1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 14:35
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I daresay I'm not the only one who happens to think FMF is an arrogant prick.
    Do you think Grampy Bobby gets thumbs down for the same reason?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 14:37
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Why does our optic nerve occupy such a bad position?
    What are you talking about? It seems to occupy the shortest distance from eye to brain.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 14:391 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think Grampy Bobby gets thumbs down for the same reason?
    No. GB gets thumbed down because he's being hounded by arrogant pricks.

Now stop talking to me. I've told you once.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 14:42

I'm afraid you can't dictate who responds to what on a public message board.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 14:431 edit

You reckon the thumbs down Grampy Bobby gets are different from mine?

I have never given him a Thumbs Down. Who do you reckon does?
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 15:21
    What are you talking about? It seems to occupy the shortest distance from eye to brain.
    Well, the fact that in almost all living creatures the nerves and blood vessels
    going to the retina are in front of it [blurring and impairing visual acuity] and
    thus have to pass through it to get to the brain, thus creating a blind spot
    is inherently bad design.

There are creatures [squid, cuttlefish...] where this is not the case, where the
    blood vessels and nerves are behind the retina and thus never have to pass
    through it and thus cause no blind spot.

IF everything were designed by an intelligent designer, and/or humans are or
    ever were 'perfect' [and I still want to know, perfect for what?] then it would
    not be the case that we would have nerves and blood vessels on top of the
    light detecting surface of the eye and we would not have a blind spot.
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 15:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    You reckon the thumbs down Grampy Bobby gets are different from mine?

I have never given him a Thumbs Down. Who do you reckon does?
    I frequently do, for stupidity, spam, trolling, and gibberish.

Posts of his that are none of those things don't get thumbed down by me.

It's just that they are a very rare occurrence.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 16:48
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I frequently do, for stupidity, spam, trolling, and gibberish.

Posts of his that are none of those things don't get thumbed down by me.

It's just that they are a very rare occurrence.
    John 3:16 and related salvation passages is the only absolute truth within the Word of God an atheist can understand: faith alone in Christ alone results in regeneration [spiritual birth] and your eternal salvation. At that moment God the Holy Spirit imputes a Human Spirit which transforms a dichotomous human being [body and soul at physical birth] to a trichotomous human being [body and soul and spirit] capable of learning all of the absolute truths revealed within the Word of God. Otherwise, of course it's always a case of what the hell is he talking about? It's "stupidity, spam, trolling, and gibberish".
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 18:02
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    John 3:16 and related salvation passages is the only absolute truth within the Word of God an atheist can understand: faith alone in Christ alone results in regeneration [spiritual birth] and your eternal salvation. At that moment God the Holy Spirit imputes a Human Spirit which transforms a dichotomous human being [body and soul at physical birth] to a ...[text shortened]... ys a case of what the hell is he talking about? It's "stupidity, spam, trolling, and gibberish".
    "Pics or it didn't happen."
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 18:03
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I'm afraid you can't dictate who responds to what on a public message board.
    I'll be sure to turn myself in to the Thought Police right away.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 18:21
    I'll be sure to turn myself in to the Thought Police right away.
    There's no need to turn yourself into anyone. I'm merely pointing out the futility of your statement.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 19:20
    "Pics or it didn't happen."
    "I no lo entiendo."
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 19:23
    I daresay I'm not the only one who happens to think FMF is an arrogant prick.
    I'm not questioning your entitlement to nor the veracity of your opinion of FMF, I'm questioning you chastising other posters for allegedly thumbing down GBs posts on "principle", when you do the same yourself to someone else.
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 19:26
    "I no lo entiendo."
    Suzianne in a post to me in a different thread...

......All the argument I need has already been written, but you ignore it.

You keep claiming that there is evidence against our faith, that it is somehow 'known' to be not true. You must have another definition of 'evidence' than the rest of us. We know, because we are told by the Most High. His blood speaks to us through the ages. By claiming that our faith is the same as the meaningless faith of others distracts from our message, but then, that's your job, I guess. You sound like the noob out on the internet, "Pics or it didn't happen." Let's hope your defense before God at Judgement is better than that. You already will have to explain why you ignored all the "life preservers" thrown your way. Go ahead and stand up to Him with your middle finger raised... I'm gonna take the path of understatement here and just say, "That might not be the best plan." ......

That she seems to think that asking for sufficient evidence before believing an extraordinary
    claim is childish while still claiming that she believes in the scientific method demonstrates to
    me that she doesn't understand the scientific method, or is deeply confused about what she
    believes and how she believes it.

Anyhow, I suspect her post to you was a joke, based on the argument she is having with me.

I could be wrong, but this seems a reasonable explanation given the available evidence.
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 19:31
    John 3:16 and related salvation passages is the only absolute truth within the Word of God an atheist can understand: faith alone in Christ alone results in regeneration [spiritual birth] and your eternal salvation. At that moment God the Holy Spirit imputes a Human Spirit which transforms a dichotomous human being [body and soul at physical birth] to a ...[text shortened]... ys a case of what the hell is he talking about? It's "stupidity, spam, trolling, and gibberish".
    No, that's not it at all.

There are plenty of theist posters here who do not elicit the same response.

It's not theists posts I thumb down, it's stupid/gibberish/spam/trolling/ect posts.

The fact that almost all of yours qualify and almost none of other posters on your
    side of the fence as it were, suggests that it's not to do with your message, but
    how you deliver it.

It should also be noted that you get push-back on your method of delivery from
    what seems to me to be a clear majority of posters here.

Again this is not the case for other theists here.

Even RJHinds is generally at least comprehensible, even if sane people probably wouldn't
    want to comprehend what he's saying.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree