnipresent, i.e. there is no place you can take your body to get away from God. After death it's a different type of existance and it's resonable to assume it has a different set of rules.

DF
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '06 23:191 edit
    Originally posted by Rolfey
    get a thermometre (probably spelt wrong) and hold it to a low powered bulb. Then repeat the process for a higher pwered bulb.

prepare yourself to be amazed.
    not that it means much, but the increase in light is far greater than the increase in heat.
    come to think of it... would the light in my room would provide heat in the room you are in now, yet we are too stupid to find a way of measuring this.
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Mar '06 23:22
    It's a matter of a frame of reference. For your entire physical existance, God is omnipresent, i.e. there is no place you can take your body to get away from God. After death it's a different type of existance and it's resonable to assume it has a different set of rules.

DF
    so precisely what evidence do you have for any of this (i'll gloss over the logical fallicy that you created there)
  6. Joined
    25 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '06 23:38
    Originally posted by Kaboooomba
    not that it means much, but the increase in light is far greater than the increase in heat.
    come to think of it... would the light in my room would provide heat in the room you are in now, yet we are too stupid to find a way of measuring this.
    as i haven't measured this i'll take your word for it. to answer the other question with a question (sorry); does a butterfly flying in china affect the wind in europe? who knows?!
  7. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Mar '06 23:40
    Originally posted by Kaboooomba
    Q2. Theoretically, yes. If the laws of thermodynamics are correct. It'd be like trying to find a single, specific, water molecule in the ocean though.
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Mar '06 23:42
    Originally posted by Rolfey
    as i haven't measured this i'll take your word for it. to answer the other question with a question (sorry); does a butterfly flying in china affect the wind in europe? who knows?!
    I'd say no. The momentum of the movement would be converted to heat before very long. Now, if that heat were part of a convective air current.....
  9. Joined
    06 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Mar '06 23:45
    so precisely what evidence do you have for any of this (i'll gloss over the logical fallicy that you created there)
    Same old stuff you choose not to accept, God's word.

DF
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Mar '06 23:55

DF
    Maybe if he'd write it down, sign it perhaps I might be more convinced. Then again, probably not.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Mar '06 23:56

DF
    Any references?
  12. Joined
    06 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 19:40
    Maybe if he'd write it down, sign it perhaps I might be more convinced. Then again, probably not.
    At least your honest about it.

That's the biggest danger I see in the purely scientific approach. If we sent a probe into the sun and found God sitting on His throne at the center, science would simply label Him an alien species. Any miracles He did to prove himself would most likely be classified as technology so advanced that we can't tell what is being used. No room for God to be God.

DF
  13. Joined
    06 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Mar '06 21:22
    Originally posted by amannion
    Hell is in its naturaol state untouched by God and his influence...

Are you suggesting that there is a natural state to the universe that exists without the influence of God?
    We'll make an atheist of you yet DF.
    This post has been rattling around in my head for a few days now.
    Why would you have an interest in my becoming an atheist? What benefit is there for you or I?

DF
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Mar '06 21:26
    You really have no concept of hell, do you?
    Hell is without God. God is the provider. There is nothing to do in hell. There is not beer. There are no loud speakers. There isn't even a ball to play a game with. There is nothing, nada, zero, zilch, zip. Satan isn't capable of providing anymore than you or I are. Why do you think the demons are so interes ...[text shortened]... all those pesky Christians told them and wonder why they didn't bother to check it out.

DF
    And you know this how?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Mar '06 21:29
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Nope, God can't stand the presence of sin.
    So it does not like the presence of sin and avoids hell but it can go there if it wants. So there are places god chooses not to go. Doesn't that mean it is not omnipotent after all, since it has self limited itself?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree